Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockDoc
    replied
    Who knows, maybe by the time I get good enough to be able to push to T100 in 3 hours they will have weeded out the "gamers" and I will have a shot at upper end of LB, or at least a medal. Until then I'll continue to plug away at improving gear and skills, because if I think too much about what I've learned here I may say screw it and look for another game where gaming the game is not . . . overlooked. Or so it would seem based on many of the recent posts in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• ShotDead
    replied
    Originally posted by orion_134 View Post

Wait, you talking about Wllly? Certainly not...
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• orion_134
    replied
    Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me a bazillion times...

Actions have indeed been taken, but the same group of players keep avoiding them smh. I always advocate for the devs in Eternium, because they have always delivered, but I know of players who have whaled events and have barely made it to the top10, mostly kicked by a K or C player. And I'm talking about experienced players which naively thought it was fair competition.

The fact is, there is a certain individual who has been two-facing this community as well as the devs, feeding us enough to not seem suspicious. Once the scheme was discovered, he hasn't showed up here to defend himself. Au-contraire, he has locked the forum he administrates for fear to reprisal due to his continued activities.

Bear in mind that we're not accusing the devs of anything (I believe they feel as fooled as we did when we found ouy), but now is time to take action. Perhaps the port to Unreal Engine fixes all these issues, two birds with a stone in that case.
    Wait, you talking about Wllly? Certainly not...

Leave a comment:

• hades0505
    replied
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me a bazillion times...

Actions have indeed been taken, but the same group of players keep avoiding them smh. I always advocate for the devs in Eternium, because they have always delivered, but I know of players who have whaled events and have barely made it to the top10, mostly kicked by a K or C player. And I'm talking about experienced players which naively thought it was fair competition.

The fact is, there is a certain individual who has been two-facing this community as well as the devs, feeding us enough to not seem suspicious. Once the scheme was discovered, he hasn't showed up here to defend himself. Au-contraire, he has locked the forum he administrates for fear to reprisal due to his continued activities.

Bear in mind that we're not accusing the devs of anything (I believe they feel as fooled as we did when we found out), but now is time to take action. Perhaps the port to Unreal Engine fixes all these issues, two birds with a stone in that case.
    Last edited by hades0505; 06-27-2019, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    replied
    Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
    You should also be aware that the highest priority for the development team is to move Eternium to a different game platform, rather than using those same resources to continually patch this obviously ailing version.
    ^This^

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    Thanks, I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts! Ultimately, the message to us all should be don't waste real money right now, as you will never surpass the current abusive players.

Of course, as the developers still do want to achieve a revenue stream, I would expect that they will take all of this into account when Eternium is programmed for the new gaming platform.

Leave a comment:

• duckel
    replied
    Exploits have been used since the beginning of this and virtually every other online game...

Folks who use these techniques abuse every online or even offline system. This is nothing new to our world, nor to the Eternium developers!

Your perception that NO action has been or is taking place is your opinion, unless you have personal, direct communication with the programmers and administrators. If you read through all of the messages posted here, you will see that actions against abuse and abusers takes place all the time.

You should also be aware that the highest priority for the development team is to move Eternium to a different game platform, rather than using those same resources to continually patch this obviously ailing version.

Maybe it would be less stressful to avoid playing this frustrating game until all of your concerns are addressed.
    my problem is that they keep doing events where people spend their money to compete with tons of cheaters. any decent person wouldn't keep doing these events under the mentioned circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    Exploits have been used since the beginning of this and virtually every other online game...

Folks who use these techniques abuse every online or even offline system. This is nothing new to our world, nor to the Eternium developers!

Your perception that NO action has been or is taking place is your opinion, unless you have personal, direct communication with the programmers and administrators. If you read through all of the messages posted here, you will see that actions against abuse and abusers takes place all the time.

Maybe it would be less stressful to avoid playing this frustrating game until all of your concerns are addressed.

Leave a comment:

• duckel
    replied
    Unfortunately, the implication from some Forum and Discord posts is that the administrators condone all of the inappropriate "gaming" of the program. I suspect that is not the case.

Look at the developer's efforts made to improve balance and playability among platforms, the new gears, ANBs and award system. Obviously efforts are being made to improve the game for the player base. Imagine if those same limited resources were used for ALL of the current inappropriate activity to be disallowed (players banned, gear and rewards removed) and the improvements to the leaderboards. So then the developers announce that "the following activities..." will result in banning, etc.

Now move forward some period of time, even a week, "honest" players will have now moved to the top, based on their skill and experience, etc. Should we believe that no one will have any focus to see their hero move to top? Probably not, greed, recognition, etc. are part of human nature. This is like a challenge to some folks, creating new identities, new exploits, etc.

It is important for free exchange of information to occur among us all, but my personal belief is that the developers' choice to not address each set of exploit publicly, is a strategic decision, not an effort to ignore our observations or complaint.

Of course, I could be wrong, but this is my honest observation.
    Exploits have been reported over a year ago. the extreme exploit abuse and specific exploiters have been reported again in March 2019. Since then, they keep running these competitive events with half baked fixes and without any measures taken against the people abusing the system. developers are definitely not taking action.

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    Unfortunately, the implication from some Forum and Discord posts is that the administrators condone all of the inappropriate "gaming" of the program. I suspect that is not the case.

Look at the developer's efforts made to improve balance and playability among platforms, the new gears, ANBs and award system. Obviously efforts are being made to improve the game for the player base. Imagine if those same limited resources were used for ALL of the current inappropriate activity to be disallowed (players banned, gear and rewards removed) and the improvements to the leaderboards. So then the developers announce that "the following activities..." will result in banning, etc.

Now move forward some period of time, even a week, "honest" players will have now moved to the top, based on their skill and experience, etc. Should we believe that no one will have any focus to see their hero move to top? Probably not, greed, recognition, etc. are part of human nature. This is like a challenge to some folks, creating new identities, new exploits, etc.

It is important for free exchange of information to occur among us all, but my personal belief is that the developers' choice to not address each set of exploit publicly, is a strategic decision, not an effort to ignore our observations or complaint.

Of course, I could be wrong, but this is my honest observation.

Leave a comment:

• ShotDead
    replied
    Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post
    As for the exploiting and cheating, I have always condemed all acts from the time I joined this community and have seen how devs struggled to keep things in check. Having an offline game is really tough I guess. And I wouldn't want it to be forever online too. I still enjoy the game and you guys are still here which adds up to the experience so let's see. Have not seen a lot of the usual people here lately but like anybody else we got our own life to live aside from the possibility of then quiting due to uncheck behaviors of exploiters and cheaters.
    We love the game for what it is. We know devs can't patch everything. But as Nhat said, the eternal silence of the almighty is deafening

Leave a comment:

• Altheo 42
    replied
    Originally posted by 13ft shadow View Post

was always sw, back when it wasn't so popular lol... thnx btw trying to break tops 100 warriors using this funky curvy sword of celerity, and my old encrypted shield, isn't easy lol... cant wait till i can get a decent enough weapon set to drop.

i also really want to try this ELR mage, to compare with my arcanist... but to do so means i will have to make some sacrifices hmmm... mabey the time has come for this be so...
    Hmmm. I got a decent pair of black guard I am willing to give you if it is at all possible. I will stay DW. As for Arcanist vs ELR, I really think it is on par. Have you seen Radz?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019_0622_144500.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	139585

As for the exploiting and cheating, I have always condemed all acts from the time I joined this community and have seen how devs struggled to keep things in check. Having an offline game is really tough I guess. And I wouldn't want it to be forever online too. I still enjoy the game and you guys are still here which adds up to the experience so let's see. Have not seen a lot of the usual people here lately but like anybody else we got our own life to live aside from the possibility of then quiting due to uncheck behaviors of exploiters and cheaters.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    We can only go by what we have seen, and if there are players that are against cheats/exploits/hacks/bots, why support so-called admins and "top players" that posted and contributes to "how to" for those very thing!

The silence and lack of apparent actions speak volumes, and have disallusioned a number of ACTUAL great players and contributors to this game and its players.

I've been questioning whether or not I should continue doing so - feels like all that I'll achieve is giving the botters something else to make their runs easier...

Leave a comment:

• hades0505
    replied
    Seems like this thread has morphed into an attack on different groups/countries rather than actually referencing any current or future Banning of players. Its presence seems to just be a magnet for dissatisfaction of the continued level of misuse of the game.
    This post is a joke from the beginning. There is evidence that a group of people, which happen to come from the same country, have been regularly exploiting/cheating and no measure whatsoever has been taken against them. I'm not attacking them. I'm stating the evidence, so other fellow players (probably not even 0,5% of Eternium playerbase drops by the forums) are aware what they are facing.

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    Seems like this thread has morphed into an attack on different groups/countries rather than actually referencing any current or future Banning of players. Its presence seems to just be a magnet for dissatisfaction of the continued level of misuse of the game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X