X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one that doesn't like the idea of a pay to play event

Comment

I like ANB the way it is, the only thing I can suggest is increase item Level of Eph Epic( Lv71~73) and Cbox(Lv75) items.
      "...Mobile xx(only)xx also.. (Samsung Galaxy J6)..."

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post
        Am I the only one that doesn't like the idea of a pay to play event
        Same here, I would not pay to play ANB ... ANB is the only way to earn CT, it should remain free. Would feel like buying a pack of 2 CT for 5$.

Originally posted by Kirel View Post
        I like ANB the way it is, the only thing I can suggest is increase item Level of Eph Epic( Lv71~73) and Cbox(Lv75) items.
        Also increase the books of learning drop and legendary set drop, it's hard with new TL difficulty to farm TL80-100 fast during ANB.

Comment

I'm just a medium level player, but I thought I'd weigh in with my thoughts.

First of all, let me say that I greatly enjoy playing the game and I find the ANB events particularly enjoyable. As someone said upthread, there's something about taking a new character and seeing how far and fast you can go.

Secondly, it is very encouraging that the folks at Dream Primer are aware that there are problems and are looking for feedback on possible ways to solve them. For those people harping about bugs, I'd respectfully suggest that most have no freaking clue how incredibly complex it is to code a game like this. And the developers have to manage not only the regular game, but three different types of special events. I think they do a pretty amazing job, warts and all. Better communication, on the other hand, is needed. If something is affecting play right now, then either send a message to everybody's mailbox in the game or have Alarion announce it. Don't rely on a posting on Discord or even this forum to disseminate important information. It's not fair to players who don't frequent Discord or read every post here.

As far as what has been proposed, I think there are several important points.

1) Crafting IS fun, as Adrian said. Even with the randomness of it. In fact, the randomness is part of what makes it fun. If you knew exactly how good the piece you were crafting was going to be, then it would just be a business transaction. What would NOT be fun is spending a ton of gems (as I did on Gold) and then losing the Level 76 Integralas I was lucky enough to craft, because it was ephemeral. I spent approximately 14,000 gems and some real money, and was rewarded with 1 Celestial cube and 2 or 3 nice pieces of gear. Without all of those pieces, there would be little incentive for me to spend what I did. The idea of keeping the 2 best pieces is OK, but I think you need to go further.

2) Not having previously earned medals be in effect is, I think, the right way to go. For those players squawking that they earned those medals and they should benefit from them, well, that is what the regular game is for. Imagine if, in the Olympics, competitors who had won medals in previous events got a 5 second head-start over those who had not had previous wins. I think you can see that that would not be fair and would quickly discourage most of the athletes.

3) Going hand in hand with the medals is the absurd number of Champion Levels that some players are able to garner in 6 hours of play. To my understanding this is because they are not actually playing the game, they are gaming the game. Tactics like beginning a level, killing whatever you can kill in a couple of seconds, then bailing. And repeating that ad-nauseam. That is emphatically NOT playing the game, in my opinion. I have no interest in doing that, I would not find it fun, and I do not think it should be allowed. Experience should only be granted when one completes the victory conditions for the level. An exception could and probably should be made for a player pushing a level he or she has not previously beat and who dies in the attempt. As a side benefit, this would also solve the issue of the leveling up graphic being annoying.

4) As long as we are talking about medals, why are they only rewarded for Trial Level achievements? Some people have suggested rewarding players for playing the story. Why not have a series of medals for those who complete the story in the least time? Again, some effort would need to be made to discourage players from simply sprinting from start to finish on every map. I'd suggest requiring the completion of every story-line quest, as well as either killing 90% of the enemies on the map or opening every un-locked chest (and waiting for the proceeds to fly to the character before jumping back to town).

You could even award medals for simply completing the story line. In the military, medals are not only awarded for acts of individual bravery in battle. They get awarded also for things like rating sharp-shooter in training, for participating in a campaign, for being part of a unit that accomplishes something special. Granted a Campaign Medal or Unit Citation is not as prestigious as a Medal Of Honor or Bronze Star, but they are medals and they are part of what each service member wears to tell others who they are and what they have accomplished.

5) Personally, I would be OK with the idea of a small entry fee for the events. I've always felt that the developers deserve to get paid, and paid pretty well, for their work. On the other hand, I do understand that even $5 may be a stretch for some people. Perhaps a compromise could be found where some events have an entry fee and others don't. But paid events would need to have a level playing field.

6) With the increase in item levels, I agree that a level 70 Celestial Box is pretty disappointing. The idea of awarding Celestial Transforms instead is good. Or Perhaps a Level 75 C-box for beating Trial 80 and a Level 77 for beating Trial 100 would be the right balance.

7) Some people have suggested two sets of ephemeral jewelry. I think that is OK as long as the first set is awarded early enough that it would be useful in leveling up the character. Or perhaps the ephemeral jewelry could grow with the character, eliminating the need to craft several sets along the way. One could use the same set for the entire event, emphasizing Experience and Extra Gold while leveling up then reforging for combat attributes for the final push. Of course then one would have to be able to re-forge jewelry...

Along these lines, another thing that would help is if the gear items rewarded for Story Line quests had Experience or Extra Gold as one of their attributes. As they currently exist, they are good for a brand new player with his first character. For ANB, they are just items to salvage for crafting materials.

Well, I've spent enough time typing. It's time to go to bed.

Let me know what you think...
          Last edited by Ubba Lothbrokson; 11-28-2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            Some very good ideas!

+1 on awarding XP only after completing a trial or story board map. It seems cowardly to bail on an incomplete map.
            Medals should be a regular game feature, ANB characters should not "share" medals.
            I do not see the benefit of having a second set of ephemeral jewelry; it seems lazy to expect the game to provide everything. Build your own XP jewelry and save the ephemeral jewelry for pushing trials, or use the ephemeral jewelry for XP set and craft a push set later once you build up more materials.

p.s. - You cannot "craft" ephemeral gear, aside from the level 70 epic boxes. If you lost a piece that you crafted, that sounds like a bug to me.

• Ubba Lothbrokson
            Ubba Lothbrokson commented
            Editing a comment
            If you are referring to "losing the level 76 Integralas", I did not lose it.

I was saying that if the proposed change to all items in ANB being ephemeral was enacted, anyone crafting a nice piece like that would be very upset to lose it. The incentive to try and to spend resources to do so would be gone.

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh,I missed that. I would not like crafted gear or gear drops to be ephemeral; only the gear from the E-boxes.

Seconded as Ubba Lothbrokson said on cbox reward, if i'm not mistake, it's said by Tin Man that cbox has different lv based on ANB (bronze 70-71, silver 72-73, gold 74-75). After new patch applied into the game item lv have been increased. It's like set item legendary lv 77 equal to lv 75 celestial (minus vit stat). So it's better if cbox also has updated into new lv, not by CT'ed item.
          Mobile only player (exclusively Android)
          Main Mage Regalia - Pikasyt (pre patch TL 137)
          XP Arcanist Mage - Pikasyt (TL 85-90)
          Gold runner BH - Pickachu (TL 100)
          CUZE XUZE YIWO 5914

Comment

• Tin Man
            Tin Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Just to clarify.

The CBoxes being changed was announced in the v1.4.11 Release Notes here:

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...621#post140621

That link is to an archive so you have to be logged in to see the post.

They never actually changed the CBoxes. We are still stuck with the original celestials.

• Making the game harder is great but doing that and simultaneously increasing the gear to 77 defeated the purpose. Exploiters and those who no life the game won't feel the difficulty increase as they'll just have full 77 gear within a week or two after it's introduction.
          • AnB in its current form is horrendous, people play the road to andera and kill the first mobs over and over again and it's possible to reach level 70 in under 10 minutes. That's too close to an exploit imo. There should be diminishing returns for doing the same actions over and over again, also enemies from level 5 shouldn't be giving that much xp to a level 60 character. If thats the mode is about then it'll never be worth playing, if that's what you call what those players are doing. This makes the event have little to do with actual skill and more about being up on the latest exploits.
          • Crafting during anb would be great if it was cheaper, materials wise things are fine but 400k to craft a weapon when some will never see 400k during their whole anb is too much. The last empherial needs to be passed out sooner and none of the gear besides c boxes, jewelry boxes, and gemstones need to be transferred over to regular heroes. We still see bugged empherial jewelry being used by people in the regular leaderboards.
          • Cheaters need their accounts wiped out. If they come back and cheat again so be it bit they shouldn't get to hang around with the same gears and characters like nothing ever happened. I'd also like to see a leaderboard of shame within the game identifying all of the cheaters.
          • Celestial gear needs to be given out at a higher level or else just give us a Celestial essences as a reward and save us the trouble of having to salvage them. As it stands a lvl 70 celestial is garbage before its even unwrapped. If the celestial level stays the same we should receive 3 essences per salvage or a transform should cost 1 essence.
          • Medals don't need to be nerfed but definitely removed from anb. In all actuality, since you guys are running constant events with seasons and anbs, you might as well rework the medals. They should be cosmetic only or find a way to make each meal worth a max level gear. If you keep their bonuses and still want fairness, you'd have to have them disabled at all times because of the seasons. ​​

I've quit playing the game for now as I invested too much time getting good gears only to have the increase happen and cheaters that never get banned have max level items a week later. I still believe the game would be better if it implemented the changes I mentioned above.
          Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
          Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
          Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
          Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Originally posted by Ubba Lothbrokson View Post
            Experience should only be granted when one completes the victory conditions for the level. An exception could and probably should be made for a player pushing a level he or she has not previously beat and who dies in the attempt. As a side benefit, this would also solve the issue of the leveling up graphic being annoying.
            I like this idea for it's simplicity and effect, nice. The exception could be 'completes victory condition or spends 5 minutes'.

Originally posted by Ubba Lothbrokson View Post
            Why not have a series of medals for those who complete the story in the least time? Again, some effort would need to be made to discourage players from simply sprinting from start to finish on every map. I'd suggest requiring the completion of every story-line quest, as well as either killing 90% of the enemies on the map or opening every un-locked chest (and waiting for the proceeds to fly to the character before jumping back to town).
            Another great idea, this could be fun, though I doubt I'd be in the running for any medals on this front. It would be nice for all the magnetised gold etc to gather more quickly, it's a time tax on every screen but affects some screens (eg The High Road) more than others.

Comment

Originally posted by RedJiminy View Post

I like this idea for it's simplicity and effect, nice. The exception could be 'completes victory condition or spends 5 minutes'.

Another great idea, this could be fun, though I doubt I'd be in the running for any medals on this front. It would be nice for all the magnetised gold etc to gather more quickly, it's a time tax on every screen but affects some screens (eg The High Road) more than others.
              5 minutes would work too,

Agreed about The High Road. That one is annoying even in the regular game where there's no time pressure. In a similar vein, I would like to see the enemies come out MUCH faster in the cage-match levels. They are also a major time sink. I usually spend the first few moments running around the perimeter allowing the bad guys time to gather so that it will actually seem something like a fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Kirel View Post
                TL;DR Why is the community so willing to settle for Celestial Transforms? Demand level 77 Custom Celestial Items.

With all due respect, why on Earth should we only settle for level 75 Custom Celestial Items, CBox? Level 75 Celestials were announced, but not delivered, when the maximum gear level was 75. Since then the gear level has been increased to level 77. Before the maximum gear level was raised to 75 the maximum was level 70 and the CBoxes were level 70 right out the door without having to do anything.

Why is everyone so willing to roll over and accept a Celestial Transform, CT, that requires crafting or finding a piece to use? Why would we, as the customer, be willing to accept CBoxes at anything less than the maximum which is what they are supposed to be?

CBoxes worked perfectly fine prior to the maximum gear level increase to level 75. Why add complexity with gymnastics to handle Celestial Transforms during A New Beginning, ANB, events that will likely fail given the recent track record or open the door to exploits? I am a firm believer in KISS. Just keep it simple stupid.

Never having updated the CBoxes to the new maximum levels is nerfing the Celestials and I am fairly sure that the community is unified about nerfing. Giving us CTs instead of CBoxes is still nerfing Celestials while at the same time adding complexity.

Celestial Transforms favor the whales. When I say whales in this context I am referring to those that will pay real money, those that will farm like there is no tomorrow and just those that have been around long enough to have large stashes. Custom Celestial Items are an equalizer. Whether you are a new player, a seasoned veteran or a whale you all get the same benefit as soon as you get the CBox as there are no other steps to be taken.

All of these remarks are contingent upon restoring Celestials to their pinnacle status that they have lost since the change to level 75.

Additionally, Celestials were not guaranteed to a player. I endorse that getting two and even one Celestial should not be assumed an automatic gift to everyone. I mean, come on, until the recent difficulty change a player that started playing just one week prior to ANB went and pushed through Trial Level 100 receiving two Celestials in their first two weeks of ever touching the game. That a new player could have that sort of success diminished the value of Celestials.

If the community, as it seems to be doing so far, overall desires CTs instead of CBoxes then so be it. My gaming will survive either way. I just want to emphasize that we are asking to make the game more complicated with the CTs instead of less.

That Adrian (Developer) is asking for feedback is great. All discourse is well and one of the game's strengths.

Regarding the Custom Ephemeral Items, EBoxes, the same though process holds true. When they were introduced they were introduced at maximum level but were Epic and not Legendary. This made the EBoxes extremely powerful when leveling up and even meant that crafting was more of an option. Now? I do not even use them since you hit a wall with them way too soon so I just craft when I hit level 70.

Restoring EBoxes to what they used to be which would mean that they are delivered as level 77 Epics would restore the ANB system that actually worked. Players could test out configurations and worry about pushing trials rather than how to gather the resources to craft just to level up to minimal goals. Giving level 77 EBoxes, again, allows the casual player more access to ANB and does not really change what the whales will do as the whales will still want to craft everything top level Legendary. You used to be able to get those Celestials with just the Ephemerals that you were given and some drops along the way.

My vote is to do the simple coding and restore ANB and the associated rewards back to there former status with the simple modification of levels. Sure, go ahead and pursue other more complex ideas in the future but only after you fix the game so you stop alienating players and after you have thoroughly beta tested the changes and make sure you have given all that you have promised and that it works as the players expect.

First and foremost? FIX THE GAME! Once the issues causing such an uproar are taken care of, consider what value to add.
                Last edited by Tin Man; 11-29-2019, 02:27 PM.
                My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Comment

• Ozymandius
                  Ozymandius commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually with the upgrade to level 77 gear, the C-boxes in this past Gold ANB became virtually worthless. You could only replace one of the level 70 E-box gear pieces. Based on past experience, I turned my first C-box into a weapon hoping to get an upgrade, but since it only rolled a level 70 weapon, I wasn't even able to use it without a big drop in damage stats. Major disappointment!

Unless the C-boxes scale up to or near the maximum level, they are useless in the ANB and will only be "salvage" gear afterwards. Level 70 gear, especially for weapons, is completely worthless in the new game format.

• NoSuchReality
                  NoSuchReality commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed they're worthless at level 70. Making them level 77 just takes us back to the original problem when level 70 was max gear level.

It just feeds the same one config to rule them all problem. Until you get a level 77 celestial ... The devs have a lot of options, epic ephermal drops at low level, legendary ephermal drops, custom legendary boxes with uplifted base level that still can hit your crafting mastery when built and level up, allowing the crafting upgrade of a 2nd socket on a piece with one in existence, removing the 77 cap and allowing add level crafting.

So many ways they could allow us to spend our gems. Right now its horde gems to run ANBs to get the end game gear. Repeat 5 times to get gear for one hero. Repeat ad nauseam to get the CLs.
                  Last edited by NoSuchReality; 11-29-2019, 05:35 PM.

• Kirel
                  Kirel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some suggestions in this thread are excellent while few are horrible af. Well, as per definition of thread itself, I just shared my opinion as a player too. No more no less. At the end, it's all up to Devs to decide.. cheers mate! ;-)
                  Last edited by Kirel; 11-30-2019, 06:23 AM.

I have been reading this and I see that a lot of people are complaining about not having enough rewards of playing ANB. While at the same time most people complain about the Medals, and most seem to agree that Medals should not count on ANB.

I strongly disagree with that, because Medals are ANB ROI (Return Of Investment in the ANB event). While I do not have many Medals, just 1, I like the system that rewards your investment in previous ANB events while rewarding loyalty for playing the game for long time.
                Their bonus is small and has diminishing returns, but it is the only way that the game has for player fidelization.
                Yes, they give a bonus noticeable when at the beginning stages of a new character, but behind that bonus, there is a lot of investment made by the Player into it. I think they are a very good way of showing that.

If the medals only work outside of the events, they become near meaningless. To be honest, the game becomes fun with the events and the leaderboards, otherwise it gets old after you have completed the story and pushed trials around 100 and at that point, the medals are meaningless. Their value comes in the ANB events rewarding long-time players.

Comment

I have been playing over 2 years, and have supported the game with purchases. As a supposed-veteran, here are some thoughts:

- Noone wants a game that discourages new players, but there should be some benefit to being a long-time player that has spent more time in and money on, the game.
                  REWARD LOYALTY
                  ​​​​​
                  - Noone prefers pure P2W, but there should be some "reward" for supporting the game with $
                  ​​​​​​'ENCOURAGE' SPENDING WITHOUT BREAKING THE GAME

- Noone wants their hard earned (whatever) devalued by future nerfs. That's cruel and results in those veterans quitting. Only if you have lots of newbies continually joining, will that work. But, those same newbies will soon learn the same harsh lesson, and leave.
                  STOP NERFING; INSTEAD ADD VARIETY

- Noone except the guilty prefer cheaters and exploiters, and most don't like them being allowed to "win". Does anyone really believe CL2376 was achieved except through a bot? Do you really think multiple occurrences of exceedingly rare RNG is "luck"?
                  CLOSE THE LOOPHOLES

- Story mode is overlooked. Add more 'Acts' with more interesting lore, puzzles, hidden areas, Easter eggs, whatever. Give us a glimpse of Ragadan.
                  VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

• mousse
                    mousse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As an long time player, I love the idea of old timers getting a loyalty reward. But I think anything that confers of advantage during game play would cause some resentment among newer players. Something that grants recognition without affecting game play, like a Title would be how I'd go about it. The best players already get prefix title (Champion, War Hero and so on). So the title for old timers should be a suffix (the Greybeard, the Ancient, the Long Suffering) depending upon how many years we've been playing.

• lmcelhiney
                    lmcelhiney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also agree with the concept of Player Level awards. Giving a new player a reward which is essentially "ephemeral" seems reasonable. Don't nerf a reward, just allow higher-level awards as players move up. For example, if you earn a medal at Normal, it would provide one level of reward, when you have reached Legendary, it would provide a higher level of reward.

I also agree with limiting "Medal" buffs to normal, non-event play. Then it becomes an actual reward for completing an event, rather than a logarithmic benefit.

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                  STOP NERFING; INSTEAD ADD VARIETY
                  Originally posted by Coda View Post
                  Story mode is overlooked. Add more 'Acts' with more interesting lore, puzzles, hidden areas, Easter eggs, whatever.
                  I second this!

Comment

• lmcelhiney
                    lmcelhiney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There has been tremendous programming effort to create story mode. Recent improvements in in Story Mode are very welcome and show that the Developers WANT us to spend more time there (Quest System).

Improvement in Story Mode would be most welcome! All that Trial Level does is provide greater rewards (CL, drops) for greater challenges, BUT the levels are virtually all the same, just more difficult. Where is the fun in that? :-) I love the new Story Mode and would appreciate more development with that paradigm.

Simply letting us increase the difficulty of story mode and getting corresponding better exp would solve a lot of the issues with repetitive play.

Dramatically cutting the gold cost of intermediate steps (upgrading essence, improving base materials, making spirits, etc) and changing dodge from water to air would solve most of the resource issues. Increasing the chance for set items for trials 60+ (i.e. providing a source of marks of the titan) would solve most of the rest.

Display future medal values and improving ephemeral items and celestial boxes should significantly improve events.

All of these should be trivial to do.

Reinvent the wheel later.

If your intent is to encourage crafting than you need to fundamentally change the nature of ANBs, because only whales can afford to craft in a time limited environment, unless you reduce the cost of crafting which then either becomes ephemeral items which wastes resources for main account or completely devalues main account if they persist. Try the tweaks first.

Of course getting rid of the randomness and letting us craft things for a fixed value is the best option...
                  Last edited by BAgate; 12-01-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• lmcelhiney
                    lmcelhiney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Crafting was the improvement over "melding" of three items to get something better. (Similar to jewelry fusing...) Maybe the ANB shift could be to revert back to "gear fusing" to allow ANB Gold to be winnable without using "cash" of some sort.

There are inadequate amounts of gold, resources and time available to do it otherwise, even with superb time management.

For now i'm gonna wait and see what the dev team would do with all those good suggestion above .​​​​​​
                  Mobile only player (exclusively Android)
                  Main Mage Regalia - Pikasyt (pre patch TL 137)
                  XP Arcanist Mage - Pikasyt (TL 85-90)
                  Gold runner BH - Pickachu (TL 100)
                  CUZE XUZE YIWO 5914

Comment

Hi, I'm going to make my first post here because this is a topic that affects us all and I have some considerations on this topic. Why many have spoken here that you have to put a cost to the entrance of the anb? They do not realize that many players although they would like to put money into the game cannot because in their country they do not have access to such purchases, in which case I find myself, as I would get my celestials if they are taking away the option of participating in the anb for get It? They want an entrance fee, since they are gems, I don't know 2000 gems to participate in anb gold. Another issue would be because it is necessary to make everything of the anb ephemeral? Do you want to eliminate the exploiters? As it is simple, limit the elaboration of certain lv and that everything comes out with the same statistics, and it's over, you eliminate the problem of the exploiters and the anb would be based on the ability of each player. But how are you going to eliminate everything that is caught in the anb, and if I want to spend my 6 hours catching gold and gemstones or essences, how am I going to lose them, my effort in those 6 hours was worth nothing? Another thing that I have seen say here is that you have to finish a map to take all the xp of it, and what to do as many do right now that is to arrive has 1-10 kill the first two groups of enemies and leave the map, it is Being exploitative, I respect the opinion of each one, but are any rules of the game being violated? That is even for everyone, it would be bad if only a few could do it, then it would explode. In every rpg that I have played there is an area of ​​winning xp and gold that is faster than otherwise, if that is removed, it would be necessary to remove the way in which the magician takes gold in dc, that also breaks if one could say So with what some have raised. I agree that the story mode must be enhanced in some way, more acts, more bosses, more missions, a game is not so good if it does not have a good story. I also think it would be good to reward veteran players like Jose Sarmiento, Radz, etc. in some way. Well, there are some considerations that I have, I think that's why this thread was opened, so that we all give our opinions, because in the end we play Eternium for fun and we all want it to continue improving. By the way my main pj is warrior set protector is called Jhokey tl118 and if they have not reset the leaderboard I must be there. Thank you very much and greetings to all.

Comment

Working...
                    X