Explaining the crafting system - goals and features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
    Thanks for the details. That clears a lot of doubts although I have one thing bugging me. When I try to create Silver Dust, I tells me I don't have enough gold (500 ) which I definitely have (screenshot attached).

Also there doesn't seem to be any direct way of getting silver dust (monster drops/chests/buy from vendor OR even directly from crafting menu). I was crafting something (or may be trying enchantment) and went from one craft icon to another to some other and finally reached silver dust crafting area. Is it supposed to be like that? It was a bit confusing but may be I'll get used to it soon.
    This might be a bit harder to understand, so I must explain a bit of under the hood functionality of the system. It is possible that you went into the silver dust creation screen after clicking on the missing material from another crafting screen (e.g. an enchant). If you did so, the system basically "reserves" the resources that are available and required to create that first thing where you started from, and only considers as "available" the rest of the stuff you have. As an example, let's assume you want to make an item that costs 100000 gold, and you have 101000 gold. However, you need to craft a missing ingredient that costs 2000 gold. When you do click on the missing ingredient, while you technically have enough gold to craft that ingredient, the system won't allow you, because it would mean that you wouldn't be able to craft what you wanted in the first place (in our situation, the 100000 gold item), as after crafting the ingredient you would be left with 99000 gold. You can still go through the regular "Materials" tab and craft the required number of mats, as the required materials are reserved for something only while that particular item's tab is open.

I'm not sure that's what happened to you, but there is a good chance that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Red (Developer) View Post

You can still go through the regular "Materials" tab and craft the required number of mats, as the required materials are reserved for something only while that particular item's tab is open.

I'm not sure that's what happened to you, but there is a good chance that is it.
      Doesn't show Silver Dust as an available "can be crafted" item in menu. Only shows Essences / Silver Ornament / Enchanted Leather / Mithril & Nightcloth

Comment

Originally posted by Astars View Post
        And then i receive celestial item,am i right?
        Doesn't make a non-celestial item a celestial. The item will be same as earlier with just increased stat

and could i use this item for ring or necklace?
        Or only for gloves,pants and other?
        Doesn't works on Ring or Necklace (currently, no idea about future plans)

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post

Doesn't show Silver Dust as an available "can be crafted" item in menu. Only shows Essences / Silver Ornament / Enchanted Leather / Mithril & Nightcloth
          It's under Enchanting Materials:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-12-18-23-26-59.png
Views:	32
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	121488
          Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thanx Red (Developer) Nice info!

Comment

Just as an update, we are considering removing this reserving of materials functionality as it turns out it is too hard to communicate to users. We will see how the system is more transparent, as it might turn out that users don't actually even need this kind of functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                (Silver Dust) It's under Enchanting Materials:
                I admit I too had a little trouble finding it, at first.

However it is very helpful that when trying to craft an advance level item, you can, from that screen, drill down into the recipe and (hopefully) craft those missing underlying items, and then hit the back button. It also offers you (if applicable) multiple possible ways of getting it: craft, transmute, etc.

Wow, very nice! Whoever thought of adding this functionality, give them an extra ration of grog.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Originally posted by Red (Developer) View Post
                  Just as an update, we are considering removing this reserving of materials functionality as it turns out it is too hard to communicate to users. We will see how the system is more transparent, as it might turn out that users don't actually even need this kind of functionality.
                  Already done:

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer)
                  Closed Beta 1.3.27 Release notes:
                  - Disabled a system reserving resources when trying to craft an ingredient required by another recipe.
                  - Various minor bug-fixes.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Does shattering of gemstones being considered? There are recipes that needs radiant gemstones (e.g. Vigor for 20 radiant).
                    It's funny that I would regret getting those radiant to brilliants too soon. So if we can somehow shatter brilliant and trillion to radiant, that would be super.
                    That would save us running a couple or maybe a quadruple gemstone grind just to get those greater enchantment for rings.
                    ZIHA BIWA CUNI 5866 (mobile)
                    Carlisle (M) TL 104 ¦ Ratot (BH) TL 101
                    CL1K+

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post
                      Does shattering of gemstones being considered?
                      Suggested by orion_134 and yours truly...

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...​​​​

Comment

Yes it is, we'll add it in a subsequent update. Right now we are prioritizing bug-fixing to go live on all platforms with the current version.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
                          Yes it is, we'll add it in a subsequent update. Right now we are prioritizing bug-fixing to go live on all platforms with the current version.
                          Good to hear! Will be an excellent addition to the already great crafting system.

Comment

I spent 100M gold to make crafting LV50. The result is devastating. I tested with legend assault set and got bunch of trashes. I could make far better item with farming without spending this much of gold and effort. I cannot see any difference in between LV 1 and LV50. Also, carfting material does not stacking up more than 100 thousands. I’m running out of gold and cannot process crafting materials. We may need a bigger resource bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Wllly View Post
                              I spent 100M gold to make crafting LV50. The result is devastating. I tested with legend assault set and got bunch of trashes. I could make far better item with farming without spending this much of gold and effort. I cannot see any difference in between LV 1 and LV50. Also, carfting material does not stacking up more than 100 thousands. I’m running out of gold and cannot process crafting materials. We may need a bigger resource bag.
                              But think, how the maximum level Mastery can potentially benefit you for the next ANBs...

Comment

Wllly is level 50, the maximum mastery level, for now?

Comment

Working...
                                X