This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
    New gear seems a bit OP. Kind of like when Regalia first came out, Apprentice went to the scrap heap.

If the tornadoes target, they're 24000% damage. If they just meander, they're random and useless outside a mob. Demolishinist also stacks 5000% plus a 500% damage boost to base attack?
    I can assure you the fury set isn't OP. As implemented, it's underpowered. Lack of alacrity means shockwave spam is at an unrecoverable disadvantage compared to charge/devastate/sw build. If still focusing on bleed swords as the weapon set, consider what WL gives you, set2 bonus, 20% DPS + 2K haste, set6 bonus is roughly 40% DPS increase. Fury set2 gives you 1500%*8? as a one time deal. that's just 12000% hit per cast. That's basically 1 hit from devastate empowered. Completely worthless compared to WL 2 bonus. Fury set4 offers little as WW as it stands is merely a death trap when you group up more than a few (peak trial of course). Finally fury6 gives you extra charge when the lack of alacrity means you are casting everything 1/2 as much as charge/devastate/sw. Yeah.. no need to work out the math, it's DOA. I wish Adrian (Developer) please take that set and just give us a 20sec clip within 5TL of the current peak Warrior TL. That will laid bare the shortcomings of this set. (when mobs aren't just falling to every hit and every mob hit takes chunks of health).

I think the direction to take proc independent of haste is great. Should do the same for LoH and alacrity. Just make alacrity a per minute proc that's based on raw AR. Ie 1k AR gives you roughly 10proc per minute, 2K AR gives you 20 proc per minute etc or something like that. This way long animation skills won't be saddled with meta killing lack of alacrity trigger. LoH, let's make it % based HP recovery proc. Rename it Combat Life Regeneration (when in combat, basically when you can't caste home portal), this activates. LoH becomes (C)ombat (L)ife (R)egeneration rating. Higher the rating, more proc per minute. these changes will make future balancing much easier.

edit: Before I forget, a big round of applause for the trinket idea. This is a total godsend for quality of life improvement. Now let's make the other trinket auto potion/apple. (greedy that I am)
    Last edited by Arionthe; 05-13-2020, 06:59 PM.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
      ...Should do the same for LoH and alacrity. Just make alacrity a per minute proc that's based on raw AR. Ie 1k AR gives you roughly 10proc per minute, 2K AR gives you 20 proc per minute etc or something like that. This way long animation skills won't be saddled with meta killing lack of alacrity trigger. LoH, let's make it % based HP recovery proc. Rename it Combat Life Regeneration (when in combat, basically when you can't caste home portal), this activates. LoH becomes (C)ombat (L)ife (R)egeneration rating. Higher the rating, more proc per minute. these changes will make future balancing much easier...
      I don't even try and compete for LB ranks and this sounds like a great improvement.
      VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
      Eternium Walkthrough
      LFAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Keaven View Post
        I don't even try and compete for LB ranks and this sounds like a great improvement.
        I no longer play Eternium. But enjoy following up on the progress this game makes since it's been part of my gaming life for the last few years.

The game mechanics were too interdependent with haste being in the center of everything. That's ultimately the problem as all the upgrades/balance adjustments could only mask small parts of the issue while the true culprit of lack of build diversity was buried in the game mechanics itself.

Skill cool down being the main resource is constraining for skill balance. Hard to balance skills this way as anyone can simply calculate skill dmg per cast * casts per minute to figure out what the best skills are. In the end, you end up with just 1 single target skill, just 1 aoe skill. Not much diversity this way.

So back to the main point/suggestion, once this proc per minute system is up and running, please consider shifting alacrity, recovery (hp recovery/LoH) to this proc per minute system.

Also there is clearly elemental damage in this game, why not build a damage weakness system into the game so damage combination can have an effect in combat effectiveness.

We have fire, frost, lightning and poison just off the top of my head...

So frost damage leaves the target 50% more vulnerable to lightning but 50% more resistant to fire (ice melts, water conducts electricity, ice help shield against fire damage), fire damage makes target 50% more vulnerable to poison and 50% more resistant to ice (frayed skin allows poison to penetrate easier?, ice feels good after getting burnt?), lightning damage makes target 50% more vulnerable to fire, and 50% more resistant to poison (getting shocked makes one want to get out of their metal armor?, lingering electricity kills poison?), poison damage makes target 50% more vulnerable to frost and 50% more resistant to lightning (poison melts your face, and the melting flesh can be instant frozen?, poison melts your nerve endings so shocks don't feel as bad?) One can make any justification one wants, but damage types should have a role to play in making the dps calculation less clear cut. This is a good thing because trade offs thrive on not have a clear cut answer.
        GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Are the belt and bracers slots for set items or unique items such as capes. I think having an extra 2 slots for sets could really add a whole new layer of customization to the game like in D3. For instance a player could combine the 4 set bonus of one item set with another 4 set bonus that Can compliment each other well. I was thinking, if this update does infact do this, adding the 2 and 4 set bonus from the new warrior set To my warlord build, and doing away with the 6 set bonus. This combined with the WW weapon set would add a great new addition to gameplay.
          Last edited by BigBoiMax69; 05-14-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Just got around to reading this. Absolutely amazing additions. Cant wait to toy around with all the potential builds. Thx team.

Comment

I'm going to give some additional opinion on Leap, WW, fury set.

Leap as a skill has minimal combat effectiveness. Basically the damage it does is minimal, the bleed it does is inconsequential compared to the GW stacks or RS stacks. So dmg isn't its forte. Which is fine, not every skill must be world shattering epoch enders. Charge suffers many of the same short comings. But it's highly valued because of its other attributes. It's a quick dash move that can get one out of trouble, it offers stun on command which can be a life saver as well. But its true claim to fame is the 2k CR buff it offers. In short it's a short term buff skill that enhances all other attacks. Pretty certain even if charge did zero damage, offered no stun, it would still be used just the same way it is today.

So the fury set tries to up Leap's dps game by offering 8 1500% missiles. The truth of the matter is, if leap is going to be a dps skill, then it will be compared to devastate. The missiles combined damage is merely 1 out of 13 hits of an empowered devastate (that's not even counting the 400% more CD). So damage wise, roughly 13 leaps will do 1 devastate. It's simply not there. No sane person will use leap over devastate for dps.

So for leap to be combat competitive as dps skill, those 8 missiles need to hit for 15000% instead (10x). That's probably not going to happen so Leap can't really be a dps skill. Instead look to charge as a way to buff up its attractiveness.

Now if leap is modified to work more like charge... say offers 1000% more CD for 6secs.. then all its dps irrelevance won't matter. But honestly this game has too much CD already so adding more CD buff is probably not the right way to go.

So to make leap standout, I propose make the following modification to what it does.

Leap Changes:
              Drop its inconsequential bleed damage
              Make it a really good defensive buff so charge for offense and leap for defense
              Since warriors have good parry skills, melee attacks aren't an issue. It's mostly ranged and magic attacks that spell warrior's end. So the def buff should directly address this. There happens to have a particular stat that covers just that. Damage Reflection. If memory serves, it's some low % that absorbs 30% of ranged/magic damage and reflect it back.
              So how about this: Power and Vit is added to Damage Reflection Rating and 30% absorption becomes 60% for 6secs
              Theme: Leap makes you a lightning incarnate, so elemental/ranged attacks does less damage to someone who is partially electricity. Sure makes sense to me.

Now since fury set2 bonus looks spectacular but combat irrelevant, perhaps the space can be used for something else entirely. Of course if all the programming effort that went into this is too much just to throw out, may I suggest a less graphics intensive mod? A single lightning sword that pierce and goes back and forth for 6secs doing 5000% each hit. But really dps buff for leap/charge is pretty irrelevant.

Whirlwind
              Now whirlwind spawning tornadoes is an interesting idea and can potentially open up a whole new effective gameplay with just the below modification.
              Fury set 6: Tornadoes now lasts 10s and each subsequent casting of WW lengthens the duration by 6s, Max tornadoes 20

So the idea is to keep spinning, the more one spins, more tornadoes are spawn and soon enough you have a sea of tornadoes roaming the country side. The max size is a way to balance this. I think 20 is the minimum.

WW suffers from pure lack of bossing potential in the current game. If it's buffed with 20 tornadoes (now it's hoped that tornadoes will generally wander towards the targetted mob, if it's purely random, then tornadoes will just be eye candy and nothing else).

One possible issue from the above is that the buff to WW makes it a new feeder to shockwave for both mobbing and bossing. So until some data is gathered, further balancing maybe required. But that is also the trouble with balancing with bleed sword out there. SW and bleed is such a potent combo, it's hard to balance other skills without potentially OP sw/bleed
              GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
              X