Massive Ban Wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
    Why do you still allow that script to exist on your forum?
    There is not even a mention of this in our community. He is talking about some other resource. I think it's about one of the sites dedicated to hacking different games. Such, unfortunately, is not only in runet.

Last edited by Nekromant; 01-10-2019, 06:00 AM.
    Left the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
      Why do you still allow that script to exist on your forum?
      Hi there. Bro, our community is on the Vk.com social network platform. And I talked about a completely different site, which is more like a mixture of different forums and file hosting sites. That site exists for users of mobile devices.
      Admin of the largest russian-speaking Eternium community (5700+ m.)
      Live dinosaur of M&M/Eternium. Only Android play more than 3 years.
      Nekromant - honest and decent player !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

While I disagree partly with what Chosen is expressing here - software seems to be the *only* field where it is deemed "OK" to have bugs -> why?? All other developed products - cars, phones, washing machines, tv sets, etc. are put on to similarly wider audiences, and have pretty much a zero fault tolerance from the consumer market, yet software gets by with post-release patches??, I am reminded of a recent colleague's joke concerning the difficulties of developing "bug free" products:

"A QA engineer walks into a bar. Orders a beer. Orders 0 beers. Orders 99999999999 beers. Orders a lizard. Orders -1 beers. Orders a ueicbksjdhd.

First real customer walks in and asks where the bathroom is. The bar bursts into flames, killing everyone."
        Just my thoughts:

Your example speaks of the limited resources which are allowed to test software before release. (That assumes that the appropriate development resources were spent to minimize the remaining bugs, however that rarely happens.)

Your example of commercially-developed hardware products with zero fault tolerance is fine for mechanical devices. (But, look at the firmware updates required for the processors installed in the newer cars, phones, washing machines, TVs, etc.) Mechanical parts are "easier" to design with existing software tools. Such systems check mechanical designs in 3-D, as assembled, and identify the tolerance issues. Adjustments can then be made to the CNC machines which actually machine the individual parts to the required tolerances.

The concepts used for hardware really does not exist for the creating of software. That is the function of external Beta testing, typically 100s of person-hours of time. The cadre of Beta-testers is typically representative of the demographics of the normal game player population, from short timers to experts.

Their resulting "reports" are then validated into a hit list, which is then prioritized based on "impact to users", available developer and testing resources and a number of other factors. Items are removed from the hit list gradually as the code is changed and tested to be sure that there is no effect on other functions.

Ongoing bug reports are added to the Development hit list based on reports that show up on Forums like this. It is a continuous loop.

Considering that the BULK of these functions are either voluntary or paid at an extremely low rate, it is easy to understand that the commercial hardware market, producing millions of individual purchased copies, will be different than the lower-volume development of inexpensive computer applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart the warrior View Post
          Hi there. Listen, bro, maybe you're not quite aware. I in the game for more than 3 years. I have seen and see how the game (the game, the content) are improving.
          But at the same time, I see the protective barriers deteriorating. I see how people with 2500+ CL are sitting in live LB for several months. We in Russia have a website for users of mobile devices. It looks like a Mega-Forum. There, in the files for the Eternium game, there is still a script that allows you to play with impunity and be in the live LB whith absurd CL (for sure, in this script a lot of things you can hack in the game). And downloads of this script about 20,000 times (correction, now about 70,000 times). Scripts can easily be used on devices whith root-rights.

And I want to remind that in our community we brutally and without trial give a ban to any member for the slightest mention of hacking the game.
          I wouldn't really call it "deteriorating" - more of "exposing previously unhandled" issues. Before Leaderboard were released, players have no idea where others are at, which means there could have, and most definitely were, people hacking the game and getting away with it. It's just more visible now that everyone is on the leaderboard.

And there in lies the biggest difference between software and hardware - there are so many more ways you can "interfere" with a piece of software than you can for hardware. Software runs in memory, and is exposed to the anything that can snoop on those memory addresses and even the compiled code, changing the behaviour and/or values of things while it is running. Using a car as a comparison, it'll be like someone going and reconnect your brake to the accelerator, so when you press brake your car end up accelerating instead. But yeah, they'll need physical access to your car in order to do that, getting access to the software's files is so much easier, since it's installed on your device/PC.

Due to the relatively small development team, you're going to have to accept a number of issues, since the "catch all the cheaters/hackers" will require a fair amount of development work, which means that will be the ONLY thing the team will be working on for the unforeseeable future, no new features, no bug fixes, simply heads down brainstorming "how else can someone break this thing" and then patching that issue. (I'm pretty much known as the "paranoid guy" at my work, since tend I come up with those "what if" scenarios and cause more work for myself, haha)

Edit:
          Please note that I'm not suggesting that the "catch the cheaters/hackers" work not be done at all, since that's clearly wrong as well. It's just that it'll be spread out among all of the other new features and bug fixes work, and prioritised accordingly. Some of the obvious cheaters are exactly that, they're very obvious, even to us players. So having a XXXXX million CL char at the #1 spot for a long time doesn't affect your gameplay and "ranking" in any way - we all know that person's cheating, so simply ignore it and "move" every one else up a spot.

ANB is another issue, due to the rank related rewards, which is why the dev team takes their time to run through and check before sending out the reward. Which also means that running an ANB event means an interruption to development work, since they'll need to have active checks for cheaters during and another full check at the end of the event.

Again, the usual disclaimer apply: everything written is purely based on my own understand of things and my assumptions of how things work with the game.

Edit 2:

Just wanted to add: taking things from another perspective, I don't think anybody expects car manufacturers to come up with a way to prevent the hypothetical "someone switched the brake and accelerator" issue, but people so expect software developers to prevent hacks/cheats in their programs...
          Last edited by Nhat; 01-11-2019, 01:34 AM.
          Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

• I do not quite agree with your opinion. Software is always hacked, but when it is isolated instances it does not pose a threat. At the moment when hacking becomes available to everyone, it begins to pose a threat to the product. The first is the loss of potential donat. Why pay, even a small amount, if you can have everything at the touch of a button?
            King of Android play
            NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyoma View Post
              I do not quite agree with your opinion. Software is always hacked, but when it is isolated instances it does not pose a threat. At the moment when hacking becomes available to everyone, it begins to pose a threat to the product. The first is the loss of potential donat. Why pay, even a small amount, if you can have everything at the touch of a button?
              ...and then why would you play this GAME? Where is the concept of challenging yourself and learning in order to solve the issues? (I know this is rhetorical, but I am sure that it is a thought rummaging through the minds of many.)

Comment

• Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

...and then why would you play this GAME? Where is the concept of challenging yourself and learning in order to solve the issues? (I know this is rhetorical, but I am sure that it is a thought rummaging through the minds of many.)
                I don't play
                https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...a-stop-to-play
                King of Android play
                NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

• That is the normal way of things. People always take advantage of weaknesses and exploits it.

I develop systems too, and in a way can call myself a programmer. Simple systems that aims to make other's lives easier. Like game developers that aim to make other peoples lives less boring. I create those systems in a platform users can't have access to because we are bound by corporate rules.

Game developers are another story, a lot have access to platforms they use. Of course if you're a game developer, you would wonder why this game maintained 4.8 rating and then check the game and then find a way how it is done. You'll be curious about its success and then finally found a way to decode it. Some do that to learn but then again, going back to my first statement, some people will exploit it. And there is competition, then there is envy. I don't want to play by the rules mindset.

When I started playing this game like 8 months ago, I liked it because it doesn't have all the shitty things I hate on mobile games (ads, p2w and the like) and I really like RPG. And the community is healthy. I will agree with Travis that it is impressive that there are a lot of heated discussions but no profanity or whatsoever (applause).

So let us help our developers preserve this. Yes it is not perfect but you wouldn't come across another one like it for sure.
                  Retired Mobile Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Nhat View Post

I'm pretty much known as the "paranoid guy" at my work, since tend I come up with those "what if" scenarios and cause more work for myself
                    Well yeah, it doesn't show on all the good guides you've made so far...
                    Retired Mobile Player

Comment

• I wanted this user to be penalized ...
                      Two weeks later, there is no response.

Massive Ban Wave ..
                      Does it work well ??
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	mayagold.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	129651

Name:	mayagold.png
Views:	495
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	129652

Comment

• The event is good, though ..
                        Basically ... please discipline users who abuse the game system.
                        Beware of hackers.

Name:	Inked캡처_2019_03_10_21_11_48_840_LI.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	129674

Comment

• Fact I think they will be banned when the LB's work correctly again. Should be tomorrow
                          left the game

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                            Fact I think they will be banned when the LB's work correctly again. Should be tomorrow
                            There was a mention that LB will work again tomorrow?
                            Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
                            Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

• I look on the leader board and I this:

23 millions with champion level 2013? Does that work at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanctum View Post

There was a mention that LB will work again tomorrow?
                                Yes. Travis said Thant the LB should work again on Tuesday - but plans can change
                                left the game

Comment

Working...
                                X