• Show
Clear All

• Wolf86PL
    replied
    Pay Travis more! God dammit!

Leave a comment:

• Tempest1503
    replied
    I consider myself a top25 player, reaching that placement or better in the past 3 anb leagues and last season. This isn't any bragging here just for better classification of the following feedback and suggestions. First time played the game about 3 years ago, took a long break then. Returned about 8 month ago and played very frequently since then.

Crafting

I really like to hear that after trying to compete with my lvl72 shield against players with lvl75+!
    Making all crafts ephemeral and highly reducing costs sounds like a decent fix. I'd suggest to add some kind of material/currency bank during anb then, recording farmed mats/currencies to hand them out at the end of the event. That way crafting expenses aren't only "wasted" on anb (as all crafts will disappear after the event) and we'll also get to use the farmed mats for season.

Medal Rewards

Quoting Cereblon on discord regarding this,
    People without medals complain how Op they are. People with medals complain how worthless they are.
    Personally i don't think impact of medals is too big with their diminishing returns. Disabling them in events would make them completely worthless and remove any incentive trying to compete on ANB leaderboards, unless you add different rewards. Although is my opinion having at least 3 medals each. But to make anb a completely even playing field you would have to make even more major changes, like reducing the impact of gems and crafting RNG even more.

Celestrial Rewards

Sounds good to me.

Trial Difficulty

I didn't have trouble reaching TL100 in gold, should be way easier to get it in bronze/silver. But i also heard a lot of people having trouble to reach it in time. Don't really have an opinion on that part, I'd be fine with how it is right now, but wouldn't mind getting them earlier either.

Edit: Just noticed Radz suggestion on higher xp bonus during anb, i like that idea especially with new trial difficulty. It would make it easier to reach TL100 reward as well.
    Last edited by Tempest1503; 11-25-2019, 05:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Anjaeka
    replied
    “Ephemeral Crafting”..... All I can say is that you’d better make it REALLY cheap. Spending time and resources on something that is going to vanish after the event does not excite me. Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy crafting gear, but the expense is prohibitive. Also, you’d better make sure that those “Ephemeral Crafts” are truly deleted OR converted back into resources after the event. We’ve seen the cluster f*** that happens when those items get used by the regular accounts.

“Medal Rewards”... Personally, I’m getting pretty sick and tired of my stuff getting nerfed. I earned those rewards. Leave them be. HOWEVER, they definitely need to be removed from ANB. One of my biggest complaints about this game is that I bust my butt and invest time/resources into my characters only to have it become worthless. We need MORE incentives in this game, not less.

Trial difficulty is definitely an issue with this current update. If you make crafting temporary gear CHEAP during ANB, the TL 100 for a CT isn’t going to be too high.

I want to add add a suggestion here. The lack of good drops at lower trial levels and the scarcity of greater BOL’s during ANB has got to change.

Finally, improved communication is critical. I/we all appreciate you making this post and the one previous about proposed changes and input. It’s a step in the right direction, but more is needed. The miscommunication about the 2 hour time increase was an absolute disaster and completely unfair to Travis. Y’all left us hanging and got several players genuinely pissed off while Travis was left holding the bag. Not cool.

You guys really need to utilize the in game mail to communicate with us. Depending on the forum and discord for second/third hand information is unreliable at best.

Leave a comment:

• Burgeoso
    replied
    Please don’t make trials easier or lower the TL for rewards. This ANB was one of best I’ve played (for me, I know others had a different experiences due to bugs). I was on the edge of my seat the whole time 2nd guessing every decision I made if it was the right one to hit TL100. It cost me a lot, but I got to TL102 and had a blast. The adrenaline of knowing I couldn’t screw up a single level or decision made it way more fun than just rolling through and winning with ease.

Leave a comment:

• Radz
    replied
    Ephemeral Crafting + Celestial Transform sounds perfect for ANBs.
    Additional suggestion: Ephemeral Crafted items should all have equal attribute values to avoid the luck factor of getting Perfect value. This will also prevent the crafting exploits.
    All ANB players will have almost equal stats and attributes. it's up to the players where to use their Celestial Transforms to achieve that Perfect Value on their desired items.
    Everyone will be at equal stand point in terms of Crafting/Items, the results of their performance during ANBs will be solely base on their own decisions and not by crafting luck.

Ephemeral Celestial Orbs may also be a good idea?

General improvement on EXP gain or make ANB triple or quadruple bonus exp?
    Last edited by Radz; 11-25-2019, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Lamine
    commented on 's reply
    "As for the change in trial difficulty many are still curious about the reasoning behind that change. Care to explain?" - oh, yes! I still wait for an answer to a question that I posted like 2 or 3 weeks ago...

• Christian Lamine
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
    ...and proposed a set of changes to solve them:

[...]

Trial difficulty
    Maybe the TL 100 with the new trial difficulty curve is too high for the second celestial. On the other hand we want celestials to be somewhat of an achievement, hence the difficulty to obtain them.
    But yes, it was a screw-up we didn't announce the trial difficulty changes before the season#2 started. As you might have noticed we are really trying not to make the ANBs a money grab. That's why we introduced free ephemeral jewelry and items. The trial difficulty increase was not introduced to increase revenue and if you are curious about it, it didn't.
    So, what's the proposed change here? Turn down difficulty again? "Relocate" the second celestial to a lower level?

Leave a comment:

• Fish knife
    replied
    Hi Adrian,

I like the idea of ephemeral crafting during ANB . But you spoke rather generally of "events". Does that mean this change would also apply to season events? That would be a mistake imho....

Nerfing the bonuses from medals would greatly reduce the incentive to get them in the first place. Why should I then push for a high position in the leaderboards? Disabling the bonuses during ANB might be a solution.

As for the change in trial difficulty many are still curious about the reasoning behind that change. Care to explain?

Also, I really appreciate your efforts to evolve and improve the game and that you give us players the opportunity to discuss changes and give some input. However, may I suggest that you devote some time and energy to fixing some of the more annoying bugs? You may have noticed that ANB Gold #3 has left quite a few people angry and frustrated...

Leave a comment:

• Adrian (Developer)
    started a topic Proposed ANB changes draft #1 [discussion]

Proposed ANB changes draft #1 [discussion]

Thanks everyone for the feedback provided in the previous thread.

I've identified a couple of major issues and proposed a set of changes to solve them:

Crafting
    High level items obtained from crafting are too big an advantage and luck is too big a factor. Especially when certain players find a way to improve the luck by exploiting bugs. Even after the latest fixes, with players being forced to be online while crafting, some people still found a way to abuse it. Let me put it this way: the chances to get a perfect level 77 weapon from only 16 crafts is abysmally low - players detected using this exploit will not get a rank reward.

Solution: Ephemeral Crafting. During events all items crafted are ephemeral, they’ll expire when the event ends. Crafting costs will be greatly reduced. We think that crafting is a fun part of the game and being able to craft cheap items will level the playing field. You will also get to experiment a lot more with crafting and various builds, we see this as an added bonus.

Medal Rewards
    Many players have complained that medals make veteran players stronger during ANBs. We wanted the medals to be more of a symbolic reward for performing during events, hence the diminishing returns set in place for accumulating them. Maybe the minor stat improvements are too strong. As a solution we can nerf the bonuses and disable them during events.

Celestial Rewards
    As you suggested, players should be able to use the celestial transforms awarded during the event and receive them via mailbox after the event ends. I think this combines well with ephemeral crafting.

Trial difficulty
    Maybe the TL 100 with the new trial difficulty curve is too high for the second celestial. On the other hand we want celestials to be somewhat of an achievement, hence the difficulty to obtain them.
    But yes, it was a screw-up we didn't announce the trial difficulty changes before the season#2 started. As you might have noticed we are really trying not to make the ANBs a money grab. That's why we introduced free ephemeral jewelry and items. The trial difficulty increase was not introduced to increase revenue and if you are curious about it, it didn't.

Waiting for your feedback on these changes.
Working...
X