No announcement yet.

1.3.46 Google Beta - Release Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have gotten maybe 10 ads the whole day so far, all of them early morning. Not a single ad after getting back from work; only a single mistery box with one gem inside, that's all I got from the last 10 story levels or so, apart from the occasional gem drop.

EDIT: I started getting some adboxes right after posting here. Forum shows time of posting at 12:04 AM (GMT), although it was only 9 PM for me. I'm starting to think maybe ads refresh exactly at 12:00 AM GMT (not midnight local time). That could explain why I seem to be getting most ads late night, a few early morning, and then nothing for the rest of the day.

Please post your own observations here so we can derive better conclusions
    Last edited by MarkHark; 04-17-2019, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

I suspect that you are seeing the normal serving settings. Advertisers want to hit the most susceptible audiences at the best time. They are also willing to pay for a specific amount of "air" time. Imagine if there are 20 advertisers who all want to hit the same demographic at the same time. The serving group might then change the "cost" in order to control the demand.

I believe that this is separate from the imposed limiting which has started. (Only kicks in after your quota reaches 50?)

BTW: This limit of 50 must certainly reduce revenue as well. Imagine if the use of an exploit had caused 1000 more Ads per person per day to be served, with the ensuing "per Ad" revenue. Now that revenue is capped at 50 per user per day...
      Maybe I misunderstood something, so please don't get me wrong.. But I was able to reach the Top10 with about 15k gems spend. So if I would be able to spend 40k gems more, I still would be in Top10..

Some People were maybe using exploits.. So every other player gets a punishment because of that? I still don't understand this new update..
      Last edited by Outlaw; 04-19-2019, 07:29 AM.
      left the game

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
        What happens to mistery boxes after we get 50 ads in a day? Do they stop showing at all, or do we still get the other regular prizes?
        I get some nifty fragments of the ad viewer selection box on/behind light producing thing, whatever you coders call it.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X