No announcement yet.

ANB Silver League #15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed 1 hour of Silver ANB. I am finding the progress to be oddly comparable to past events that were run with much higher level gear. I managed to open the recipes for both Igniters pistols and several pieces of Havoc gear, though I had to gem a couple of them. My crafting mastery is so low that my maximum crafts are only level 71, but that should be good enough for lower league play. Sadly, at that low crafting mastery, Antikythera wasn't able to work its magic. Probably was not worth the effort to craft epic jewelry when I hit level 70, since I was able to earn the ephemeral jewelry pieces in short order. So far, I am enjoying a more relaxed ANB event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Genesis 1hr TL80.png
Views:	566
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	211772

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't have another throwaway character on this account that you can boost crafting mastery with?

That's what I did last ANB to get my crafting level to 50 so I wouldn't use up time and resources within the event.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Kristoff No this was a brand new account that I set up just before ANB started, so pretty much playing a fresh start up. I did not even have time to level up a hero to complete daily quests, though I will probably do that today. I may try to use the ANB hero to boost crafting mastery since crafting is cheaper during the event. I plan to keep this account in the Veteran's league, and I could almost do that with my current set up.

Teebs!!
    thanks for suggestion to used arc lightning '10' for the first finger, frostbolt (2nd)

I just reach trial 90. Follow your advice. The timing not too bad I hope. erm this time DFA more than shatter. And I also have thermal shock status.

Combust 1%? Where this comes from? I dunno
    ​​​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 05-12-2022, 10:51 AM.
    Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      It appears your small combust is coming from your Sash of Igniter belt when you spam DfA (as damage over time--DoT). I think you will find the Frostfire Sash is a better build for the mage, which I'm sure you'll learn about and try.
      Last edited by WarriorSeven; 05-15-2022, 02:31 PM.

• TheExorcist
      TheExorcist commented
      Editing a comment
      As I'm tryin to be familiar with DFA suddenly nearly no one (maybe just 1 or 2) used it at the ANB LB top 100 at the moment. This is bad. How high can DFA perform if do it proper? Trial 142?. O Dear I need plan B. I haven't practisin even 'a single' Frostbeam yet. Still remember In the past I always fail in using FB proper. hihi.
      Last edited by TheExorcist; 05-13-2022, 12:28 AM.

Ist attempt at trial 100
    I'm a lousy player Will try my best 3hrs 07 min left. 1/2 hour more for exp (my accumulate CL is low. I admit)
    I'm not aiming high at trials
    AT least I'm having fun

Good luck to all.
    Hv a nice day

Attached Files
    Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm using mage too, and it's much slower at farming XP compared to warrior, at least for me.

And on mobile, you can't vortex and beam at the same time, unlike on a PC.

One hour an a minute left. Made it at trial 129. As a lousy player is there any recommendation how to pass trial 130 at first attempt? I dunno. Hv to rest for awhile I guess.

Hip hip hooray! Made it at T 130 Very bad timing I'm afraid. On the good side I made it on the first attempt.

52 min left

​​​​​​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 05-15-2022, 03:21 AM.
    Shield warrior Lover

Comment

Record for the entire existence of the game?

Name:	ANB 15 Silver.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	211849

Comment

Crafting endless amounts of bom, still no beam did get my first 77 item ever though...

Comment

I have been fortunate this 2nd round of my ANB event
          My un-planed 77 item, got BoM L74 with frost beam 490% early during XP Set crafting while my crafting level is very low ML30s
          I read the forum and the advise was that BoM L74 with good value still worth CT, however I still tried crafting another 55+ times but no luck. lol. That was the best from the lot (I did get L76 but it was other attribute of no use to my setup plan)

So CT#1 it is for BoM
          My CT#2 - Lily, I did get L77 with ML42 , phew!
          My main goal for this ANB is to do crafting leveling to reach ML50 which is cheaper than doing on my main hero (preparing for next ANB) but run out of time and golds at ML47
          Last edited by Poppy; 05-15-2022, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
            WarriorSeven commented
            Editing a comment
            Tough call to CT your BoM with that monster FB bonus. Generally, you avoid doing it on gears less than L75.

BUT ... in this case, your bonus more than compensates for the L74 base stats. If it was me, I would CT it and bind it to your main toon after the Event to make good use of it (farming, 5-star runs, etc.) -- until something better is crafted with superior stats -- which could be long time.

And you can always salvage your gear at a later time and at least get back 1 Celestial Essence (~ 1/3 of a CT).

• Poppy
            Poppy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your advise, I will do just that.

Hello, all. Hope everyone is enjoying the current ANB Silver Event. I have an issue I'd like to make known for the record. I am out of time for the event, but the last two push trial levels I completed (139 in under 6:00 and 141 in 7:09) don't appear to be posted to the leaderboard, so my current rank on the board shows as 79, when it should be more like 65. Doesn't make much difference now, but if I get knocked out of the top 100 because the last two pushes didn't seem to 'take', I believe that would be unfair. I am including screen captures of what I'm seeing, in hopes this can be resolved and I can get credit for what I actually did vs. what the current leaderboard is showing me.

Name:	IncorrectLB.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	211872Click image for larger version

Name:	Trial Ladder.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	211873Click image for larger version

Name:	Trial141Completed.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	211874Click image for larger version

Name:	Trial141Map.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	211875

Comment

• WarriorSeven
            WarriorSeven commented
            Editing a comment
            Typically this has been shown to be a connection issue, with even the slightest hiccup during gameplay. The normal resolution is to simply rerun the map in hopes of a faster time than what is recorded in the LB -- but since you're out of time, you're also out of luck, unfortunately.

• Apoc
            Apoc commented
            Editing a comment
            That's just sad. The 139 was earlier in the day, and during a different game session, but it still registered on my account, so later I was able to try (and succeed in) the 141. I thought for sure the second run would count, even though the first one wasn't shown. So why won't I still get credit for it? There should really be a better way to ensure players' actual progress is logged correctly. I had a good connection the whole time and never dropped in framerate or anything. Just a shame.

• Apoc
            Apoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Well... Now I see it doesn't make a difference. Even my higher push wouldn't have been in the top 100. Oh well. Fun times anyway. Just wish there was better error-correction for this glitch, because when your game/progress is saved, and you've unlocked a higher level trial, it doesn't make sense that it could somehow miss the leaderboard.

ANB is playing mind game with me.
          Got L77 GMC Staff from killing the Dragon at TL117 , with few mins left to maybe do one last push.
          It is not ephemeral item, so I can take it with me to main hero

Comment

Game over for me Hv hella of a time with TBD. Failed

Only able to perform as below:
            most exciting part:

Will I be on top 250 or 100?

4hrs somethin bf event ends
            If manage Top 100: it's a bonus. Why? Well first time at the top 100 other than a warrior

ain't that sweet

Have a nice day

​​​​​
            Attached Files
            Last edited by TheExorcist; 05-16-2022, 08:33 AM.
            Shield warrior Lover

Comment

Failed my goal(119) aswell , ow well always a next time.

Comment

Slothful Slim Silver worked out OK

695 Gems Total:

245 Character Unlock
                400 Skill Upgrade Slot
                50 Crafting Crate
                [500 Gems worth of free Season Milestone - 1 Expert + 2 Master crates]

Got lucky with crafting socketed 77/76 so I didn't spend anything on socketing for my CT transfers.
                Got a lucky mostly useful 77 weapon drop - which I didn't feel the need to reforge.

Did a few very lazy Legendary push crafts and about a half dozen push Trials

Ended up between 200 and 250 in a class I don't really play (BH) - That Molten Belt is kind of ridiculous, ain't it?

... ktb

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220516-080137.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.3 KB ID:	211912Another Arcanist experiment. Happy to see a Stormcaller in Veteran's Top-25, too.
                  Other obligations led to running out of event time with play time available.
                  Succeeded in my plan: beat my Bronze finish. This is the first time I created good gold gear for ANB. That helped fund crafting.

I prioritized Acamar and got the 77. This time, I got a decent Eridanus. Getting better at prioritizing for efficiency and fun.

Life is too short for excessive tedium, so I'm content to have fun with new builds and upgrading gear. This is my second event crafting BOM. Limited time and mats on that to avoid frustration. Made do with an Epic.

TheExorcist, Although I didn't get far with ELR, I preferred running Fire Lily mage on mobile because mobile is extremely disadvantaged for frost beam. Plus, the fire effects are fun. I still enjoy DFA on my mutant gold mage (2 ELR/2 SC/2 Arc). I've read that Stormcaller is good on mobile. I'm building one on the side...along with a Shield Warrior. Arcanist isn't a competitive build. For me, that makes it more fun than going with the crowd.

Congrats, everyone!

Mobile only, no cash spend.
                  Last edited by Raingold; 05-16-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• TheExorcist
                    TheExorcist commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Raingold: maybe I should stay put with the DFA build. as a beginner with mage and purely via mobile: i find using beam a bit difficult for me. This upcoming Gold: erm maybe just maybe purist DFA build or BH: how bout warriors? I hate warriors. Exception: full set fury (will try it much later in the future perhaps)
                    Last edited by TheExorcist; 05-17-2022, 12:33 AM.

• Raingold
                    Raingold commented
                    Editing a comment
                    TheExorcist, Sticking with DFA would give you time to get used to ELR mage without the hassle of beam/vortex not being possible on mobile. For me, repeating the same build (Arcanist) made things easier because I learned from mistakes and could build on what I practiced in previous ANB. I keep testing things. I've played with beam outside of ANB. Aiming isn't as difficult as I expected, yet timing for maintaining Beam, issues with it breaking, and managing mobs all at the same time on touch screen is a hassle compared to Fire Mage.
                    It's worth being patient with adjusting to a new hero class. Muscle memory affects speed and battle reflexes.
                    It makes sense to take a long break from Warrior. I'm doing that, too, after deleting my Main by mistake. On the happy side, my first-ever BH has reached Legendary story, and Arcanist is my new favorite, with a growing collection of Celestials. I've also been earning my first medals.
                    Playing mobile-only has challenges. There's a lot to coordinate when starting or returning to Mage. With practice, much of it becomes automatic. You're doing great.

• Raingold
                    Raingold commented
                    Editing a comment
                    BTW, TheExorcist , you might experiment with Fire Mage, returning to the Ignitor Sash.
                    I haven't given up on finding a use for Frost Beam, maybe on a future mutant mage--it simply isn't a priority because the frustrations with it on mobile tank the fun. I like efficiency. The Frost Mage too strongly favors
                    computer players to suit me. As Kristoff mentioned, familiarity takes time. Soon, with repetition, attack sequences come easily and build improvements for mobile require less time to devise.

ETA: Bojock's comment #5 is inspiring in regard to DFA's speed potential being faster than beam in high trials. https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...stion-elr-mage

Good fortune to you.
                    Last edited by Raingold; 05-17-2022, 02:26 PM.

ANB final results:

Main TL148
                  Alt TL146

If you have time, watch this video, lots of mistakes were made during the final push of my main hero. You may learn a lot watching these mistakes I made. More than an hour left without clearing a single trial. Sad, this experimental build is not worth another shot of ANB.

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/kyWX24LVaBo
                  Last edited by adolf_2003; 05-16-2022, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Played a brand new account with limited resources and virtually no crafting mastery. Still managed to reach my goals of completing all of the season rewards, finishing TL119 with 1200+CLs, taking home two CTs, and pushing crafting mastery to level 26. Not bad for just under three hours of play. Still a lot of work to make this account competitive though. I have not completed enough of the story to get more than one daily quest, and I am trying not to think about all the crafting mastery that I still need. Seems like the unlock costs for stash space are really overpriced. I just bought the second stash instead...

Name:	Genesis TL119.png
Views:	313
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	211942

Comment

Working...
                    X