No announcement yet.

Massive Ban Wave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately, the implication from some Forum and Discord posts is that the administrators condone all of the inappropriate "gaming" of the program. I suspect that is not the case.

Look at the developer's efforts made to improve balance and playability among platforms, the new gears, ANBs and award system. Obviously efforts are being made to improve the game for the player base. Imagine if those same limited resources were used for ALL of the current inappropriate activity to be disallowed (players banned, gear and rewards removed) and the improvements to the leaderboards. So then the developers announce that "the following activities..." will result in banning, etc.

Now move forward some period of time, even a week, "honest" players will have now moved to the top, based on their skill and experience, etc. Should we believe that no one will have any focus to see their hero move to top? Probably not, greed, recognition, etc. are part of human nature. This is like a challenge to some folks, creating new identities, new exploits, etc.

It is important for free exchange of information to occur among us all, but my personal belief is that the developers' choice to not address each set of exploit publicly, is a strategic decision, not an effort to ignore our observations or complaint.

Of course, I could be wrong, but this is my honest observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
      Unfortunately, the implication from some Forum and Discord posts is that the administrators condone all of the inappropriate "gaming" of the program. I suspect that is not the case.

Look at the developer's efforts made to improve balance and playability among platforms, the new gears, ANBs and award system. Obviously efforts are being made to improve the game for the player base. Imagine if those same limited resources were used for ALL of the current inappropriate activity to be disallowed (players banned, gear and rewards removed) and the improvements to the leaderboards. So then the developers announce that "the following activities..." will result in banning, etc.

Now move forward some period of time, even a week, "honest" players will have now moved to the top, based on their skill and experience, etc. Should we believe that no one will have any focus to see their hero move to top? Probably not, greed, recognition, etc. are part of human nature. This is like a challenge to some folks, creating new identities, new exploits, etc.

It is important for free exchange of information to occur among us all, but my personal belief is that the developers' choice to not address each set of exploit publicly, is a strategic decision, not an effort to ignore our observations or complaint.

Of course, I could be wrong, but this is my honest observation.
      Exploits have been reported over a year ago. the extreme exploit abuse and specific exploiters have been reported again in March 2019. Since then, they keep running these competitive events with half baked fixes and without any measures taken against the people abusing the system. developers are definitely not taking action.

Comment

• Exploits have been used since the beginning of this and virtually every other online game...

Folks who use these techniques abuse every online or even offline system. This is nothing new to our world, nor to the Eternium developers!

Your perception that NO action has been or is taking place is your opinion, unless you have personal, direct communication with the programmers and administrators. If you read through all of the messages posted here, you will see that actions against abuse and abusers takes place all the time.

You should also be aware that the highest priority for the development team is to move Eternium to a different game platform, rather than using those same resources to continually patch this obviously ailing version.

Maybe it would be less stressful to avoid playing this frustrating game until all of your concerns are addressed.

Comment

Exploits have been used since the beginning of this and virtually every other online game...

Folks who use these techniques abuse every online or even offline system. This is nothing new to our world, nor to the Eternium developers!

Your perception that NO action has been or is taking place is your opinion, unless you have personal, direct communication with the programmers and administrators. If you read through all of the messages posted here, you will see that actions against abuse and abusers takes place all the time.

You should also be aware that the highest priority for the development team is to move Eternium to a different game platform, rather than using those same resources to continually patch this obviously ailing version.

Maybe it would be less stressful to avoid playing this frustrating game until all of your concerns are addressed.
          my problem is that they keep doing events where people spend their money to compete with tons of cheaters. any decent person wouldn't keep doing these events under the mentioned circumstances.

Comment

• Thanks, I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts! Ultimately, the message to us all should be don't waste real money right now, as you will never surpass the current abusive players.

Of course, as the developers still do want to achieve a revenue stream, I would expect that they will take all of this into account when Eternium is programmed for the new gaming platform.

Comment

^This^

Comment

• Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me a bazillion times...

Actions have indeed been taken, but the same group of players keep avoiding them smh. I always advocate for the devs in Eternium, because they have always delivered, but I know of players who have whaled events and have barely made it to the top10, mostly kicked by a K or C player. And I'm talking about experienced players which naively thought it was fair competition.

The fact is, there is a certain individual who has been two-facing this community as well as the devs, feeding us enough to not seem suspicious. Once the scheme was discovered, he hasn't showed up here to defend himself. Au-contraire, he has locked the forum he administrates for fear to reprisal due to his continued activities.

Bear in mind that we're not accusing the devs of anything (I believe they feel as fooled as we did when we found out), but now is time to take action. Perhaps the port to Unreal Engine fixes all these issues, two birds with a stone in that case.
                Last edited by hades0505; 06-27-2019, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me a bazillion times...

Actions have indeed been taken, but the same group of players keep avoiding them smh. I always advocate for the devs in Eternium, because they have always delivered, but I know of players who have whaled events and have barely made it to the top10, mostly kicked by a K or C player. And I'm talking about experienced players which naively thought it was fair competition.

The fact is, there is a certain individual who has been two-facing this community as well as the devs, feeding us enough to not seem suspicious. Once the scheme was discovered, he hasn't showed up here to defend himself. Au-contraire, he has locked the forum he administrates for fear to reprisal due to his continued activities.

Bear in mind that we're not accusing the devs of anything (I believe they feel as fooled as we did when we found ouy), but now is time to take action. Perhaps the port to Unreal Engine fixes all these issues, two birds with a stone in that case.
                  Wait, you talking about Wllly? Certainly not...
                  Dyoma Crown
                  Dyoma Crown Total: 404

Mage: 140
                  Warrior (SW): 138
                  BH: 126

Warrior (DW): 125

Comment

• Originally posted by orion_134 View Post

Wait, you talking about Wllly? Certainly not...
                    LOL

Comment

• Who knows, maybe by the time I get good enough to be able to push to T100 in 3 hours they will have weeded out the "gamers" and I will have a shot at upper end of LB, or at least a medal. Until then I'll continue to plug away at improving gear and skills, because if I think too much about what I've learned here I may say screw it and look for another game where gaming the game is not . . . overlooked. Or so it would seem based on many of the recent posts in this thread.
                      Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
                      Ravenstar - BH (Assault), T100+
                      Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
                      Greystone - BH (Assault, Au/Xp miner), T100+
                      Rageon - Warrior (Jugg), T100+

Comment

Working...
                      X