Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explaining the crafting system - goals and features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Coda View Post
    Wllly is level 50, the maximum mastery level, for now?
    Yes - stated by Adrian IIRC

    Comment


    • #32
      Um, 100m gold while in beta? Not sure that was the wisest of ideas, but live and learn.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Wllly View Post
        I spent 100M gold to make crafting LV50. The result is devastating. I tested with legend assault set and got bunch of trashes. I could make far better item with farming without spending this much of gold and effort.....
        I was biding my time but based on this post I decided to try crafting two pieces for my gemstone miner that I had been thinking about farming. I didnt really care a lot about the outcome... I was more interested in choosing the exact stats that I wanted, but also of course would like the stats to be good.

        I'm only at Mastery level 27, but I have to agree with Wllly. I crafted 2 pieces of Bounty Hunter set gear. Both were garbage. I can get MUCH better gear even with RNG, by farming high-level trials for a little while. Boots & pants, they take a little longer. And I can get some gemstones, and XP, and crafting materials from salvaging unwanted gear, while doing it.

        Enchantments, that's different. But the gear crafting system as it stands now, is not even close to worth it IMHO. At Mastery Level 50, you should be crafting pieces similar to drops at TL90-100 with a chance at "L-box" quality. It's nowhere close.


        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Coda View Post

          I was biding my time but based on this post I decided to try crafting two pieces for my gemstone miner that I had been thinking about farming. I didnt really care a lot about the outcome... I was more interested in choosing the exact stats that I wanted, but also of course would like the stats to be good.

          I'm only at Mastery level 27, but I have to agree with Wllly. I crafted 2 pieces of Bounty Hunter set gear. Both were garbage. I can get MUCH better gear even with RNG, by farming high-level trials for a little while. Boots & pants, they take a little longer. And I can get some gemstones, and XP, and crafting materials from salvaging unwanted gear, while doing it.

          Enchantments, that's different. But the gear crafting system as it stands now, is not even close to worth it IMHO. At Mastery Level 50, you should be crafting pieces similar to drops at TL90-100 with a chance at "L-box" quality. It's nowhere close.

          When I was Lv 20s I made couple of set items and of couse it was trashes, but I had a hope that I could get a lot better when I arrived at LV50. As I mentioned, the result made me really angry. They will fix it when a lot of people achieve LV 50 and agree with me but it will be maybe a month later.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Coda View Post

            I was biding my time but based on this post I decided to try crafting two pieces for my gemstone miner that I had been thinking about farming. I didnt really care a lot about the outcome... I was more interested in choosing the exact stats that I wanted, but also of course would like the stats to be good.

            I'm only at Mastery level 27, but I have to agree with Wllly. I crafted 2 pieces of Bounty Hunter set gear. Both were garbage. I can get MUCH better gear even with RNG, by farming high-level trials for a little while. Boots & pants, they take a little longer. And I can get some gemstones, and XP, and crafting materials from salvaging unwanted gear, while doing it.

            Enchantments, that's different. But the gear crafting system as it stands now, is not even close to worth it IMHO. At Mastery Level 50, you should be crafting pieces similar to drops at TL90-100 with a chance at "L-box" quality. It's nowhere close.

            Great points Wllly and Coda. The gear crafting outcomes should definitely be better than they are. No sense in spending time and resources on them as it stands. The devs should be informed that tweaking will need to take place here for sure. I agree that at mastery lvl 50 the pieces should be on par with TL100 with a chance at lbox quality.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Coda View Post
              Wllly is level 50, the maximum mastery level, for now?
              Yes. It’s the maximum and some people in our community as well. We just wasted our time and gold. I wish there will be some fine tune ups in maximum craft LV.

              Comment


              • #37
                A new crafting material could be introduced, which when spent, would improve (narrow) the range of the stats. It should take a lot at low mastery levels, with the stat range, still limited to "not that great". And little or none at ML50 with an excellent stat range. The display could state in advance the stat range one can expect.

                This is just an idea off the cuff. There are probably better ways to do this. Hopefully the gist is coming through.

                However, as things are now, I will not be crafting any more gear. Only enchantments.
                ​​​​​​
                ​​​​​​
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

                Comment


                • #38
                  Guys, we are in a very different state of the game than those that can really benefit from items. I don't think item crafting is for us (end-game players). We can gain loyalty benefits by having a perk in ANB, but there are two sides to crafting: items and enchantment. Items can be of use in ANB and new players. Enchantments are for us (well, y'all) scraping away for that next trial position up top and gives our already-great gear a little improvement. Use the item crafting to complete that set item to save your lbox or make an exp set, but don't expect great results.
                  Dyoma Crown
                  Dyoma Crown Total: 346

                  Mage: 118
                  Warrior (DW): 115
                  BH: 113

                  Warrior (SW): 112

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
                    Guys, we are in a very different state of the game than those that can really benefit from items. I don't think item crafting is for us (end-game players). We can gain loyalty benefits by having a perk in ANB, but there are two sides to crafting: items and enchantment. Items can be of use in ANB and new players. Enchantments are for us (well, y'all) scraping away for that next trial position up top and gives our already-great gear a little improvement. Use the item crafting to complete that set item to save your lbox or make an exp set, but don't expect great results.
                    Unless....the devs envisioned the crafting of gear to mirror the same results as farming the gear, but haven't pulled it off yet, and another round of tweaking will ensue.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
                      Guys, we are in a very different state of the game than those that can really benefit from items. I don't think item crafting is for us (end-game players). We can gain loyalty benefits by having a perk in ANB, but there are two sides to crafting: items and enchantment. Items can be of use in ANB and new players. Enchantments are for us (well, y'all) scraping away for that next trial position up top and gives our already-great gear a little improvement. Use the item crafting to complete that set item to save your lbox or make an exp set, but don't expect great results.
                      I gonna go with this. Now that gold becomes important I would want a gear that has extra gold in it. And farming to get it will take like forever.
                      Crafting though gives you the chance to get the attribute you want in the time you need it. It may be far from the perfect stats but having it now than later will save us a little effort.

                      Although I will agree with Wllly 's point that lvl1, lvl20 and lvl50 crafting mastery should have a difference, otherwise, what will mastery stand for?
                      If I were in his shoes, I will be frustrated too if at lvl 50 I still get gears with less than 80 stats in it. So I think that needs balancing.
                      ZIHA BIWA CUNI 5866 (mobile)
                      Carlisle (M) TL 104 ¦ Ratot (BH) TL 101
                      CL1K+

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I want to craft. Gimme hammer n anvil please

                        Signed,

                        Your beloved iOS community.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Peacedawg View Post
                          Your beloved iOS community.
                          We're just waiting on Apple to approve. Once that happens, 1.3.31 will be live on all platforms.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                            We're just waiting on Apple to improve. Once that happens, 1.3.31 will be live on all platforms.
                            Fixed. I, too, loathe autocorrect...
                            Dyoma Crown
                            Dyoma Crown Total: 346

                            Mage: 118
                            Warrior (DW): 115
                            BH: 113

                            Warrior (SW): 112

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
                              Fixed. I, too, loathe autocorrect...
                              Heh, it does seem like Apple loathes developers at times. Definitely room for improvement.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                                We're just waiting on Apple to approve. Once that happens, 1.3.31 will be live on all platforms.
                                When crafting goes live, will that be version 1.3.31? I'm at 1.3.22 right now, and I expected 1.3.25 would be the next version I'd get on Windows.
                                DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

                                Jonen: level 70 mage
                                Voshek: level 70 warrior
                                Odrin: level 70 bounty hunter
                                Kyree: level 70 mage
                                Felitza: level 70 bounty hunter
                                CL 1339

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X