Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upcoming changes

    Hometown

    A cozy town where heroes can rest, craft, and start on new adventures. The hometown enables us to de-clutter the user interface, moving various features to the hometown NPCs. It will also serve as the central hub for quest givers once the quest system is introduced (see below).

    Town Portal: heroes can navigate between their current level and the hometown using the town portal spell. The current level stays open until you start a new level, making it easier for players to explore and gather all the loot after completing the main quest in the level.

    Increased inventory size. Decluttering the user interface gives us the opportunity to greatly increase the inventory space.

    Beta ETA: 4-6 weeks

    Act IV

    A whole new act continuing the story in Eternium. You will encounter two new species of monsters and two brand new challenging bosses.

    And no, there will not be a level cap increase :>

    Beta ETA: 4 weeks

    Quest System

    Heroes will now be able to discover the story and universe of Eternium by completing quests.
    This will be a proper quest system, including quest givers and a more varied set of goals and rewards. Quests are also a good way to enrich the story, an area in dire need of development.
    There will be an overarching main quest line guiding the heroes through the story of Eternium.
    We’ll also have side quests, and some of those will be repeatable on a daily basis.

    ETA: Soon after hometown and act IV goes live.

    Balancing Patch

    We have a balancing patch under development aimed at increasing the play-style variety.
    • New set items & unique items for all hero classes
    • Underused abilities have been revamped or buffed up
    • New abilities for heroes
    • Existing set items have had their set bonuses buffed or changed to make them more desirable
    We’ll release a comprehensive change list before going in beta.

    ETA: 2-4 weeks after Act IV

    Crafting System

    We have a new crafting system under development, based on recipes and crafting ingredients. You will be able to shard items you don’t plan to use into crafting materials and reagents, and use those to craft brand new items. You’ll also have greater agency in terms of choosing the final crafting result. Jewelcrafting will also be included into the new crafting system, and revamped to greatly reduce the grinding involved.

    ETA: 2-3 weeks after Balancing Patch

    Hero Graphics Revamp & Cosmetic Items

    We feel that the current hero graphics is a bit obsolete. To address that we are currently redoing their graphics to bring it up to date.
    On the same page we also want to give players a higher degree of cosmetic customization:
    • Customizing your hero looks (hairstyle / face / etc)
    • Purely cosmetic items, enabling users to customize how their gear looks like
    • Dyeing your items

    Multiplayer

    We still want to have multiplayer in Eternium: cooperative and PvP. Unfortunately we have diverted our efforts towards other, easier to reach, goals so far. But we’ll get back to it as soon as the new crafting system is released.

    New hero class - Spirit Walker

    The spirit walker will be developed probably in parallel with multiplayer and launched at about the same time. No particular details at the moment, we'll reveal more details as soon as we have an internal playable prototype.

    Act V

    The level designers have already started producing levels for the fifth act.
    They have also re-done the not so good looking levels from the first three acts, we’ll released that polished content as soon as we get some breathing room.

    Stay tuned and enjoy this sneak peek into how the heroes will look like
    Click image for larger version

Name:	full_armor_test_03.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	105077
    Attached Files

  • #2
    OMGZ!!!
    Everything there was great....

    except where you said soon on one of them...ugh...
    But i'm excited and so happy to know you guys have soooo much coming out in just about a month. Those are major changes and reworks. Close to a whole GAME....

    Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
    Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
    see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
    and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

    Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

    Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

    If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
    It's my tablet, I'm sorry

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
      OMGZ!!!
      Everything there was great....

      except where you said soon on one of them...ugh...
      But i'm excited and so happy to know you guys have soooo much coming out in just about a month. Those are major changes and reworks. Close to a whole GAME....
      Such optimism..xD..
      anyway.. When is your game launching
      Total slaughter........total slaughter
      I won't leave a single monster alive...
      La De da De die........ Genocide
      La De da De dud....... An ocean of blood....

      Let's start ....the killing..

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the update. Now maybe the trolls will calm down.
        Dyoma Crown
        Dyoma Crown Total: 346

        Mage: 118
        Warrior (DW): 115
        BH: 113

        Warrior (SW): 112

        Comment


        • #5
          I almost died after reading that you are adding something > quests < to the story. Thats just amazing.

          Comment


          • #6
            Awesome news!Thanks for the effort to keep us informed!Became heartbeating till reading it .Hope everything will be released as planned.
            ANB 1 - 78th.warrior/Trial 94/ hero name Unreal
            ANB 2 - 48th.warrior/Trial 98/ hero name Tazar
            ANB 3 - 37th.warrior/Trial 102/hero name Nomercy
            played only on mobile without purchases
            VAMA CODI HEFE 5256

            Comment


            • #7
              Much appreciated, thanks Adrian (Developer).

              My sole concern with the Hometown UI (I repeat myself but this is really important for me) is that the present quick-to-action UI gets hindered by the Town Portal mechanism. For example, right now, if I have 4minutes free I can start Eternium, choose hero, go to Trials, farm a Trial, sell the loot. Everything in this sequence other than the trial itself takes me 5 seconds at the most (maybe 10 with loading time).

              How are you ensuring that this kind of "short play session" won't get hampered by the new (?) gear buyer NPC (??) and the need to "physically travel" to him?

              I can understand if you are addressing this by the increased inventory size (if sufficiently increased), to dilute the overhead over a sequence of some Trials. Is that it?

              Comment


              • #8
                At last, maybe they're looking into the ideas being given and shared in the forums at least, maybe through Travis. Not like I or we are claiming that the ideas came from us but pretty much all these things being announced have been already discussed in 1 or more threads of multiple types. Great to see the updates. Now, since everything is ETA, we do hope that if you guys are giving such ETA's it's a very good tactic to put WAY LONGER ETA OR END GOAL DATES so that everyone will be glad if you finish everything before the goal rather than raging or being pissed off and complain again because they went past the time frame given.\

                And oh? Edit, why are you scared of losing players due to level cap increase? Just put a resolution to the items. Allow level up increase, which can be good but make sure all the level 70 items will immediately be converted into 80 cap counterparts so everyone won't quit as they have to repeat the grind.

                Oh, it's too late as well for a level cap increase. You might then make use of CL milestones from 500 to 1000, 1500-2000 and so on to be able to equip, get a skill, or do something unique for those who grind, giving more value why people have to grind CL's and get busy while you all make updates available.
                Last edited by Suzy.Bae; 06-20-2018, 01:41 PM.
                Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

                Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

                Warrior: Asuna

                FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                  Much appreciated, thanks Adrian (Developer).

                  My sole concern with the Hometown UI (I repeat myself but this is really important for me) is that the present quick-to-action UI gets hindered by the Town Portal mechanism. For example, right now, if I have 4minutes free I can start Eternium, choose hero, go to Trials, farm a Trial, sell the loot. Everything in this sequence other than the trial itself takes me 5 seconds at the most (maybe 10 with loading time).

                  How are you ensuring that this kind of "short play session" won't get hampered by the new (?) gear buyer NPC (??) and the need to "physically travel" to him?

                  I can understand if you are addressing this by the increased inventory size (if sufficiently increased), to dilute the overhead over a sequence of some Trials. Is that it?
                  Indeed, we've kept that in mind, and the travel time to NPCs is minimal, the town is quite small and you can easily access the main adventure pathways.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Suzy.Bae View Post
                    At last, maybe they're looking into the ideas being given and shared in the forums at least, maybe through Travis. Not like I or we are claiming that the ideas came from us but pretty much all these things being announced have been already discussed in 1 or more threads of multiple types. Great to see the updates. Now, since everything is ETA, we do hope that if you guys are giving such ETA's it's a very good tactic to put WAY LONGER ETA OR END GOAL DATES so that everyone will be glad if you finish everything before the goal rather than raging or being pissed off and complain again because they went past the time frame given.\

                    And oh? Edit, why are you scared of losing players due to level cap increase? Just put a resolution to the items. Allow level up increase, which can be good but make sure all the level 70 items will immediately be converted into 80 cap counterparts so everyone won't quit as they have to repeat the grind.

                    Oh, it's too late as well for a level cap increase. You might then make use of CL milestones from 500 to 1000, 1500-2000 and so on to be able to equip, get a skill, or do something unique for those who grind, giving more value why people have to grind CL's and get busy while you all make updates available.
                    That's one of the reason we avoid to give ETAs usually. They are beta ETAs anyway, gives us the leeway to polish anything before going live.

                    Raising the level cap will render some items earned with hard work obsolete, we prefer to avoid that. If we'll raise the level cap in the future, yeah, we'll have some system in place to allow players to upgrade some of their items.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post

                      That's one of the reason we avoid to give ETAs usually. They are beta ETAs anyway, gives us the leeway to polish anything before going live.

                      Raising the level cap will render some items earned with hard work obsolete, we prefer to avoid that. If we'll raise the level cap in the future, yeah, we'll have some system in place to allow players to upgrade some of their items.
                      This is pretty much how everyone likes it. A one day or at least few hours every few weeks or once a month update! Thanks for this one. Although I kinda wish the balancing patch can come earlier since many aren't using the custom boxes because of being scared. ROFL

                      Nonetheless, I gotta say this is why I'm keeping this game in my phone despite what they say.
                      Last edited by Suzy.Bae; 06-29-2018, 01:50 AM.
                      Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

                      Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

                      Warrior: Asuna

                      FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Beelzebub View Post

                        Such optimism..xD..
                        anyway.. When is your game launching
                        2-4 years?
                        actually bit surprised how fast some of the things are finally coming together....i believe level design and monsters (specifically animations) is what will slow me down the most.
                        Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                        Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                        see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                        and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

                        Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

                        Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

                        If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                        It's my tablet, I'm sorry

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Adrian (Developer) , if it's not too much to ask... where would you presently see the next ANB fitting in, assuming the sequence you described?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            From the timeline it sounds like you’ll start looking at multiplayer in 10-13 weeks? Hasn’t multiplayer ‘been in the works’ for years?
                            CL1625+
                            Anarchos Warrior T106
                            Sohcrana Bounty Hunter T106
                            Anarchos Mage T101

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by seth.underwood View Post
                              From the timeline it sounds like you’ll start looking at multiplayer in 10-13 weeks? Hasn’t multiplayer ‘been in the works’ for years?
                              Not start, resume. Adrian clearly says "we'll get back to it after ..."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X