Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussing exploits openly is grounds for a ban (including your game account)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussing exploits openly is grounds for a ban (including your game account)

Allow me to remind everyone that discussing exploits (known or not) is grounds for immediate dismissal from the forum, Discord, and/or the game, even if you've spent money. If you would like to report an exploit that you think may be unknown, please do so privately via help@makingfun.com.

Now that this warning has been (re)issued, I will be much less tolerant to violations and swift action will be taken at my discretion.

• ShotDead
    replied
    Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
    Give the guys a chance to make adjustments. The last 3 ANBs are all part of one single event cycle. Now that we've completed one cycle, give the guys a chance to make adjustments.
    We love this game and have immense respect for the devs trying to keep it clean (so far). We just hope that the hammer will strike on anyone who try to take unfair advantage & make fool of us (we the players as well as you the devs) and Nekro wasn't just a sacrificial goat.
    Last edited by ShotDead; 03-29-2019, 05:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    Originally posted by Nhat View Post

Explaining kinda infringes in the "not discussing exploits" directive...

Some of the game's attacks unfortunately shares the same name at the moment.
    • "Stormblade proc" is the "Chain lightning" damage from: Stormblade, Stormgun, enchantments such as Windfurry and Rune of the Storm <= again, normal, just a "same name" thing...
    Yes, I was surprised and confused having chain lightning from a sword or RoS referenced as "Stormblade proc! Now if I can just cast spells as a BH... :-)

Leave a comment:

• ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.)
    replied
    Originally posted by Coda View Post
    In my opinion, one significant reason there is a lot more 'stress' now about cheating, hacking, exploits, and such, is that the game is now hugely pay-to-win...
    However, I predict Devs will keep them due to making a lot of money. The fact that they leaked plans to have them running nearly continuously should tell you something about how much they like them. And by like I mean collect $.
    Give the guys a chance to make adjustments. The last 3 ANBs are all part of one single event cycle. Now that we've completed one cycle, give the guys a chance to make adjustments.

Leave a comment:

• Bart the warrior
    replied
    Hi there. Barring the discussion ("a word that cannot be spoken") will not solve the problem.
    Tell me, people, how will you treat a doctor who, instead of looking for ways to cure a disease, will say: “Let's not talk about the disease”?
    At the moment, one thing is clear! It makes no sense to arrange new ANB leagues without major game changes.

As usual, I will mention the classic "increasing abyss between PC and mobiles".
    Maybe devs of mobile game will turn their faces to mobile players and hold in future at least one event for the mobile platform only? Elementary - release the version only on GP and access to the event is given only from this version. PC-players also have smartphones, so their interests will not be infringed upon.
    And yes, I have a PC with Win-10, but I will never play Eternium on a PC.
    I also remind of my proposal to rotate medals in different top-places between leagues, so that even inexperienced players can get at least one medal of each type at events.

Leave a comment:

• badazz34
    replied
    Every ANB I've spent over $300 to see if I could PTW but never even come close. Its always "Korean or Chinese" in front of their names that are in the top 10 -25 for BH and Mage class.

Leave a comment:

• Madhatter
    replied
    I'm sure it would all make sense if you understood Korean.........................
    perhaps the devs need a Korean dev????

Leave a comment:

• TerryDarc
    replied
    Originally posted by Arionthe View Post

But that is not what is happening here. They are rabbits in a dog race. We are the chumps that fall for the fake carrots.

Unfortunately I can’t be more specific about it as more details will run the risk of discussing the unmentionables.
    You mean that cheats and cheaters exist? Suspect a several more people have that idea as well but I doubt that is what MF had in mind (but excuse me if so). I wondered a while back what it would take to develop such a "tool" to manipulate the game. If someone bragged about using an "exploit" or hinted at it, or offered to sell it, I could see how that would not be good. This game is as good as we all have confidence in it. I fail to see the point in playing if the only way you can win is to cheat. I also suggested a LB for cheaters only slightly tongue in cheek.

Leave a comment:

• Arionthe
    replied
    Originally posted by BalthasarHohenheim View Post

Keep in mind, that CBoxes and LBoxes have very high base values. I took a quick look at mine and the entire Mage Top 100 in ANB5-Gold and it seems that 26% and 90 AR are the worst possible values you can get (if 25% is possible I haven't seen one yet). The 90 AR only showed up once and the next worst was 93 AR so I would say that your "somewhat acceptable mantles" are in fact the worst ones you will see normally. So getting eighter 28% or 98 AR is not unusual. Even the odd perfect 30% 100 AR ones could be legit.
    Your line of argument has one fatal fallacy. That is selection bias. You are examining the said population of data points to determine the reasonableness of that same population. You don’t have a control group of non exploiting results to compare. I will just leave it at that.

Leave a comment:

• Arionthe
    replied
    Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
    As for the leaderboard, when I see CLs of 1300+ in six hours, the only thing I think is how many gems did you throw at it and that's giving them the benefit of the doubt.

​​​
    Actually i hinted at this in my post. Your initial reaction is 99.99% wrong. What is being achieved by them has very little to do with gem expenditure. Or said it another way, the ungodly amount of gems it would take to replicate what they have done might start approach the number of atoms on earth.

The truth is, if they really did spend that much gem, I would not have any problem. In fact I would applaud them for supporting the game and allowing the devs greater resources to improve the game.

But that is not what is happening here. They are rabbits in a dog race. We are the chumps that fall for the fake carrots.

Unfortunately I can’t be more specific about it as more details will run the risk of discussing the unmentionables.

Leave a comment:

• NoSuchReality
    replied
    I'm fairly ambivalent regarding the top leaders being buyers. As long as they're spending real money, I'm more fine with it. If its just 'amassed' gems from 'ad views' I'm more doubtful. The game needs to rmake money if it doesnt enhancements and maintenace stop.

As for the leaderboard, when I see CLs of 1300+ in six hours, the only thing I think is how many gems did you throw at it and that's giving them the benefit of the doubt.

​​​​​​So basically, unless the devs change up the order of medals awarded between leagues, Glory Medals are your scarlet letter. Its unfortunate some skilled players will get tagged with it.

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    In my opinion, one significant reason there is a lot more 'stress' now about cheating, hacking, exploits, and such, is that the game is now hugely pay-to-win.

ANBs can only be won (top 10 or 25) by paying, and they are the key to C-boxes and more recently, medals, which are the key to ranking highly outside an ANB. The XP curve being exponential contributes to this.

The timed ANBs made it this way. They were an interesting experiment but let's face it, some experiments fail.

However, I predict Devs will keep them due to making a lot of money. The fact that they leaked plans to have them running nearly continuously should tell you something about how much they like them. And by like I mean collect $.

Devs also do not fix things like RotS on items that shouldn't have it (tome). Not to mention numerous longstanding known and extremely unpopular bugs.

Truth hurts sometimes, but doesn't mean it's not true.

Leave a comment:

• BalthasarHohenheim
    replied
    Originally posted by duckel View Post
    i took screenshots of 27 people with the name "Korea" in the BH leaderboards. out of those 22 had either 28+% or 98+AR or both on IM. only one had a "bad" IM and 4 had somewhat acceptable mantles around 26+% or 93+AR. does look like they all got very lucky, heh?
    Keep in mind, that CBoxes and LBoxes have very high base values. I took a quick look at mine and the entire Mage Top 100 in ANB5-Gold and it seems that 26% and 90 AR are the worst possible values you can get (if 25% is possible I haven't seen one yet). The 90 AR only showed up once and the next worst was 93 AR so I would say that your "somewhat acceptable mantles" are in fact the worst ones you will see normally. So getting eighter 28% or 98 AR is not unusual. Even the odd perfect 30% 100 AR ones could be legit.

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
    Thx. Unfair advantage is pretty clear but what do you mean, "in game process"?
    Usually an exploit is using a bug or something that the developer clearly didn't intent to be used to gain a huge advantage. Classic examples from other games would be finding a specific monster were a programmer made an error while setting its EXP/ Drops and farming it to level quickly or get filthy rich. Or killing a monster that wasn't supposed to be killed the get easy loot (like Magroth in Severed Mountain -> this one is long fixed and should be fine to mention).
    In general if something it way too good to be right send a quick Mail to the games Support and ask wether it is an exploit. If it is and they didn't know about it you might even get an reward.
    Last edited by BalthasarHohenheim; 03-23-2019, 01:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
    Thx. Unfair advantage is pretty clear but what do you mean, "in game process"?
    Explaining kinda infringes in the "not discussing exploits" directive...

I've seen such as "Immolate process" for damage and I understand that. I've also seen "Stormblade process" where the player was not/could not be equipped with a Stormblade. Always wondered what that was about.
    Some of the game's attacks unfortunately shares the same name at the moment.
    • Immolate procs are a feature of the Apprentice set 6/6 piece bonus for Mages, you do not need to have the ability itself equipped <= Normal
    • "Stormblade proc" is the "Chain lightning" damage from: Stormblade, Stormgun, enchantments such as Windfurry and Rune of the Storm <= again, normal, just a "same name" thing...

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Probabilities are pretty complicated but from an overly simplistic view point...

Event 1 has X probability. Express as fraction not %.
    Event 2 has Y probability.

Probability of either: add them, X+Y
    Probability of both together: multiply them, X*Y

Example: 2 stats, each within top 10% of range, dropping on same piece of gear ... 0.1*0.1=0.01 (1%)
    Note carefully that L cubes and C cubes, the range itself is much narrower.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X