No announcement yet.

1.3.46 Google Beta - Release Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do understand concern of players about the ad limits. But come on you should enjoy the game not watch ads. If someone out of eternium comes here and see complaints he will think: “what a heck, these folk are demanding more ads?”. This change brings the game to more healthier state: 1. Play (not watch ads), 2. Limit bots, 3. Ptw gap might increase. However, I do belive that devs can make some compensation for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

Travis said in the past that the dev's don't like the ad's at all and wanted to remove them. And now we get a ad limit..
      Thanks for the information. I do, however, find it difficult to believe that the developers want to drop advertisement... Ads are the key revenue stream for the Internet. (click bait) Google is a prime example of the actual value of advertisements. Of course, if the developer's POV is that they would prefer to have folks buy gems, I can understand that different revenue stream, however, then the game tends toward being "Pay two Play"...

Comment

Was there any exploit problem with ad's?
        I believe so. If the ads can be limited without pushing the game toward P2W, then I'd be in favor of an ad limit. What that limit should be is debatable.

It seems like it should be possible to have a maximum number of gems transferred from the main account to an event character when it's created, so everyone in that event starts with the same gem cap. Players could choose how many of their gems (up to the event limit) to transfer -- so you could even compete at a disadvantage if you choose. There could be events with different gem caps -- maybe even multiple events active the same week. Sometimes it's fun to spend 10K gems on a single event, and other times it would be fun to figure out the best way to use only 1K gems. The choices might be very different for different numbers of hours of play time. Also, players could choose whether they want a 6-hour event or a 12-hour event based on how busy they are that week.

With this scheme, players with different amounts of gems to spend could still participate in events regularly, could alternate between events requiring more or less gems, more or less play time, still earn good rewards, and compete on a level playing field within their chosen event.
        ZIWO WAWO QALE 0686
        CL1831 — Mobile only (iPad >>> Android phone)
        Dyoma’s Crown: 355

Hirza: Assault BH — XP farmer
        Sesuvi: ELR/GMC Mage — TL120
        Evicis: Defender/Blackguard Warrior — TL117
        Anrin: Assault/Tesla BH — TL118
        Sathena: Arcanist Mage — gold farmer

Comment

Originally posted by Yerasyl Amanbek View Post
          However, I do belive that devs can make some compensation for it.
          Perhaps higher gem drop rates? Raising the 30-day offer to 200 gems daily? Currently, there's only two possible ways we can get gems fast enough, especially with the new ANB Leagues' schedule: paying upfront at each event or watching (lots of) ads in the intervals. The new limit effectively takes away one of these paths.

I assume most players have a daily job and cannot play a long time everyday. Playing everyday to the limit would net you 7.5k gems a month, plus 3k from daily quests, and maybe 500 from other sources; that would be 11k gems. On the other hand, someone who only plays on weekends, yet finds enough time to do his quests daily will only get as much as 6-7k gems a month. Buying the daily pack adds 3k gems for one month, assuming one remembers to collect everyday. I have bought this pack on a couple occasions, and I would definitely recommend doing so as an appreciation of the devs' work, but that doesn't mean I intend to do it EVERY month.

The practical limit seems to be around 8-10 k gems a month, if one plays most days of the week, plus 3k if paying for the extra income. I don't have a hard number, but I guess I spent between 12-15 k gems during the first ANB League events. It takes a lot of effort to keep up as it is, and the new limit will force many of us to change our playing schedules.
          I can understand that a hard limit may be necessary to thwart botnets, yet 50 ads per day seem too restrictive, perhaps 100 per day, or 500 per week, would be much more forgiving for those of us with limited schedules.

Comment

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but I have a potential resolution that not only solves the depreciated amount of gems attainable through adverts, but also consolidates the issue with requiring players to use mobile devices or emulators to farm gems. The drop rate of gems could be ever so slightly increased. I have no idea what the actual percentage is for their current rate, and maybe this isn't a direction the developers want to go, but I believe it would be a valuable compromise to tick whatever that drop chance for gems is up by a fraction.

I also had a question regarding the "item budget" for celestial and legendary boxes. Are they all going to have the same budget, so if Joe opens a box and Jill opens a box and they choose the same stats, obviously the stat rolls would still be randomized in and of themselves, but would the budgets be different for each? Using simple stats such as on a set item: CR, AR, Haste, and Power. All could potentially roll up to 90.0, so that's 90*4 = 360; Does one box have a budget of perhaps 358/360 and will automatically have better stats by default than another box whose budget is only 355/360?

As a final note, there are still a few spelling/grammatical errors in the game. I'd be happy to go through all the text and clean those up if you want =)

Cheers

Comment

Was there any exploit problem with ad's?
              Not sure, but I see no other reason for it.
              Retired Mobile Player

Comment

Reforge feedback (while everyone is so focus on adz).

Adrian (Developer) It seems I cannot get 2 same attribute in a roll. For example, I am already happy with the current attribute, I only want to get a higher value (e.g. 56.2% crit, I want to get 59%), it seems I cannot do that now. Spent like close to 400 gems to check but it did't happen. Is this the intended behavior now?

If yes, to get a higher value attribute, you'll have to select another first and then re roll and hope the get it on the next?
                Retired Mobile Player

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post
                  Reforge feedback (while everyone is so focus on adz).

It seems I cannot get 2 same attribute in a roll. For example, I am already happy with the current attribute, I only want to get a higher value (e.g. 56.2% crit, I want to get 59%), it seems I cannot do that now. Spent like close to 400 gems to check but it did't happen. Is this the intended behavior now?

If yes, to get a higher value attribute, you'll have to select another first and then re roll and hope the get it on the next?
                  You're hitting a "RNG" thing, I've gotten a few with my tests - used Rares so it only costs Gold. This have always been the case for reforging, you get the original stat + 2 random stats - which cannot be one of the others on the item already (exception for Celestial's Vitality) and may be a higher version of the original stat.

Edit:
                  The added "difficulty" in getting a higher version of the original stat is just that -> the bonus value MUST be higher. The range of the options is random, so you can only get it if it happened to rolled a higher value, and the higher your current value is, the less chance of getting a higher roll...
                  Last edited by Nhat; 04-10-2019, 12:42 AM.
                  Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

官方的做法成功的限制了我,限制了我的游戏时间,限制了我的游戏乐趣。但是我想问你们从中得到了什么?对Eternium有什么好处吗?我原来要花6小时甚至更长时间来游戏,现在最多2小时就没有收益了,而原本游戏时间2小时的 玩家并没有因此延长游戏时间。所以总得来说,Eternium受到了损害,你们的更新相当的不明智。当然如果官方增加游戏的玩法让更多的玩家加入到Eternium也是可以的,我也很期待。

如果真的仅仅是为了限制排名奖励,让其他不愿意花更多时间、精力、金钱的玩家获得公平,我有个好主意——A NB排名第一的玩家所有属性降低10%,排名第二的降低9.9%,排名第三的降低9.8%,以此类推,你们 看怎么样?

Comment

Google translations, my apologies for any errors:

The success of the official approach has limited me, limiting my game time and limiting my game fun. But I want to ask you what you got from it? What are the benefits for Eternium? I used to spend 6 hours or more to play the game. Now there is no profit for up to 2 hours, and the original game time of 2 hours does not extend the game time. So in general, Eternium has been damaged, and your update is quite unwise. Of course, if the official increase in the gameplay is to make more players join Eternium, I am also looking forward to it.
                      I'm assuming you're referring to the Ads capping here, since none of the other issues affects normal play...

If it's really just to limit the ranking rewards and let other players who don't want to spend more time, energy and money get fair, I have a good idea - all the attributes of the first player in A NB are reduced by 10%, ranking second. The decrease is 9.9%, the third place is reduced by 9.8%, and so on. What do you think?
                      It's not an issue with people not wanting to spend the times, but with those who are doing so via cheats/exploits - although, yes, the ads capping does unfortunately affect those that are legitimately doing it...

Comment

Originally posted by nhat View Post
                        google translations, my apologies for any errors:

I'm assuming you're referring to the ads capping here, since none of the other issues affects normal play...

It's not an issue with people not wanting to spend the times, but with those who are doing so via cheats/exploits - although, yes, the ads capping does unfortunately affect those that are legitimately doing it...
                        我从没有破解这个游戏,并且没有利用那些影响平衡的bug,假如你用了30分钟来游戏,而我花了3小时,你 的意思是我应该获得的和你一样多吗?并且官方现在的anb还限制了游戏时间。

Comment

Originally posted by rainxll View Post
                          我从没有破解这个游戏,并且没有利用那些影响平衡的BUG,假如你用了30分钟来游戏,而我花了3小时,你 的意思是我应该获得的和你一样多吗?
                          I have never cracked this game, and I have not used the BUG that affects balance. If you used 30 minutes to play, and I spent 3 hours, do you mean that I should get as much as you?
                          Not at all, you should get what ever you got for the 3 hours, and I get the rough 1/6 of that, or less, since you're a much better player than I am .

Edit:
                          Nothing in this patch changes that fact (again, other than the ad capping, potentially), changes are to prevent the bugs. So I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion...
                          Last edited by Nhat; 04-10-2019, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

Not at all, you should get what ever you got for the 3 hours, and I get the rough 1/6 of that, or less, since you're a much better player than I am .

Nothing in this patch changes that fact (again, other than the ad capping), changes are to prevent the bugs.
                            我可以这样理解吗:如果我还是比你的排名高,这样你公平的接受了,而不会去寻找其他的问题来证明不公平?
                            其实我最终的意思是:花6小时游戏的玩家,他们的乐趣在a处;花3小时游戏的玩家,他们乐趣在b处;花1小 时游戏玩家,他们的乐趣在c处。当然这些都是不修改,不利用bug。而官方的意图是所有人在一起寻找乐趣, 这是很难实现的,而且也没有道理,就像我发帖比喻的一样,专业的nba球员不和普通爱好者一起打篮球,男人 和女人不一起打篮球,儿童不和成年人一起打篮球,但是所有的比赛都用一种规则。

Comment

Originally posted by rainxll View Post
                              我可以这样理解吗:如果我还是比你的排名高,这样你公平的接受了,而不会去寻找其他的问题来证明不公平?
                              Can I understand this: If I am still higher than your ranking, then you accept it fairly, and will not look for other problems to prove unfair?
                              Me personally, yes, because I know that there are a lot of much better players out there than me. I'll wonder how you and others did it, and may asks questions hoping to improve my game play It'll be appreciated, if you're willing, if you do share your experiences, and help improves everyone's gameplay and enjoyment - I'm sure you would also like to have better competitions as well.

I also know that there are bugs and exploits in the game, which some players may choose to use in order to get ahead. It is these players that I have issues with... Things were raised recently because it was discovered that a potential large numbers of players were abusing the bugs...

In fact, my final meaning is: players who spend 6 hours of game, their fun is at a; players who spend 3 hours of game, they are fun at b; spend 1 hour gamers, their fun is at c. Of course, these are not modified, and no bugs are used. The official intention is that everyone is looking for fun together. This is difficult to achieve, and it makes no sense. Just like the metaphor of my posting, professional nba players don’t play basketball with ordinary fans, men and women don’t Playing basketball, children don't play basketball with adults.
                              Agree. I'm still having fun with the game playing about 30 minutes a day.

Edit: Although I think some may debate the men/women team things
                              Last edited by Nhat; 04-10-2019, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

Me personally, yes, because I know that there are a lot of much better players out there than me. I'll wonder how you and others did it, and may asks questions hoping to improve my game play It'll be appreciated, if you're willing, if you do share your experiences, and help improves everyone's gameplay and enjoyment - I'm sure you would also like to have better competitions as well.

I also know that there are bugs and exploits in the game, which some players may choose to use in order to get ahead. It is these players that I have issues with... Things were raised recently because it was discovered that a potential large numbers of players were abusing the bugs...

Agree. I'm still having fun with the game playing about 30 minutes a day.

Edit: Although I think some may debate the men/women team things
                                举例,当我在地图中被一个狭窄的地方挡住了,我思考后想到可以划S,开门先进入城镇再回到地图,这样就躲过 了。你可能已经知道这个方法,但是还是有很多人不知道只能放弃重新开始地图,这样的方法(你称为bugs and exploits)还有很多,我不会把这些都公布出来,因为我花了很多时间重复游戏才发现这些。首先我希望 保持领先,可能会把这些告诉我的好朋友,但是你不是;第二如果我告诉了你,你也会从30分钟的玩家变成6小 时的玩家,你的乐趣消失了,并且可能找不到新的乐趣。
                                Last edited by rainxll; 04-10-2019, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X