This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
    ...should disable auto-update and take this advantage...
    I am unaware that there is the option to "disable auto-update" under iOS. (But I am at 1.4.13, in any case...)

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
      I guess this is what happens when an update is rushed out without being properly beta tested.
      The interaction of changes with other "stable" parts of a program can be insidious. Sometimes programmers will "copy-paste" sections of code from one module to another. These duplicates are not always recorded and tracked, so a change to one copy of the code fragment might not address the action of another copy. Properly commented code and version control can help this process, but I am guessing that Eternium contains more than 100 lines! :-)

Lots of folks will identify such inadvertent "exploits" on this Forum or Discord to see if others have seen the same thing. Unfortunately, the very best of Release Notes will not identify all of the developers' offerings, nor do they necessarily want to do so (ex: Easter eggs). The difficulty for us is differentiating which things are "hidden" bonus rewards and which were unplanned errors (bugs). It might be inappropriate for every undocumented "find" to be considered an exploit. Certainly, once it has been identified as such on Discord and the Forum, its continued use is probably exploitative.

Comment

Working...
      X