No announcement yet.

1.3.46 Google Beta - Release Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, there is imbalance between PC and mobile, you can either accept it or not (ie. go play another game), same with the ability to buy things with money.

Suggestions on potential ways to help balance things would also be appreciated, but it's ultimately up to the dev team how they want to take the game - complains help point out the issue, I suppose...

Imbalance exists, but they in no way justify using bugs/exploits in order to "balance things out", or "find your own fun" - there wasn't anything stopping pc users from using these exploits either, nor paying players.

Edit:
    And yes, there have been other offline-only games where I have, and still do, "make my own fun". But in those, my actions affects no one. Ah, the good old days of BG2 modding, published what I made and was taking requests for minor things for a while too

While Eternium doesn't have pvp, the Leaderboard enables a competition of sort among the players and obviously ranking during ANB matters. For every ill-gotten rank, one legitimate player missed out!
    Last edited by Nhat; 04-11-2019, 11:55 PM.
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Just reading the debate in this thread, even with many things unspoken, it is so obvious this game is still broken.

Please fix the broken parts of this game.
      At least try.
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
        Just reading the debate in this thread, even with many things unspoken, it is so obvious this game is still broken.

Please fix the broken parts of this game.
        At least try.
        Unfortunately, the not speaking of what shall not be spoken is, IMHO, becoming a bigger driver of frustration than the exploits. I realize the devs don't want the discussion out there on things they cant prevent, but it already is. It also prevents the discussion between what i'll call intended play, targeted play, enhanced play, exploit and flat out cheat. It fuels the advantage animosity cropping up on the boards about PC versus Mobile. It fuels the frustration with ANB rankings. While I applaud the devs effort on closing holes there are still several Elephants in plain view.

Comment

When is 1.3.46 (non-beta) expected to go live? I'm worried about updating my profile on Windows and being unable to play on mobile afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
            When is 1.3.46 (non-beta) expected to go live? I'm worried about updating my profile on Windows and being unable to play on mobile afterwards.
            As far as I am aware, it's been live since "yesterday" (depending on your timezone).

If you want to be safe in the future, you can leave the Beta program for the game via thr Play Store - beta are currently only available on Android.

Comment

My android mobile version got updated to 1.3.46 yesterday. When it updated there was a notice about new update may not sync with my older Windows version, and that I could pass on installing mobile update for now. Since I've only played on PC a couple of times, and my android tablet is my main game device, I didn't really pay attention to the message, and went ahead with update to new android version. Haven't tried playing on PC since mobile update so I don't know what issues might arise there, yet!

Comment

My iOS (iPad) and Android phone were updated this morning.
                ZIWO WAWO QALE 0686
                CL1831 — Mobile only (iPad >>> Android phone)
                Dyoma’s Crown: 355

Hirza: Assault BH — XP farmer
                Sesuvi: ELR/GMC Mage — TL120
                Evicis: Defender/Blackguard Warrior — TL117
                Anrin: Assault/Tesla BH — TL118
                Sathena: Arcanist Mage — gold farmer

Comment

What happens to mistery boxes after we get 50 ads in a day? Do they stop showing at all, or do we still get the other regular prizes?

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post

Simple, without the daily ad limit, I can run a bot and collect 10,000 gems a day 24/7. So I can outspend most whales with the ability to dump 140k gems per league or 420k gem per ANB cycle. Would you like to compete with me? If you feel that's fair competition, then look me up in a First Person Shooter game that I will use aimbot against you.

Anyway a few cheats always ruin the fun for the rest of us. I see this daily ad limit being squarely aimed at the botters. Although a weekly 300 ad limit might be better, if it's as easy to implement as the daily limit, as some others have suggested.

Now one open issue that is yet to be addressed... "Trial Mulligan". Is there any solution on the table for that before the next ANB? Personally I think a 2min or even 5min penalty for any unofficial exit from trial map would nicely fix this issue. Before players with questionable network signal quality howl in protest, perhaps a grace limit of 5 per league. It's hard to argue someone ISN'T trying to game the system if their unofficial exit trial numbers go beyond that in a timed event. Adrian (Developer) ?

Btw much props for implementing those changes. I must say that my heart sunk a little when the final Gold LB was released. I had just a small hope that certain things will be patched. This is a huge step in the right direction I believe.
                    I can only take me as an example. I was able to reach the Top 10 in the ANBs with 5-15k gems spend. I couldn't get to higher ranks with 40k more gems. But with the new update, I won't be able to gain this ammount of gems. So the whales will beat me just because of the update. This is my only problem and the reason why I think it's a big move to p2w, as long as we can buy Event packages..
                    left the game

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

I can only take me as an example. I was able to reach the Top 10 in the ANBs with 5-15k gems spend. I couldn't get to higher ranks with 40k more gems. But with the new update, I won't be able to gain this ammount of gems. So the whales will beat me just because of the update. This is my only problem and the reason why I think it's a big move to p2w, as long as we can buy Event packages..
                      You can always sit one out (i.e. settle for Top100 or so) and invest for Top10 alternatingly. Especially if they rotate the medals given in each Tier, all that paying would obtain you is the masturbatory satisfaction of being top10 every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

I wonder if the ad-view limit was in response the devs knowing how few in the top 100 actually bought the $49.99 or $99.99 event boosters or even the $29.99 booster? Given the bugs and exploits that are being exposed in recent posts I seriously doubt PTW being used.

JIMHO, the alleged portal/singularity exploit isn't an exploit anymore, it's pushed so far you might as well just hack the code.

You made TL107, how many gems to reasonably get thru TL90 in Gold League? How many more trying to get high enough cuz your competing against cheats and botted gems?

It's an important question, because i suspect real PTW isn't the issue, sans the ability to dump 15K gems at it how low will #1 spot fall in Gold? I don't think we will find out because I suspect there's piles of questionably gained gems so it's variation of PTW, the effect is the same they're just passing counterfeit money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

You can always sit one out (i.e. settle for Top100 or so) and invest for Top10 alternatingly. Especially if they rotate the medals given in each Tier, all that paying would obtain you is the masturbatory satisfaction of being top10 every time.
                          I like to be good and able to compete with other good players. That's all. When I can obtain medals for end up in Top 10, which give me better stats in total, than I want to get them as my goal. Everything was good before. Now I need to sit out Events or pay amounts of money to be as good as I was before the update.
                          And no, I don't masturbate because of my ranking?! I play a game, I want to be good in what I do. Where's the problem
                          Last edited by Outlaw; 04-15-2019, 08:42 PM.
                          left the game

Comment

How is the ad-limit working for you all? I seem to be getting only about a dozen early morning before boxes stop dropping. then after a long while I may get one or two more. Later in the day I may get a few more, but then again they stop showing after a while, even if I switch devices back and forth. I believe I have seen no more than 25-30 ads today, but I did get some late night yesterday, so I'm thinking maybe ads do not refresh all at once at mdnight, but instead each one refreshes precisely 24 hours after it was shown?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
                              How is the ad-limit working for you all? I seem to be getting only about a dozen early morning before boxes stop dropping. then after a long while I may get one or two more. Later in the day I may get a few more, but then again they stop showing after a while, even if I switch devices back and forth. I believe I have seen no more than 25-30 ads today, but I did get some late night yesterday, so I'm thinking maybe ads do not refresh all at once at mdnight, but instead each one refreshes precisely 24 hours after it was shown?
                              I suspect that you are seeing the normal serving settings. Advertisers want to hit the most susceptible audiences at the best time. They are also willing to pay for a specific amount of "air" time. Imagine if there are 20 advertisers who all want to hit the same demographic at the same time. The serving group might then change the "cost" in order to control the demand.

I believe that this is separate from the imposed limiting which has started. (Only kicks in after your quota reaches 50?)

BTW: This limit of 50 must certainly reduce revenue as well. Imagine if the use of an exploit had caused 1000 more Ads per person per day to be served, with the ensuing "per Ad" revenue. Now that revenue is capped at 50 per user per day...

Comment

Funny thing is, I'm seeing a lot more ads than "usual" recently - maybe since the botters are not taking them all, us casual players are finally getting them

Ads peak and drop over time, I've played for weeks only seeing 1-2, and then 3+ per map at other times. Nothing as consistent as others here and on Discord - I turn off personalised ads and pretty much all personal info related stuff, so maybe that's affecting things...

On another note, was finally able to played Act 4, except Underworld, on my phone - so definitely appeared to have been some performance improvements lately, thank you. Finished Underworld on wife's phone, haha.
                                Last edited by Nhat; 04-16-2019, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X