Apologies for the recent screw-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies for the recent screw-ups

As most of you are aware, the latest Eternium updates had some major bugs. Please accept my apologies for all the inconvenience caused by these errors.

During seasons launch players were able to collect celestial essences from chests or monsters. That was unintended, celestials are supposed to be a reward for good performance in events.
    Unfortunately the bug-fix, removing extra celestial essences and reverting celestials, came with an even nastier bug - legacy level 70 celestials being reverted without a reason. Haste makes waste I guess.

To make up for it, we are going to check our database for past event participations and find a way to properly reward players affected by this bug.

“A New Beginning #3” went out in flames with 2 major errors:
    Scores were being posted on the Season leaderboards instead of the event boards.
    Ephemeral jewelry were rare again *gasp*

While the fix for issue #1 was easy, it did require a new client version to be submitted to stores and the fix didn’t go live soon enough.
    Issue #2 is a lot harder to fix, since we cannot easily identify jewelry crafted with rare ephemerals. Because of that we might incorrectly identify and nerf legitimate jewelry.
    To be entirely honest, the jewelry fusion has always been a problem. Too tedious to craft, not easy to understand how to craft a perfect piece, and the results are wild. To prevent such issues into the future we are planning to streamline the jewelry crafting and bring it in line with the standard item crafting.

For the event screw-ups we’ll send some extra rewards to the top 500 players.

To avoid such issues we plan to test new releases more thoroughly before going live with them. ANB Silver will also be delayed as well, no ETA for now.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Wow. Great to hear, especially for people who lost legitimate celestial essences.

Also, Jewelry fusing streamlined is a dream! Thanks in advance!

Comment

Thank you for communicating with us.
      This is very much appreciated.

Please keep up with your playerbase and share some insights now and then.
      Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Bronze2: #62 Warrior (Dekay) TL118
      Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
      Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131

Comment

Thanks for posting, Adrian, much appreciated, always.

You missed a minor "bug" (?), which was the second Bronze Celestial cube not generating a level 71 item as had been stated. Would like to know what you plan for Silver and Gold.

As I suggested on Discord, I feel the T80 Celestial should remain a level 70 piece across all leagues (to make it progressively harder to reach T100, as intended), while the T100 Celestial could benefit from being a level 74 item in Bronze and Silver and a level 75 in Gold, to retain the appeal and interest of each of the 3 leagues.

Comment

This is all players ask for, just a few words. You need not be apologetic, just communicate.

Also request you to please think about inviting a few people for testing a closed beta. We really want to help.

Comment

Thanks for the post!
            I'm interested to know what the plan is for end of season. I would suggest making the season longer so we aren't playing ANB Gold during season end. I think at least 1-2 weeks after Gold to finish the season would be ideal, so we can plan out our pushing strategies and finalize our gear and then spend some time pushing. I have been looking forward to dedicating some time to season end for the whole season, and having to split attention between that and ANB Gold would be disappointing.
            Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
            Teran - CL2000

Comment

What ShotDead said (although I appreciate the apologies & think you struck just the right tone here). Excited about new developments like the jewelry crafting redesign! Please continue to share with us whatever you feel comfortable sharing. Would love to see any news or demos of progress on the Unreal port. Love the game & wish you and Eternium much success!

Comment

Thanks for the candor and apology. Please entertain limited testing base on dev server with private discord channel for feedback.
                Dyoma Crown
                Dyoma Crown Total: 404

Mage: 140
                Warrior (SW): 138
                BH: 126

Warrior (DW): 125

Comment

What Cyraph , ShotDead and orion_134 said.
                  Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
                  Ravenstar - BH (Stalker), T115+
                  Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
                  Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner), T100+
                  Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner), T115+
                  Rageon - Warrior, T75

Comment

Being straightforward, admitting one's mistakes and letting us know of what's about to happen goes a long way. So does listening to the community's feedback. You should really try doing this more often.

Comment

More than a few of us have expressed a willingness to do a short duration beta of events prior to release. Please take advantage of your willing player base to make the game experience better for everyone, player and developer alike.

Comment

Two things:

1. Please test your fixes thoroughly before releasing it into the live server. Players losing their celestials (obtained long ago), as an unintended side effect of this fix, is just too much of a mess-up.

2. Never rush to start an ANB event, no matter what! Again, test thoroughly before pushing it into live. If it was released to appease the players (because of issue #1), please don't do that again. I'd rather prefer a post acknowledging issues #1 and a promise of a fix, than something like the past event.

I still had hope that you'd respond eventually. This is a game that works well, and doesn't have major bugs that affect gameplay. Seeing how the team behind it keeps adding new features, I haven't lost trust in the developers.

​​​​​​Hope I don't get my non-ephemeral jewelry nerfed from the jewelry fix!

Edit: Just saw the part where you said new releases will be tested thoroughly. That's great!

Comment

What RockDoc said 2
                          Last edited by LodWig; 08-23-2019, 07:35 PM.
                          Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen)

Comment

Thanks for this clarifying post. And take your time with Silver, its fine as long as it is bug free.
                            Resetting signature. . . .

LIBI YEHU WAQE 1155

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
                              Thanks for the post!
                              I'm interested to know what the plan is for end of season. I would suggest making the season longer so we aren't playing ANB Gold during season end. I think at least 1-2 weeks after Gold to finish the season would be ideal, so we can plan out our pushing strategies and finalize our gear and then spend some time pushing. I have been looking forward to dedicating some time to season end for the whole season, and having to split attention between that and ANB Gold would be disappointing.
                              I’m confused about dedicating time to season end? Once you finish all the rewards you’re pretty much done with the season 1 exp and rewards correct? Or am I missing a key point?

Comment

Working...
                              X