Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I began reading posts on gear and the most advice is to go with all Assault or maybe 4Assault, 2 Stalker. What do you think? Also, what weapons & skills should I use with that setup?
    Friend Code: XONE MUGE PUKE 1084

"Eternium for Dummies: A Beginner's Guide"

Comment

• Stusmith50
      Stusmith50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Assault is only good for gold farming. Stalker goes higher TL and faster. Assault used to be good before the rebalance last Summer.

Editing a comment
      I'll keep that in mind and replace my current Stalker gear with Assault gear as I begin upgrading it.

• Romme
      Romme commented
      Editing a comment
      No, you want stalker!!!! Dont replace with assault...

I guess as long as you're having fun it doesnt matter

Any Havoc BH lovers out there?
    i kind of like "Heatseekers" so much. Follow by the "Trap".
    still at lower trials i'm afraid. I don't bother about the LB at all when playing Bounty Hunter
    I want something which is in my perspective only -MORE FUN. Finally After all these years I choose "Havoc" till the end. Thank you
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 02-14-2020, 07:32 AM.
    Honest playin with Low end Pc
    Whirlwind SW Trial 119 in 8.36min

Comment

• MtDoom
      MtDoom commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Havoc bombers are the most fun Eternium build I have played! And fun is the whole point of a game! I started Eternium with the Havoc set (once I was advanced enough to get a set) and kept with it as long as I could despite everyone else downplaying it. Eventually, it couldn't compete at high trial levels and I had to abandon for Stalker, which works better but is not as much fun. I hope that the developers give Havoc a little more power in the next balancing patch so it can be competitive in the end game.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 Havoc BH is my favorite class and gear set. I have been a big fan of Explosive Shot since it was first introduced. Plus, Heatseekers are a fun way to make long distance attacks over walls and around other obstacles. I use Havoc set for running daily quests and gold runs. I have 2 Havoc BHs:

GIYE VIBA VOXA 4213 Havoc BH "Jack" Sparrow currently working Trial 103
      NOKE SOMO BUDE 6716 Havoc BH "Elizabeth" Swann currently working Trial 107

Editing a comment
      @Ozymanddius, I am using my Assault gear instead of one of the 3 Stalker sets I own because it has higher XP (currently @ about 725% unless I run a boister). What are the advantages of Havoc over the other 2? (I have 3-4 pair of each of the BH weapon sets in my stash as well.)

It never ceases to amaze me at how many "old timers" there are playing this game. Is it the "old school RPG" game play that got us all hooked? I wonder...

@.sad.soul, It saddens me to hear you are experiencing problems. As much as it feels good to have someone around who cam empathize with you, no one living in chronic pain likes hearing that someone else is going through something similar. It is quite literally something you would not wish on your worst enemy. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in us getting to know each other a little better.
    Friend Code: XONE MUGE PUKE 1084

"Eternium for Dummies: A Beginner's Guide"

Comment

Excuse me I didn't read the whole thread, maybe it's been mentioned, but I wonder when the next event will start. I'm a new player and I'd like to see what they are about, plus there are several in-game features you can only get through events.

Comment

It should be soon. We have been waiting for season 3 to start. Maybe it will be next week? I believe the plan is to start anb shortly after.

keep practicing your skills and save up your gems so you can have a better chance at getting all the rewards in the event!

Comment

Originally posted by Registrau View Post
          Excuse me I didn't read the whole thread, maybe it's been mentioned, but I wonder when the next event will start. I'm a new player and I'd like to see what they are about, plus there are several in-game features you can only get through events.
          The last update I remember seeing is here.

Events typically start on Fridays. The latest they will typically start is around 20:00 GMT. So, it is possible that Season 3 could still start today. If it does not start today? Do not look for it to start until at least next Friday.
          My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2019-12-14

Comment

I personally think way too much effort is going into these event things and not enough into the actual game. This game was so much better when it was really just a competitive grind on the leaderboards. The only improvement I would ever suggest is rewarding players with rewards for "most improved" and such to try to attract more players or give existing players and incentive to want to come and play the game every day.

This game started as a major grind and now it is being split up into event grinding. As a 20+ year MMORPG Veteran I can say you need to find your groove and stick to it. I'm all for 10,000 hours of playing to grind but these events make me want to play a different game because the Devs are wasting time developing limited aspects of the game instead of the overall game.

I have a crap load of time put in and over 2,000 in Champ Levels and I for one will never compete in these events. I also invest real money into the game, which means I'm one of the players actually supporting the devs and yet there seems to be no real reward for players like me who just want to play the game as it is and not compete in these little events. Heck, 2 years invested in playing and I don't even have a Celestial Item yet. I don't even know what it actually is so that should tell the dev's something.

Constantly deleting and creating new character to compete in events also goes against the nature of an RPG. Most dedicated gamers want to create a character and evolve them... Not create one and then delete them and create another.

Comment

• Coldet
              Coldet commented
              Editing a comment
              I do like and appreciate much of what your saying, however I do love the events.

• Stusmith50
              Stusmith50 commented
              Editing a comment
              ANB IS the most fun part of this game for me The time between events is time to get supplies and prep for the events!
              Last edited by Stusmith50; 03-06-2020, 01:31 PM.

• kamap
              kamap commented
              Editing a comment
              As a +20 year veteran of ARPG games which Eternium is, I disagree. I enjoy creating new characters and testing out new builds, eventually constantly playing the same character gets tedious and boring, so I'm all for events that bring in some change and new competition.
              I've played and still play diablo2 and I only ever created 1 lvl 99 character and that was such a chore to get done.
              When a new ladder starts I still make a lightning sorceres and the other characters I make depends on the drops I get, I always hope I can make a fishymancer and a zealot though I enjoy playing those the most but I enjoy so many builds and classes in diablo 2. Once I have my "build" done I'll start another character and if I can upgrade a previous character I'll do that but constantly evolving the same character when there is little gain to be had is not a thing I and a slew of my friends enjoy doing.

In mmorpg's like WoW it's a different thing though, because there you have more things to do then in a game like eternium or diablo2.
              Though Once I reached a point where I could only advance my gear in raids, I stopped playing that character unless there was a raid planned in the guild and I started another character.

So talking about most dedicated gamers wanting to create a character and evolve them is a little short sighted.
              There is no right or wrong way to play a game as long as you stay within the rules of the game.
              I have friends who are like you and they stick to a character, others hop around between characters and then there are the in betweens.

You have to make the game competitive and diverse and sustainable,the blind pursuit of fairness will only make the game more boring,the suit clothing should be made sustainable and intensive.Instead of this version, the No. 1 outfit is the strongest, while the next version discards the No. 1 outfit, making the No. 2 the strongest.You should make clothes strong and let us choose what we like rather than make us all the same.

Comment

• Tempest1503
              Tempest1503 commented
              Editing a comment
              Making the game more competitive without aiming for fairness? Sounds like a bug abusing competion to me

Definetly more items, more skills, more tactcis, more mobs , more bosses, more maps, more gold. Just to have fun and die hard

Comment

• kamap
              kamap commented
              Editing a comment
              You forgot more dungeons, so we can finally use the keys for something else.

Medal Rewards should be removed or drastically reduced. Alternatively Medal Rewards could be applied to other ANB Events only or be bound by character.

Medal Rewards may seem minor BUT some players have 30+ rewards and that adds up to a massive advantage that no new player can ever compete with until they've been playing for 2 to 4 years. New players will get frustrated FAST and they aren't going to invest in playing for 2 to 4 years just to be able to possibly be able to compete.

I can grind trials to get gear and Story Mode to get gold and even with near perfect gear I can barely scratch 2,000,000 damage with my BH. I noticed there are several players with gear less powerful then mine (I am loaded with 76 & 77 and they are 73 & 75 on gear levels) and they are only 120ish Champion Levels higher then me and they have around 2,700,000 dps. When I viewed them on the Leaderboards the only difference between myself and them is that they have a crap ton of medals and Celestial Gear.

If you want to make any money from this game you HAVE to attract new players in some capacity and the way things currently are people are going to think it is a Pay to Win Game or they will realize that players that have been playing a long time have such a significant advantage that they should just give up and find a new game because they will never be able to compete with veteran players no matter how hard they try.

I also think Champion Levels should be Character Based and NOT Account Based.

Comment

• kamap
              kamap commented
              Editing a comment
              I do respect what you are saying but I disagree.

I've been playing Eternium for 27 weeks now, slightly longer then half a year.
              I've gotten me some medals in the last event, could have gotten them sooner if my life wasn't as hectic as it is now.
              Rebuilding part of your house and having twins who turn 5 this thursday make for a hectic life.
              The medals don't bring all that much and have diminishing returns after a certain amount.
              I agree that medals should be discounted in ANB where everyone should have the same playing field.
              The celestial gear shall make a bigger difference in DPS than the medals I presume.

Also new players might not even care about competing.
              The game is not all about competing versus ach other, it's a part of the game but you can just have fun in the game and not bother with all that.
              I wasn't even aiming for medals, I enjoy playing the game to the best of my ability and everything I get out of it is a bonus.
              I was actually surprised to receive those medals in my inbox.

In that half a year of playing I've gotten 193x CL's I would hate that all that work would go to waste and I have to choose one character I want all those CL's to go to.
              I have 3 characters geared for a specific purpose and 2 out of those would require a whole new set of gear to even begin grinding EXP.
              Which again would require more grinding and playing.
              The game requires enough grinding as is, let's not add onto it by binding CL's to the character that got it.

If that had been the case when I started I would have stopped playing the game a long time ago.
              Now I have 3 characters of about equal strength and the only difference is their gear, class and / or skills used.
              I like to hop from character to character and play what I feel like at the time.
              I can stomach lvling a character from lvl 1 to 70 again and again. I can' stomach grinding CL's again and again.

• Romme
              Romme commented
              Editing a comment
              Just did a test. Didnt use CL points on damage stats from medals. Went from 2.68m to 2.56m. Have 9 glory and 10+ of everything else. I really dont think medals play a huge role. They have insane diminishing returns as well. Without them I could probably clear the same TL, worst case 1 less. You mostly see an impact pre lvl70.

It's possible you dont have all the right stats on your gear and that's bringing your damage down. I can maybe help if you pm me on here or discord with your gear.

Dont really pay too much attention to that red damage number anyway. It can be very misleading!

• Stusmith50
              Stusmith50 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've got no celestials, 3 vit medals, CL 2000, best weapon is lvl76. My BH damage is 2.25M.

I have been playing the game for 3 years now, the medals really don't make one iota of difference at the top. What makes more of a difference then is platform you play on. PC or a phone with 120Hz screen would fair far better than an older phone. Obviously adjusting stats to match the TL you're on helps as well.

Comment

Travis | Support Mgr. Adrian (Developer)
              Considering lots of things might get changed in the upcoming ANB. Can we get a heads up on what changes got implemented BEFORE the event starts? Would highly appreciate that!
              Last edited by Tempest1503; 03-19-2020, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest1503 View Post
                Travis | Support Mgr. Adrian (Developer)
                Considering lots of things might get changed in the upcoming ANB. Can we get a heads up on what changes got implemented BEFORE the event starts? Would highly appreciate that!
                Seconded

Comment

Thirded!

Comment

"fourded" (eventhough never learn at English 101 Grammar this "four" ending with a "ded")
                    Honest playin with Low end Pc
                    Whirlwind SW Trial 119 in 8.36min

Comment

Working...
                  X