This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burgeoso View Post
    Please don’t make trials easier or lower the TL for rewards. This ANB was one of best I’ve played (for me, I know others had a different experiences due to bugs). I was on the edge of my seat the whole time 2nd guessing every decision I made if it was the right one to hit TL100. It cost me a lot, but I got to TL102 and had a blast. The adrenaline of knowing I couldn’t screw up a single level or decision made it way more fun than just rolling through and winning with ease.
    in what world do you live in?? If they dont nerf Trials, then there's absolutely no reason to even play Eternium ever agian. The only thing keeping me playing Eternium was because it was a challenge and at least the first Celestial item was obtainable. After they increased Trial diificulty for Gold ANB i didnt even get past TL 50. If this is what the devs see as the "new" thing to do for their game then the player base is/will continue to drop

Comment

Thanks again for the feedback, getting back to you.

Periodic item level cap increase
      Players see this as a nerf to their existing gear, and rightfully so. We’ve introduced this as a cheap way to keep veterans engaged, cheap as in development costs cheap. Introducing new set and unique items would be way better, we love this idea as well. Internally we also discussed about introducing new item slots (belt, bracers, trinkets). Extra item slots should increase build variety and reduce from the champion points advantage. Speaking of champion points advantage - item level cap raise also aimed towards reducing the gap.

Exploits
      We are closing loopholes and constantly improving our cheating detection scripts. We don’t believe in extreme RNG so we’ve removed those very lucky players from ANB#3 leaderboards.

Premium ANB
      This will be an extra ANB event, beside the free to play ones. As game designers we love the idea of a premium ANB because we can focus on the fun aspects of the game, without compromising the experience with timers, resource sinks, p2w elements. A fair competition with premium rewards. Ideally, to keep things fair, those premium rewards should not offer an advantage versus players who cannot afford participating in premium ANBs.

Ephemeral crafting
      When we said cost reduction we’ve meant an overall cost reduction (gold, essences, special mats). We’ll make it so that RNG won’t be such a crucial factor: e.g.: Optimizer perk could be greatly buffed when crafting ephemerals. If you get to convert 1 or 2 items to non-ephemerals it might become the best crafting method.

Celestial items
      I see appeals to “keep things simple” by rewarding perfect celestial items that completely bypass crafting and any investment of time/resources outside events. We don’t like the pinnacle status celestial items have right now. Why? They render everything else obsolete. Why would you craft items or play the game outside events if all you need to do is finish trial 80 & 100 during an event? Another reason we increased the item level cap was to diminish the celestial items power. Rewarding them based on rank would make them harder to obtain but it would also be an incentive for p2w / exploits.

I see celestial items as a challenge from a game design perspective, and frankly I don’t see a perfect solution yet. We’ll brainstorm more on this subject.

Comment

• lmcelhiney
        lmcelhiney commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the continued discussion and feedback!

WRT to the use of costume enhancements other than a specific slot, maybe you could examine the value of increasing some parameter based upon the use of something like a glow, aura or enhanced costume.

Since they are earned in seasons, could they have something more that cosmetic value?

---

Regarding cheating, I see that you folks have done continued improvements, though I know it is and will be a constant challenge. On the other hand, "shaming" exploitation or cheating does nothing. A "cheater" is a person, to me. As such, their entire account should be deleted rather than just a character. (It is possible that is the way that you handle it, I am unaware.) Overall, I believe that the algorithm should be tightened to take out a few "questionable" players as well, because you can always re-enable them, but you would have a greater probability of removing more "alternate rules" players.

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post

Players see this as a nerf to their existing gear, and rightfully so. We’ve introduced this as a cheap way to keep veterans engaged, cheap as in development costs cheap. Introducing new set and unique items would be way better, we love this idea as well. Internally we also discussed about introducing new item slots (belt, bracers, trinkets). Extra item slots should increase build variety and reduce from the champion points advantage. Speaking of champion points advantage - item level cap raise also aimed towards reducing the gap.

Premium ANB
      This will be an extra ANB event, beside the free to play ones. As game designers we love the idea of a premium ANB because we can focus on the fun aspects of the game, without compromising the experience with timers, resource sinks, p2w elements. A fair competition with premium rewards. Ideally, to keep things fair, those premium rewards should not offer an advantage versus players who cannot afford participating in premium ANBs.

Celestial items
      I see appeals to “keep things simple” by rewarding perfect celestial items that completely bypass crafting and any investment of time/resources outside events. We don’t like the pinnacle status celestial items have right now. Why? They render everything else obsolete. Why would you craft items or play the game outside events if all you need to do is finish trial 80 & 100 during an event? Another reason we increased the item level cap was to diminish the celestial items power. Rewarding them based on rank would make them harder to obtain but it would also be an incentive for p2w / exploits.

I see celestial items as a challenge from a game design perspective, and frankly I don’t see a perfect solution yet. We’ll brainstorm more on this subject.
      At the point of raising item level cap, I don't mind and it's still acceptable for me. I like the idea of added new set item too. As for premium AnB I'm still can't get how it will implemented on the game later, how to participate into this new AnB. Gonna wait and see for further explanation by your dev team. As for celestial item, it has been announced before bronze 3 AnB that celestial item would have increasing of lvl item based on ANB event. Untill now it still not implemented, that I'm assuming it would never implemented to the game. I hope your team could find the best option to this problem. I'm fully support what the developers team have made this game so far and I enjoyed playing this game.

Mobile only player (exclusively Android)
      Main Mage Regalia - Pikasyt (pre patch TL 137)
      XP Arcanist Mage - Pikasyt (TL 85-90)
      Gold runner BH - Pickachu (TL 100)
      CUZE XUZE YIWO 5914

Comment

Be careful of the immense disparity between regular devoted playtime to the game, *especially* amidst veterans. Some of us play 30min a day if that much, others regularly clock in 2 hours, can afford to "condense" ANB playtime to the final days, etc. What is engaging to some can be a complete burnout to others.

Maybe take a page from Intel's famous "tick tock" methodology. Until 2016, they interleaved CPU microarchitecture enhancements (tock) with fabrication process enhancements (tick) (for different reasons obv, but anyway). Applying to Eternium, you've had item level cap raise for Season 2, now:

Season 3 leave things stable (2 months is *nothing*. We waited half a year for the balance patch, and people complained and bitched and moaned and got snarky etc. But in the end, no-one left because of it. Fret though we may, time just flies by...)
        Season 4 new gear slots
        Season 5 leave things stable
        Season 6 level cap raise to 80
        Season 7 leave things stable
        Season 8 new Infernal and Abyssal items (see below)

Etc

Premium ANB
        You got this right with the season Passes I think, but I fear it's a "limited size pocket". There's only so many gems and skins and 200% XP boosters that one can accumulate. If the premium ANB offers those, it will compete against Season passes. If it offers something truly "unique", it delves into P2W land....

You could offset this a bit by offering this Premium ANB as a rare (bi-yearly maybe) reward to customers who had purchased at least one Season Pass or 2 monthly subs (or equivalently 10$/10€) since the last Premium ANB. This would make its incentive add to the Season Pass rather than "subtract" from it, and (as the Premium wouldn't really carry an active cost) "gems and skins and 200% XP boosters" would be fine as rewards. But that's about the only idea I can throw at this.

Celestial items

One of my favorite all-time quotes is famously attributed to Sid Meier, "A game is a series of interesting choices". I think the problem with Celestials (the root problem) is that their extra stat and near-perfect roll makes them either outright better than "anything else" beyond a certain level (75+, except for Weapons), or simply inferior to what you can craft (C70 vs. L74+, the L74+ wins). No choice involved.

How about adding variation of the "special" (Celestial) property? You could have:

Celestial items with +90 (+140) Vitality
        Infernal items, with +20% to all stat values, but each one equipped incurs a small continuous DoT (similar to Elban's stacking Assassinates) during all active play
        Abyssal items, where the highest stat has double value, but each one in inventory or equipped requires a monthly "sacrificial upkeep" of a same or higher level Legendary item, or the Abyssal is destroyed

And of course, Infernal and Abyssal transforms too, etc.
        Last edited by Jose Sarmento; 12-03-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• lmcelhiney
          lmcelhiney commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the alternate cycle Season approach. We have been spending too much time, this year, without stability.

• Asad Butt
          Asad Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          I like everything you said especially the part about keeping things stable for a time in between major changes. I also love the other two suggestions you made regarding the paid ANB and creating more items with extra properties, though I suspect the latter might take too much development work to implement. Also, to Adrian's point that they don't want celestials to become too strong to preclude the need to craft, might I suggest the following idea:

Level 70+ celestials should return two CE's instead of one when salvaged OR a celestial transform should take two CE's instead of three to create. This alone will solve several problems. It will keep celestial rewards relevant while also encouraging people to recycle the Celestials more, if they want a better leaderboard position, and because of diminishing returns, they will have to keep coming back to play more ANB's, and craft more gear, and apply more CT's and so on. Anecdotal evidence that this might work:

I have two lvl 75 celestial weapons from the last season, which helped me get a better place on the leaderboard. Now, because of the scarcity of new celestials, I have to think very hard before I craft lvl 77 weapons and apply the CT's on them, because from my perspective, maybe it's better to retain a slightly lower position on the leaderboard compared to last time and keep my celestials in hand so that when the item cap increases again, I can create more weapons then and get a good leaderboard position again.

Even from a newbie's point of view, even if there was a full ANB from Bronze to Gold (which there's no chance it will happen this time around) and even if they got all six celestials, they will barely have enough for two CT's, which will translate to less than one by the time of the next season.

We need something new. Something like for example there wil be bug in code that will affect some players and players will lose tons of gems, time and not reach theirs goals (like medals nd cb). They should recive them or at least recive those gems. You know the story. Im no happy with losing (about) 5k gems and still not reciving what i would probably achieve.
        Last anb was a joke, but the joke was on me (and some other players).

Comment

• lmcelhiney
          lmcelhiney commented
          Editing a comment
          I know that some folks felt very upset by the ANB Gold. I did not progress as high as I had in previous Gold events, but I believe that was due to the amount of time needed to progress past monsters and bosses with significantly higher life. Unfortunately, I was very Gold limited, so was unable to do much Crafting. But, it was just a different challenge, not a joke to me. Maybe some of the previous ANB stages have just been too easy... :-)

Imce im talking about trial reset. I was on tl76, tl7, tl78 with 4 min left. Lost 5k gems (max for me is 200 a day). Dont want to say it again and explain stuff that dont need to be explain because they are to simple. For me not talking this seariusly by DP/MF is simply talking a piss. So if we are talking about future to make game better etc. I want to be sure if same **** will hapen again I want to be sure that next time my time, money, gems will not be wasted.

Normally i finish my thoughts with "Peace!", but maybe Magneto was right, maybe peace was never an option

Peace any way!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf86PL View Post
          Imce im talking about trial reset. I was on tl76, tl7, tl78 with 4 min left. Lost 5k gems (max for me is 200 a day).
          Hi Wolf86PL, Sorry, that didn't happen to me, so I had forgotten. I had mentioned on another thread that this entire ANB series has been totally dysfunctional. They should never have made the changes that they did before Gold was released.

I hope, fervently, that there was some specific compensation for you folks other than a general thing like a time increase for everyone. That is more of a slap in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
            I hope, fervently, that there was some specific compensation for you folks
            Nul, nada, zero. Thats another reason why im angry.

Comment

• lmcelhiney
              lmcelhiney commented
              Editing a comment
              ...and rightfully so!

• Fish knife
              Fish knife commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here, I still feel like I got screwed in ANB gold...

I should clarify a couple of things from my latest post:

a) the point of Infernal and Abyssal items is to be at the *same* power level as Celestials - thus creating the "interesting choice". So, since they incurr a downside, their bonus would probably have to be larger. Maybe +150 Power for Infernals and a 250%-value stat for Abyssals, something like that.

b) concerning the "timnig" of level cap increases, I forgot: besides allowing the time for sub-OCD players to farm their top-level gear (and considering they may have multiple characters to gear up), there should be time (a Season or so) for them to *enjoy" said gear, before commencing on a new hunt.

Comment

This is slightly off topic but as a mobile only player I'm just too fond of this idea to narrow the gap between PC keyboard spamming and mobile symbol drawing to already let it vanish in the feedback archives.
              How about introducing an option in the settings to "auto cast utility", when enabled choose utility 1,2 or 3?
              Mobile only

Comment

• Anjaeka
                Anjaeka commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. This would be perfect for Time Warp!

• Romme
                Romme commented
                Editing a comment
                Play dw warrior!

Originally posted by Argon View Post
              This is slightly off topic but as a mobile only player I'm just too fond of this idea to narrow the gap between PC keyboard spamming and mobile symbol drawing to already let it vanish in the feedback archives.
              How about introducing an option in the settings to "auto cast utility", when enabled choose utility 1,2 or 3?
              Would be really happy if dev team added this option on next update
              Mobile only player (exclusively Android)
              Main Mage Regalia - Pikasyt (pre patch TL 137)
              XP Arcanist Mage - Pikasyt (TL 85-90)
              Gold runner BH - Pickachu (TL 100)
              CUZE XUZE YIWO 5914

Comment

Originally posted by Argon View Post
                Mm. not sure if that would work that well.
                Maybe I'd just prefer 3 ability buttons in the UI also for mobile.

Comment

There is a much better fix for keyboard spam. Just change it so that if you attempt to use the ability before the ability is recharged (cooldown completes) you pick up a 2 second cooldown increase, essentially like negative alacrity.

Try to recast that Timewarp when you still have a second on the cooldown clock and oops, its now three seconds.

More skill less spam. Everybody will completely hate it though.

And if you want really viscious and to enforce mana management, use the ability before cooldown clears, it 'fires', but does a fizzle graphic and no damage/bonus and cooldown completely resets.
                  Last edited by NoSuchReality; 01-14-2020, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• Coldet
                    Coldet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had to read this twice to understand it - BUT I LOVE it

• Asad Butt
                    Asad Butt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just add one additional sec of cooldown time to pc platform and the issue will be resolved.

NSR so nasty :]

Comment

So much salt for PC players
                    Now that you're at it, maybe even add some penalties for people who have high end phones with their high-fps, lag-free, cheating gameplay! That should "balance" everything, right?
                    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

• Tempest1503
                      Tempest1503 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      exactly why it'll never be 100% balanced for everyone.
                  Working...
                  X