My experiences with crafting so long

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experiences with crafting so long

I'm nowhere near an experienced player, but i think that sharing my experiences with crafting could be useful to someone. I read some guides, but i made mistakes even on my best rings, and i prefer to test myself results, because most guides refere to some patches ago.

These rings refere all to the usual composition:

9 uncommon power rings -> 3 rare power rings -> 1 epic power ring, every ring socketed with red gemstones
    9 uncommon attack speed rings -> 3 rare attack speed rings -> 1 epic attack speed ring, every ring socketed with blue gemstones

6 uncommon crit dmg rings without gemstones -> 2 rare crit dmg rings socketed with yellow gems
    +
    3 uncommon crit rating rings socketed with yellow gemstones -> 1 rare crit rating ring sockete with yellow gemstones
    = 1 epic crit dmg/ crit rat ring

(the final epic rings can be socketed with red, blue or even yellow gemstones depending on your needs, but red ones on everyone are recommended)

The first ring i tried to craft with gems is this one. I've made a big mistake here: i crafted green jewels with radiant gemstones, rare jewels with trillion gemstones and epic jewels with brilliant gemstones. Guides suggest to use higher tiers gemstones in the first steps. BTW this is the result
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ering3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.0 KB ID:	59258

Total cost: 3 brilliant + 9 trillion +21 radiant gemstones= 8 brilliant +3 radiant gemstones

despite my mistakes this ring is really cheap, and gives about 5% less dmg in rispect the best ring i crafted. Casual players could find useful even this kind or rings, but the next jewel costs just slighty more and is better
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

The second jewel i tried crafting i used just trillion gemstones in every steps, this is the result:

Click image for larger version  Name:	eamulet1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	59259
    Total cost: 33 trillion gemstones= 11 brilliant gemstones
    As you can see, i haven't used the maximum values on crit dmg in all my jewels, i recommend to spend a lot of time and money on crafting 60% crit dmg pieces and 59.9% crit dmg pieces because results are not negligible and you later in the game will have a lot of unused gold.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

To craft my third ring i spent a lot of time grinding, this is the most expensive ring you can craft: i used brilliant gemstones in every step
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ering2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.9 KB ID:	59260
    Total cost: 33 brilliant gemstones

I messed up a little with the selection of green rings (crit dmg rings in particular), but i think that this as close to perfect as i need

Incidentaly, crafting the previous ring, i had enough materials to craft a decent tank ring, which could be useful for other builds:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ering1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	59261
    Total cost: 33 brilliant gemstones

Conclusion: using trillion gemstones is a lot cheaper and gives you 4-5% dmg less for every ring (with my stats, obviously these values could change a lot depending on builds and CL). It could be useful for casual players, but if you want to be competitive a set of 2 rings + 1 amulet crafted with trillion could drop your dmg 15% in respect to perfect ones.

I so appreciate real-world data.
    Thank you for taking the time & effort to share this with us. Good, clear, illustrated info.
    1st account (5/6/17): CEFO MALU HIDU 5680 Hero names: Vitari (BH), Ezos (Mage), Gallet (Warrior), Tuja (BH), Coka (Mage)

2nd account (8/15/17): WEMU KIYA KEYO 5706 Warrior names: Ares, Bromios, Cerberus, Deimos, Ether

Fear is a superpower. Fear can make you faster, cleverer and stronger. -Doctor Who

Comment

How do you get so many brilliant gemstones? I've been playing for a few weeks and put at least a couple dozen hours into the game, and at CL 161 I don't even have a single brilliant gemstone of each color yet. I made some decent jewelry sans gemstones to get myself started, but getting enough brilliant gemstones to blow 33 on a single piece of jewelry seems way out of reach.

Comment

OMG. *LOVE LOVE LOVE*

This is super awesome. If we disnt have Jewelry making guides galore, I'd vote for sticky. Bear minimum, I'm going to build up my trillians and try.

​​​​​​One question - what numbers did you use for jewelry? All perfect?
        VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Thank you for this info! It helped me decide whether or not to farm brilliants. Yesterday I crafted my 1st DPS ring with gems & used Daves guide. Thanks to all the excellent input in that sticky I think the ring turned out ok considering the low cost. I used 3 trillions & 30 radiants. Based on inoel's post, the cost to benefit ratio of using brilliants is too severe for casual gamers like me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0739.PNG Views:	1 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	59419
          Last edited by Peacedawg; 08-09-2017, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Made my own mistake today while crafting what supposed to be my 1st perfect ring. I forgot to put 2 more speed brilliant gemstones while fusing crit damage with att speed. Shouldn't have crafted while watching a football match. I sure did learn my lesson the hard way -sigh-
            YICO LEXU MEFI 4872 (July 20th 2017)
            Playing on Android 7

Comment

Originally posted by abc127 View Post
              OMG. *LOVE LOVE LOVE*

This is super awesome. If we disnt have Jewelry making guides galore, I'd vote for sticky. Bear minimum, I'm going to build up my trillians and try.

​​​​​​One question - what numbers did you use for jewelry? All perfect?
              Nope, i have not tracks of jewerly used, i tried to put at least a perfect piece in all fusions, and the other pieces were just near perfect, like 90-89-89 power, or sometimes 90-90-89.
              Everytime i watched the preview to see if the result would have been the same, and used the lowest pieces that would give the same result as the 90-90-90, BUT i think that there are hidden decimals, because results change slightly. As you can see im my 2 perfect rings i have 300 power and 299 vitality; they are crafted exactly the same way.
              I couldn't do it for critical dmg pieces, because i haven't found a single 60% in all my crafting. The fusion of 3 59.9% pieces gives a rare with 78.1% crit dmg, i still don't know what is the perfect value, because it seems different from the one i found on guides.

Originally posted by Cashollary View Post
              How do you get so many brilliant gemstones? I've been playing for a few weeks and put at least a couple dozen hours into the game, and at CL 161 I don't even have a single brilliant gemstone of each color yet. I made some decent jewelry sans gemstones to get myself started, but getting enough brilliant gemstones to blow 33 on a single piece of jewelry seems way out of reach.
              I had the 100 gems/day deal and 5 heroes slots. But consider that unlocking 5th slot costs 1000 gems, you'll repay the cost in 50 days, so don't expect this will help you farming your perfect ring the next month :P

BTW best spot to farm gems is severed mountain, but only if you can kill morgoth before he teleports away. As a mage I could do it on legendary with around 200 k dmg, but other difficulty levels should do the work the same.
              Second best place is broken dragon, because it gives you a lot of experience. I watched all commercials from mistery boxes (sigh!), so i suggest to farm watching movies, videos on youtube or in pauses during your workout, because it's really boring. Use gems to buy gemstone selections, you will need a lot of gems, i haven't counted them, but sure we are in the range of thousands
              Last edited by Inoel; 08-09-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacedawg View Post
                Thank you for this info! It helped me decide whether or not to farm brilliants. Yesterday I crafted my 1st DPS ring with gems & used Daves guide. Thanks to all the excellent input in that sticky I think the ring turned out ok considering the low cost. I used 3 trillions & 30 radiants. Based on inoel's post, the cost to benefit ratio of using brilliants is too severe for casual gamers like me.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0739.PNG Views:	1 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	59419
                You have a better value on critical dmg than the rings i crafted, i knew this is where my jewels are flawed. What pieces you used to obtain 100.3%?

Comment

Originally posted by Inoel View Post
                  I had the 100 gems/day deal and 5 heroes slots. But consider that unlocking 5th slot costs 1000 gems, you'll repay the cost in 50 days, so don't expect this will help you farming your perfect ring the next month
                  Does this mean you spend gems to buy the Gemstone Collection, and that's how you stockpile brilliant gemstones more quickly? I didn't even remember that was an option in the store. Is that the main thing people spend gems on once you've unlocked all your character slots, inventory space, ability slots, and desired companions?

Comment

Does this mean you spend gems to buy the Gemstone Collection, and that's how you stockpile brilliant gemstones more quickly? I didn't even remember that was an option in the store. Is that the main thing people spend gems on once you've unlocked all your character slots, inventory space, ability slots, and desired companions?
                    Well, there are a lot more options. A huge chunk is used to improve equipment. Once you found a good piece of gear it's usually 280(350(set pieces)) gems to socket, 50 gems for reforging(you usually won't get desired values on first 3 tries). And then you find a piece, that is slightly better...
                    MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

Originally posted by Inoel View Post

You have a better value on critical dmg than the rings i crafted, i knew this is where my jewels are flawed. What pieces you used to obtain 100.3%?
                      60 59.8 59.7= 79.2
                      60 59.8 59.7= 79.2

This yielded a 94 epic & 100.3 legend.

This was based upon advice from letchinchin's post & Vo1d's clarification. The key is to have at least one 60.

Comment

Does this mean you spend gems to buy the Gemstone Collection, and that's how you stockpile brilliant gemstones more quickly?
                        I run TBD for stones & exp but also buy the gemstone selection from store. You get 9 stones. 11 gems per stone is a good deal. I've gotten a trillion or brilliant with every purchase. Worst I ever rolled was a bunch of commons, a couple teardrops & 1 trillion. Maybe I've been lucky, not sure. Well worth the time it takes to farm 81 or 27 commons. We have opportunity to get 200 free gems daily from quests/ads. 18 free stones per day & at least 2 are trillion/brilliant. PLEASE MAY I HAVE ANOTHER 20 ADS

Just to make sure I'm not off me rocker I just bought another bag. Rolled 2 commons 5 teardrops 1 radiant 1 trillion.
                        Last edited by Peacedawg; 08-10-2017, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X