Explaining the crafting system - goals and features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhoenixFitz View Post

When crafting goes live, will that be version 1.3.31? I'm at 1.3.22 right now, and I expected 1.3.25 would be the next version I'd get on Windows.
    Crafting beta is currently up to 1.3.31, so it'll be at least that when it goes live to the other platforms.

Sometimes you get platform specific fixes, so only that platform is updated, but the version is incremented in the source. So next "all platforms" update will be 1 higher anyway.

Current live is 1.3.22 for Android and Windows, I believe iOS is up to 1.3.23 - due to a platform specific update. Which was why beta started at 1.3.25, and not 1.3.23 (already taken).

That's based on what I've seen, and from my own work place's versioning handling. A release use the same version number, regardless of platform.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thanks!
      DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Jonen: level 70 mage
      Voshek: level 70 warrior
      Odrin: level 70 bounty hunter
      Kyree: level 70 mage
      Felitza: level 70 bounty hunter
      CL 1339

Comment

Red (Developer) Adrian (Developer) and Travis, could you let us know if the crafting system will undergo tweaking prior to live launch?

It seems the vision is different than what we see currently (1.3.31), as mentioned by Red in the OP:

"The ability to produce true end game items"

"We wanted a crafting system that would remain relevant for low level players and high level players alike, regardless of the stage in the game they are currently at, and this means allowing for the ability to craft set as well as named items, and more"

As previously stated by Wllly, Coda and myself, in the current crafting state, endgame set pieces are underwhelming at best, even at Mastery level 50. There really isn't a major drive for experienced players to craft set pieces or reach level 50 mastery.

Overall, the crafting system is a huge hit with many amazing features. I think it can be even better with a little tweaking to allow for truly "end game" crafting instead of a system that won't be used for more than adding a quick needed item to complete a set for a temporary boost until a significantly better piece drops with normal play.

Red (Developer) or Adrian (Developer) , when you get a moment could you let us know if the current set piece crafting state is what was envisioned and will be the final product, or do you intend to tweak prior to live launch?

Comment

Version 1.3.31 is already live for Android, so don't think there will be any further major tweakings.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Still at 1.3.22 on Windows....

Edit: Oops, spoke too soon, yay!
            Last edited by PhoenixFitz; 12-24-2018, 12:38 AM.
            DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Jonen: level 70 mage
            Voshek: level 70 warrior
            Odrin: level 70 bounty hunter
            Kyree: level 70 mage
            Felitza: level 70 bounty hunter
            CL 1339

Comment

Eh should've logged in and read this before whinning in discord like a noob, thanks for explaining. Very useful infos
              ANB #4 Mage LB - #5 Pelias CL- 1715; TL - 108
              Live Mage LB - #76 Mrak CL - 1864; TL - 110

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post
                Red (Developer) Adrian (Developer) and Travis, could you let us know if the crafting system will undergo tweaking prior to live launch?

It seems the vision is different than what we see currently (1.3.31), as mentioned by Red in the OP:

"The ability to produce true end game items"

"We wanted a crafting system that would remain relevant for low level players and high level players alike, regardless of the stage in the game they are currently at, and this means allowing for the ability to craft set as well as named items, and more"

As previously stated by Wllly, Coda and myself, in the current crafting state, endgame set pieces are underwhelming at best, even at Mastery level 50. There really isn't a major drive for experienced players to craft set pieces or reach level 50 mastery.

Overall, the crafting system is a huge hit with many amazing features. I think it can be even better with a little tweaking to allow for truly "end game" crafting instead of a system that won't be used for more than adding a quick needed item to complete a set for a temporary boost until a significantly better piece drops with normal play.
                I don't think "The ability to produce true end game items" should mean "The ability to produce L-box quality items within a few days".

Gear is fairly trivial as is, due to ANB events. Crafting max or near max stat custom gear should take quite a bit of work IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Buppy View Post

I don't think "The ability to produce true end game items" should mean "The ability to produce L-box quality items within a few days".

Gear is fairly trivial as is, due to ANB events. Crafting max or near max stat custom gear should take quite a bit of work IMO.
                  Thanks for the input Buppy. The point of the post of course doesn't mean that everyone should be able to craft l-box quality gear from nothing. The point is to have a system that mimics the vision of the developers to have a crafting system that benefits experienced players in end game. I don't play the game solely for ANB events as you mentioned. Sure, ANB is great, but the game as a whole would benefit from a crafting system that is useful for crafted set gear, and where mastery level 50 has a significant role over mastery level 1.

Comment

Playing as a warrior. Now just got the new crafting system 2 days ago and tried crafting Adventurers and Juggernaut set pieces. But I need the recipes. But the only ones that are currently being sold are for Mage and Gunner. Does the recipies cycle or stay the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post

Thanks for the input Buppy. The point of the post of course doesn't mean that everyone should be able to craft l-box quality gear from nothing. The point is to have a system that mimics the vision of the developers to have a crafting system that benefits experienced players in end game. I don't play the game solely for ANB events as you mentioned. Sure, ANB is great, but the game as a whole would benefit from a crafting system that is useful for crafted set gear, and where mastery level 50 has a significant role over mastery level 1.
                      I understand and, to an extent, agree. The devs say they want crafting to be useful for endgame players; so it should be. What I wouldn't agree with, as yet at least, is that it currently isn't. At the least you have enchantments, which are certainly useful for everyone, even players decked out in full celestial.

It's been a week and already people are making set/unique items. I think it would be too much if they were getting "endgame" stat rolls every time. I've never been one to farm for anything, so maybe not the most qualified to speak on the subject, but in all my play time since I've started I could count the number of good drops on one hand. Pretty sure everything my main is wearing came from custom boxes. Can you get an endgame quality item of whatever set and slot and stat combination you want by farming trials for a week? I think it probably should take many attempts before you get a piece with good stat rolls. Maybe good rolls are currently too rare. I don't know if it's fair to draw that conclusion after a week. Maybe celestial orbs should be tweaked to be more useful for "fixing" bad stats. Maybe the "useful" part comes just from being customizable, even if the stats aren't great. Or maybe there's no good way to make craft-able endgame set gear that wouldn't also make typical farming obsolete and/or gearing-up in general too trivial. Or maybe gear should be trivial and they should just put L-boxes on a vendor for a few million gold.

Comment

there was a bug about custom rare jewelry. there was a random stat that I did not choose. I used to work with just one stat out

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Kell View Post
                          Playing as a warrior. Now just got the new crafting system 2 days ago and tried crafting Adventurers and Juggernaut set pieces. But I need the recipes. But the only ones that are currently being sold are for Mage and Gunner. Does the recipies cycle or stay the same?
                          You can refresh the available recipes, either with 50 Gems, or for free every 3 hours. The list is random, so it's a matter of luck to get the one you want.

Any you bought are removed from the list, so the other way, if tyou have enough gold/gems, is to simply by everything.

Originally posted by Don Ramon View Post
                          there was a bug about custom rare jewelry. there was a random stat that I did not choose. I used to work with just one stat out
                          Knowm issue with 1.3.31, and reported multiple times already:

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Great update, have waited for something like this for long. I do see a few issues which I might have done differently.

I would like to extend Andrews comment:

In the name of all randomness and refressing. As a warrior I have seen max 2 pcs in the list of recipies at each refressing which I can use, so why is such a list shown when one can only use 10% of said list. Just refreshed a list with nothing at all for a warrior. With randomness shouldent one see an average of 33% since there are 3 different chars to choose from?

200 gems for set items is okay. Unique item are of different quality and one couldent know when a near perfect shows up, and should perfect and weakest cost the same?

15 mark of titan for one unique or set item at legendary may be a bit over the brim when it is so rare. I might be looking for them a wrong place but - come on. I see that some might spend a great deal of time each day on gaming, and thats okay. Have some mercy for the farther which want to have fun for 10 min now and then, I dont have a chance.

I hope you will listen, and respect if you cant do anything about it. Wish you all the best for 2019.

Comment

You can recycle the recipes for free every three hours (or pay 50 gems to recycle immediately). I am still waiting on the recipe for a Stalker Hood since that is the only Epic part of my Stalker set that I need to build a Legendary. It is just a matter of time. If you spend the 50K in gold to buy the one recipe each time you reset, you will eventually own all the recipes.

It is quite a grind to get enough materials to craft a Legendary set piece, but I have already been able to add enhancements to all of my weapons, back, shoulder, and hands. I have been trying to balance building a stockpile of materials with earning a higher crafting rank. I have burnt through a lot of gold over the past week. I had over 2 million when the new crafting system came on line, but now I am down under 500k in gold. I may have to switch over to some extra gold gear and burn a few boosters to grind for gold to keep up with the cost of crafting.

Comment

Why can't I enchant my legendary necronomicon with ruin of the storm ? while Top Mage Wllly enchated his celestial necronomicon ? They are of the same category as weapon .Is it a bug or celestial items are exception ?

Comment

Working...
                                X