Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massive Ban Wave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks to everyone who expressed objective and adequate thoughts and words. This is a game, and we enjoy it. We do not have to prove anything to anyone. I feel sorry for those players for whom descending to low positions makes them sad or even angry.
    And I feel sorry that this topic exists. This is the obvious fault of devs who are unable or unwilling to solve the problem of protecting the game from hackers. Because of this, we begin to suspect top players in unclean hands.
    A good game should bring people together, and not sow hate between them.
    Admin of the largest russian-speaking Eternium community (5400+ m.)
    Live dinosaur of M&M/Eternium. Only Android play more than 3 years.
    Long Live Rock'n'Roll !!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Wllly View Post

      If you have time to write something here, why don’t you try it by yourself and then say something. I wonder you can even approach TL 125. Let’s talk about this again when you can do that. Don’t forget, he did not use celestial items.
      If you have the time to write something here, why don't you try trial 122 before the Act 4 update and then say something. I wonder you can even approach TL 122. Let's talk about this again when you can do that. Don't forget, I did it with less damage and zero exploits on celestial items and 3 missing sockets/less CL.

      Do you see your very flawed logic? I did not call you out before this ever to complete a trial before you had any say in anything. Why do you say "do this or you can't speak" when clearly I have already made a name for myself and I do not feel the need to prove myself further or waste my time (that I could spend doing something I enjoy with friends) completing trials where there is no reward. I am done with this topic and all respect has been lost for you as a player. Congratulations Nekromant for your accomplishments and sorry you have to face this. Best wishes to you if what you said on Discord happens.
      Last edited by Purple Potato; 01-06-2019, 06:30 PM.
      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

      Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

      Click here to see my gameplay videos.

      Comment


      • Guys. As one of the participants, I call for calm. There was a lot of words, it was voiced a lot of thoughts and reasoning. Let's not escalate the situation. I think everyone has made some conclusions for themselves. I didn't want this dispute to get heated. And I apologize if I inadvertently offended anyone. But further disputes won't get any better. Do not forget that the game was created for fun. And all our differences will be resolved in time. At least, I hope so. With respect, your Nekro.
        Mage. Just a mage.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

          If you have the time to write something here, why don't you try trial 122 before the Act 4 update and then say something. I wonder you can even approach TL 122. Let's talk about this again when you can do that. Don't forget, I did it with less damage and zero exploits on celestial items and 3 missing sockets/less CL.

          Do you see your very flawed logic? I did not call you out before this ever to complete a trial before you had any say in anything. Why do you say "do this or you can't speak" when clearly I have already made a name for myself and I do not feel the need to prove myself further or waste my time (that I could spend doing something I enjoy with friends) completing trials where there is no reward. I am done with this topic and all respect has been lost for you as a player. Congratulations Nekromant for your accomplishments and sorry you have to face this. Best wishes to you if what you said on Discord happens.
          Maybe you don’t remember what happened last couple of months. I updated for a long time ago when the beta version first released and you were staying in a safe zone. The reason you can have fun with recent version is people like me tested and reported whole bunch of bugs.
          So, your logic is let me go back to the past and do what you did. Right? I’m personally a fan of “back to the future” but I’m not living in the fantasy. Truely, I wish I could go back.

          Comment


          • They need to shut this thread down.

            Comment


            • Talking about abnormally high CL, I’ve seen people from other forums discussing using some keyboard command software farming EXP, they just leave their PCs on and the software will make their heros farm EXP automatically. It might be very difficult to detect them since they can do it offline, and making this game a full online game might lead to some degrees of player lost.

              Edit: spelling and grammar errors
              Last edited by AimEoN; 01-08-2019, 10:31 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NachoJoe View Post
                They need to shut this thread down.
                I'm actually impressed with the behavior of those involved. Though heated at times, the conversation remained somewhat civil (no name calling, no profanity, etc.). Kudos.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                  I'm actually impressed with the behavior of those involved. Though heated at times, the conversation remained somewhat civil (no name calling, no profanity, etc.). Kudos.
                  +1 to this.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NachoJoe View Post
                    They need to shut this thread down.
                    -1 (disagree)

                    Healthy discussion. Needs to occur to keep the top levels of competition "clean".
                    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bart the warrior View Post
                      This is the obvious fault of devs who are unable or unwilling to solve the problem of protecting the game from hackers.
                      I won't go into the details of the discussion, as I have been absent from Discord lately, but the above comment shows complete lack of understanding of how software works and what's involved in software development and maintenance.

                      To put it simply: there has never, ever been software that was released perfect in its first version, with no need for fixes/patches/updates. EVER. This game was created and is maintained by a team of 4? 5? developers. Microsoft's team of developers and engineers is thousands of times bigger than the team that maintains Eternium. Yet they follow the same principles, methods, workflow as any software developer. And of course, they face the same challenges, because this is how software development works.

                      You write a new piece of code, Eternium's Act4 (or a new feature in Microsoft Excel, same principle). A team of 5 people work on it and test it again and again and after 10 or 75 or 250 revisions, they have ironed out any issues that they encountered.
                      Then, it's released to a wider audience for beta testing; sometimes you can get 100 people to volunteer, other times you only get 30. More stress on the software, more bugs discovered. More work for the developers, more revisions, more hours spent on keyboard resolving issues.
                      Then, it goes live and it's put to the test by the widest possible audience: everyone playing the game. With a ton of bugs already fixed, it's only when you have 1000s of people opening all the chests, killing mobs in every possible combination, walking to the most remote corners of each area, that more bugs are discovered. More work for the developers and life goes on.

                      And a year later, when everything is considered fixed, they introduce a new feature, something small like opening and closing doors in dungeons and something breaks in Act4; in that piece of code that has been used by thousands of players without issues for a year. Because this is how software works: just like real life.

                      Saying that a developer is unable to make code that doesn't break, makes you sound as clueless as the grandma who asks her IT relative to fix her microwave "because it has a screen and buttons, therefore it must be in your field of expertise".
                      I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Chosen View Post
                        I won't go into the details of the discussion, as I have been absent from Discord lately, but the above comment shows complete lack of understanding of how software works and what's involved in software development and maintenance.

                        To put it simply: there has never, ever been software that was released perfect in its first version, with no need for fixes/patches/updates. EVER. This game was created and is maintained by a team of 4? 5? developers. Microsoft's team of developers and engineers is thousands of times bigger than the team that maintains Eternium. Yet they follow the same principles, methods, workflow as any software developer. And of course, they face the same challenges, because this is how software development works.

                        You write a new piece of code, Eternium's Act4 (or a new feature in Microsoft Excel, same principle). A team of 5 people work on it and test it again and again and after 10 or 75 or 250 revisions, they have ironed out any issues that they encountered.
                        Then, it's released to a wider audience for beta testing; sometimes you can get 100 people to volunteer, other times you only get 30. More stress on the software, more bugs discovered. More work for the developers, more revisions, more hours spent on keyboard resolving issues.
                        Then, it goes live and it's put to the test by the widest possible audience: everyone playing the game. With a ton of bugs already fixed, it's only when you have 1000s of people opening all the chests, killing mobs in every possible combination, walking to the most remote corners of each area, that more bugs are discovered. More work for the developers and life goes on.

                        And a year later, when everything is considered fixed, they introduce a new feature, something small like opening and closing doors in dungeons and something breaks in Act4; in that piece of code that has been used by thousands of players without issues for a year. Because this is how software works: just like real life.

                        Saying that a developer is unable to make code that doesn't break, makes you sound as clueless as the grandma who asks her IT relative to fix her microwave "because it has a screen and buttons, therefore it must be in your field of expertise".
                        While I disagree partly with what Chosen is expressing here - software seems to be the *only* field where it is deemed "OK" to have bugs -> why?? All other developed products - cars, phones, washing machines, tv sets, etc. are put on to similarly wider audiences, and have pretty much a zero fault tolerance from the consumer market, yet software gets by with post-release patches??, I am reminded of a recent colleague's joke concerning the difficulties of developing "bug free" products:

                        "A QA engineer walks into a bar. Orders a beer. Orders 0 beers. Orders 99999999999 beers. Orders a lizard. Orders -1 beers. Orders a ueicbksjdhd.

                        First real customer walks in and asks where the bathroom is. The bar bursts into flames, killing everyone."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                          software seems to be the *only* field where it is deemed "OK" to have bugs -> why?? All other developed products - cars, phones, washing machines, tv sets, etc. are put on to similarly wider audiences, and have pretty much a zero fault tolerance from the consumer market, yet software gets by with post-release patches??, I am reminded of a recent colleague's joke concerning the difficulties of developing "bug free" products
                          The difference is that it is much simpler (not easy) to design a phone than it is to design, produce, perfect a line of code that can be broken by something seemingly unrelated to it. I am not studied much in coding, but if you move a piece/connecting piece of an engine, there's only so many things that could change because of it. If you change/add a piece of code, it could change something that is on the 'other side of the car'.
                          Maybe I am just spouting nonsense but to me it makes sense (even if the examples are faulty).
                          Another thing is that a car can (usually) be fixed by driving it to the nearest mechanic shop. The only way to 'fix' a bug is to figure out what causes it and then write code to patch the issue. Some products have open source so this can be done by anyone with experience and knowledge, but in a game usually it is just the people writing the code (not sure what exactly that is called, programmer I guess?).
                          ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                          ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

                          Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                          Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

                          Click here to see my gameplay videos.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

                            While I disagree partly with what Chosen is expressing here - software seems to be the *only* field where it is deemed "OK" to have bugs -> why?? All other developed products - cars, phones, washing machines, tv sets, etc. are put on to similarly wider audiences, and have pretty much a zero fault tolerance from the consumer market, yet software gets by with post-release patches??, I am reminded of a recent colleague's joke concerning the difficulties of developing "bug free" products:
                            All products require "patches" (maintenance), of course. How often do car manufacturers do recalls? 400 million vehicles have been recalled in the US alone in the last 50 years. Toyota casually recalled 2 million cars in 1 month for fire risk and air bag issues and Ford another 2 million in 1 month again for fire risk and air bag issues. That's 4 million bugs by only 2 car manufacturers, in 1 country, in the last 90 days. Is this not the equivalent of bugs found post release? Does "Zero fault tolerance" mean that 4 million people will get a refund this month? Of course not, it's patch time!
                            And I am not even going to say anything about the necessary car service.

                            If anything, software carries a bigger stigma, because it's code and not a physical thing and so there is always the mentality "I didn't change anything, why did it break? Why does it need updating, there's no wear & tear in software?"
                            Also, what tato said:
                            Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
                            The difference is that it is much simpler (not easy) to design a phone than it is to design, produce, perfect a line of code that can be broken by something seemingly unrelated to it.
                            Hardware is fixed; when Apple makes a phone, they put a screen on a digitizer and they say "you talk to him and you only take input from him" and that's the beginning and the end of this collaboration (simplified AF).
                            When a team of 5 people need to write a piece of code that will have to fulfill an endless list of criteria, from compatibility with thousands of different hardware combinations (current AND future) in 3 different main platforms, to the requirements of Apple's and Google's shops and the wants of the customers ("We want Act4!", "We want crafting!", "We NEED multiplayer!"), the possibility is more than likely there will be bugs.
                            It would take a disproportionately large dev team and a much, much longer wait in order to get a new feature without bugs. And whether we like it or not, it's a piece of code meant to be enjoyed while pooping or lying in bed, so realistically speaking we cannot expect it to have the budget that software that sends human lives in space gets
                            I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Chosen View Post
                              I won't go into the details of the discussion, as I have been absent from Discord lately, but the above comment shows complete lack of understanding of how software works and what's involved in software development and maintenance.

                              To put it simply: there has never, ever been software that was released perfect in its first version, with no need for fixes/patches/updates. EVER. This game was created and is maintained by a team of 4? 5? developers. Microsoft's team of developers and engineers is thousands of times bigger than the team that maintains Eternium. Yet they follow the same principles, methods, workflow as any software developer. And of course, they face the same challenges, because this is how software development works.

                              You write a new piece of code, Eternium's Act4 (or a new feature in Microsoft Excel, same principle). A team of 5 people work on it and test it again and again and after 10 or 75 or 250 revisions, they have ironed out any issues that they encountered.
                              Then, it's released to a wider audience for beta testing; sometimes you can get 100 people to volunteer, other times you only get 30. More stress on the software, more bugs discovered. More work for the developers, more revisions, more hours spent on keyboard resolving issues.
                              Then, it goes live and it's put to the test by the widest possible audience: everyone playing the game. With a ton of bugs already fixed, it's only when you have 1000s of people opening all the chests, killing mobs in every possible combination, walking to the most remote corners of each area, that more bugs are discovered. More work for the developers and life goes on.

                              And a year later, when everything is considered fixed, they introduce a new feature, something small like opening and closing doors in dungeons and something breaks in Act4; in that piece of code that has been used by thousands of players without issues for a year. Because this is how software works: just like real life.

                              Saying that a developer is unable to make code that doesn't break, makes you sound as clueless as the grandma who asks her IT relative to fix her microwave "because it has a screen and buttons, therefore it must be in your field of expertise".
                              Hi there. Listen, bro, maybe you're not quite aware. I in the game for more than 3 years. I have seen and see how the game (the game, the content) are improving.
                              But at the same time, I see the protective barriers deteriorating. I see how people with 2500+ CL are sitting in live LB for several months. We in Russia have a website for users of mobile devices. It looks like a Mega-Forum. There, in the files for the Eternium game, there is still a script that allows you to play with impunity and be in the live LB whith absurd CL (for sure, in this script a lot of things you can hack in the game). And downloads of this script about 20,000 times (correction, now about 70,000 times). Scripts can easily be used on devices whith root-rights.

                              And I want to remind that in our community we brutally and without trial give a ban to any member for the slightest mention of hacking the game.
                              Last edited by Bart the warrior; 01-10-2019, 10:05 AM.
                              Admin of the largest russian-speaking Eternium community (5400+ m.)
                              Live dinosaur of M&M/Eternium. Only Android play more than 3 years.
                              Long Live Rock'n'Roll !!!

                              Comment


                              • Why do you still allow that script to exist on your forum?
                                Dyoma Crown
                                Dyoma Crown Total: 346

                                Mage: 118
                                Warrior (DW): 115
                                BH: 113

                                Warrior (SW): 112

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X