1.3.46 Google Beta - Release Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

You're hitting a "RNG" thing, I've gotten a few with my tests - used Rares so it only costs Gold. This have always been the case for reforging, you get the original stat + 2 random stats - which cannot be one of the others on the item already (exception for Celestial's Vitality) and may be a higher version of the original stat.

Edit:
    The added "difficulty" in getting a higher version of the original stat is just that -> the bonus value MUST be higher. The range of the options is random, so you can only get it if it happened to rolled a higher value, and the higher your current value is, the less chance of getting a higher roll...
    Yeah maybe RNG, but it still seems you cannot get 2 same attribute in a roll. If you manage to get 2 attributes (one higher than the other) during your test, that would be great. I take on Adrian (Developer) 's statement that 3 attributes will be rolled (3 different attributes). That's why I need clarification, or if you happen to roll 2 attributes. I will conduct my test too on Rare. I'll keep you posted..
    Retired Mobile Player

Comment

Originally posted by rainxll View Post
      举例,当我在地图中被一个狭窄的地方挡住了,我思考后想到可以划S,开门先进入城镇再回到地图,这样就躲过 了。你可能已经知道这个方法,但是还是有很多人不知道只能放弃重新开始地图,这样的方法(你称为bugs and exploits)还有很多,我不会把这些都公布出来,因为我花了很多时间重复游戏才发现这些。首先我希望 保持领先,可能会把这些告诉我的好朋友,但是你不是;第二如果我告诉了你,你也会从30分钟的玩家变成6小 时的玩家,你的乐趣消失了,并且可能找不到新的乐趣。
      For example, when I was blocked by a narrow place on the map, I thought that I could draw S, open the door and enter the town and then return to the map, so I escaped. You may already know this method, but there are still many people who don't know that they can just give up restarting the map. There are still many such methods (you call them bugs and exploits). I won't publish them because I spent a lot. Time to repeat the game to discover these. First of all, I hope to stay ahead, I might tell my good friends, but not yet. Second, if I tell you, you will also change from a 30-minute player to a 6-hour player, your fun disappears, and May not find new fun.

There are definitely "tricks" for doing things quicker, such as the speed levelling in Canyon of Whispers (which I used and posted on during the last ANB, thanks to those who shared it with me), or via Trials only (I couldn't get this to work for me properly) - as long as they do NOT take advantage of bugs or loopholes in the game, they're perfectly fine to use, your Town portal and abandoning Trials are other examples. Yes there are likely to be others that have not been posted on, just as there are multiple others bugs/exploits that you and I don't know about.

I've done somewhat limited testing with the game, and when I do find something "interesting", I check with support first - so I do hope that you're doing the same thing. If it is a legitimate way to play the game, then all good and go for it. Just because the game currently allows you to do something doesn't mean it's supposed to, thus bug... I've found a few of these, and aside from reproducing for logging purposes, I take extra steps to ensure that I do not trigger them during normal gameplay.

As I said, it's completely up to you whether to share you methods and experiences or not, and I have nothing against that.
      Last edited by Nhat; 04-10-2019, 04:19 AM. Reason: typos
      Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post

Yeah maybe RNG, but it still seems you cannot get 2 same attribute in a roll. If you manage to get 2 attributes (one higher than the other) during your test, that would be great.
        Here's an example: higher Critial Rating
        Screenshot_2019-04-10-13-52-31.png

Comment

I’ m not sure if there is a bug allowing players to get abnormally high gems in one day, my best record is 700-800 gems a day(normal story mode, 4+ hours solely for ad boxes, pretty boring). 50 ad boxes every day seems not very acceptable to me, not sure how others thoughts.

Comment

Here's an example: higher Critial Rating
            I rest my case then
            Retired Mobile Player

Comment

Originally posted by rainxll
              其实我最终的意思是:花6小时游戏的玩家,他们的乐趣在a处;花3小时游戏的玩家,他们乐趣在b处;花1小 时游戏玩家,他们的乐趣在c处。当然这些都是不修改,不利用bug。而官方的意图是所有人在一起寻找乐趣, 这是很难实现的,而且也没有道理,就像我发帖比喻的一样,专业的nba球员不和普通爱好者一起打篮球,男人 和女人不一起打篮球,儿童不和成年人一起打篮球,但是所有的比赛都用一种规则。
              This guy actually makes sense! I agree with whatever you said. The problem for developers is that they have no way to know who is a genuine player and who is "outsourcing" gem farming.

Comment

I still don't get it why it should be a good idea to limit ad's for any player here? Whales will still buy Event packages and will still perform way better than others. The unlimited ability to generate gems without putting amounts of cash into the game was the last fair thing for me. When you limit ad's, than don't make legendary essence boxes and these things available in Events. I still feel like April pranked..
                left the game

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                  I still don't get it why it should be a good idea to limit ad's for any player here? Whales will still buy Event packages and will still perform way better than others. The unlimited ability to generate gems without putting amounts of cash into the game was the last fair thing for me. When you limit ad's, than don't make legendary essence boxes and these things available in Events. I still feel like April pranked..
                  Simple, without the daily ad limit, I can run a bot and collect 10,000 gems a day 24/7. So I can outspend most whales with the ability to dump 140k gems per league or 420k gem per ANB cycle. Would you like to compete with me? If you feel that's fair competition, then look me up in a First Person Shooter game that I will use aimbot against you.

Anyway a few cheats always ruin the fun for the rest of us. I see this daily ad limit being squarely aimed at the botters. Although a weekly 300 ad limit might be better, if it's as easy to implement as the daily limit, as some others have suggested.

Now one open issue that is yet to be addressed... "Trial Mulligan". Is there any solution on the table for that before the next ANB? Personally I think a 2min or even 5min penalty for any unofficial exit from trial map would nicely fix this issue. Before players with questionable network signal quality howl in protest, perhaps a grace limit of 5 per league. It's hard to argue someone ISN'T trying to game the system if their unofficial exit trial numbers go beyond that in a timed event. Adrian (Developer) ?

Btw much props for implementing those changes. I must say that my heart sunk a little when the final Gold LB was released. I had just a small hope that certain things will be patched. This is a huge step in the right direction I believe.

GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
                    Now one open issue that is yet to be addressed... "Trial Mulligan". Is there any solution on the table for that before the next ANB? Personally I think a 2min or even 5min penalty for any unofficial exit from trial map would nicely fix this issue. Before players with questionable network signal quality howl in protest, perhaps a grace limit of 5 per league. It's hard to argue someone ISN'T trying to game the system if their unofficial exit trial numbers go beyond that in a timed event.
                    What make you think they're not using the "official exit", aka "Abandon Trial" method? It's the "in addition to" steps that makes it an exploit.

Clarifying edit: Abandoning trials is NOT an exploit. The exploit may use that method though...

It's hard to be clear without explaining what the exploit actually is. Comment is mainly in reponse to attempting to catch exploiters by tracking "unofficial exits", which in my opinion won't work...

--- edit end.

Adding the penalty will hurts legitimate players who exit unofficially (via crashes and such, those ads...), and is not guanranteed to catch the exploiters...

Sorry for borderlining "discussing exploit" publicly...
                    Last edited by Nhat; 04-12-2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

JIMHO, if they abandon via abandon button, its not an exploit, its a clear feature option to leave a level.

That said, i really doubt people are spending four event hours abandoning, mulliganning only works if you're exploiting the clock. Sure you can go in, slaughter the first mob and abandon in three seconds. You now need 1200 starts to.burn a hour of event time. Not happening. Pull the group of mobs, slaughter and abandon? Sure, what are at? Twemty seconds? Where's the line between just first mob and abandoning when the boss appears?

Ironically, the more discussion we have dancing around the exploits and more tips and tricks people discuss for advancing rapidly in ANB or things that theyve done in ANB, JIMHO, the more obvious how fundamentally broken is ANB. It seems the only people actually playing the game in ANB are those not getting the Celestials. The rest of us are micromanaging a very small aspect of the game and then throwing gems at further accelerating that micromangement.

​​​​​​Reading the boards is steadily making me more jaded on game.
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

This world is impossible to have a fair and pure
                        Is that going to limit the PC?

Comment

Just to add my 2cents to the OP's analogy.

I have no problems whatsoever with people using "fast leveling" techniques (such as CoW, first-pack-abandon-repeat, Town Portal tricks, etc.) in ANBs. Such is part of mastery of the game, and makes total sense to do it within fair rules of competition. Some can, some can't. That's fine.

What I do have problems with is, different rules for different people. In the original analogy, it would be the NBA team being challenged by another team of professional players - also pros, just not as "prominent" - but during the match:

NBA team is allowed physical contact, for the other team it's a fault.
                          NBA team gets 4 points for shooting from outside the basket area, for the other team it's the conventional 3.
                          NBA team can dictate if the game clock stops or keeps counting when they make a subsitution, ball leaves court, etc. For the other team, clock always stops.

That is the problem here. There are rules in ANB that control what you can do. If you spend X hours gaining XP in trials, your event timer is supposed to discount those same X hours. Random Set Item milestone rewards are supposed to be random, not custom-fit tailored items. You cannot reforge more than 1 stat on an item. Etc. etc.

If some can bend those rules, and others can't (or choose not to), well, surely the first group will dominate every ANB. And not by their skill.

Comment

What make you think they're not using the "official exit", aka "Abandon Trial" method? It's the "in addition to" steps that makes it an exploit.

Adding the penalty will hurts legitimate players who exit unofficially (via crashes and such, those ads...), and is not guanranteed to catch the exploiters...

Sorry for borderlining "discussing exploit" publicly...
                            I cannot see why abandoning a bad trial would qualify as an exploit? I've had to do it often when starting very close to a powerful elite group and dying repeatedly.

Comment

The most unfair thing of Eternium is that mobile players have to compete with PC player .

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

I cannot see why abandoning a bad trial would qualify as an exploit? I've had to do it often when starting very close to a powerful elite group and dying repeatedly.
                                It's not, sorry for not being clear.

It's when the normal trial abandon is combined with "something" else, to make it an exploit...

The response was with respect to arionthe's suggestion for the tracking, which in my view wouldn't have worked anyway, due to the nature of the exploit being used.

Comment

Working...
                                X