War Supplies and Gold 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War Supplies and Gold 11

War Supplies has started. Gold 11 will be delayed until after the Season ends. In the meantime, balance changes (buffs, not nerfs) will go through alpha and then beta testing on Android.

Like the sound of "buffs, not nerfs." Hoping for some competitive options to the existing class metas.

Comment

Why only for Android?

Comment

• UmbraDei
        UmbraDei commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, by using APKs on Android that are sideloaded, they can push releases *much* faster. Even multiple per day if they would like. So for "agile" development of an Alpha build, Android is most appropriate.

• UmbraDei
        UmbraDei commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure it can. However not so sure if you don't violate one or the other license agreement you have as developer with regards to Microsoft when doing that... they pride themselves on their Store apps supposedly being safe and trusted, throwing in side channel updates on such apps will probably not be appreciated.

• papa jim
        papa jim commented
        Editing a comment
        Still promoted as a mobile game, Android is probably the most widely used mobile os.

Make sense

Comment

You wouldn't have any list of upcoming changes? Having an open debate about them, might bring out some of the shortcomings, before release.

Comment

• Bouba
          Bouba commented
          Editing a comment
          we will have to discover the changes by ourselves after it goes live like always

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Travis | Support Mgr. commented
          Editing a comment
          The list of changes will be included in the post with the alpha apk.

• laffcarl
          laffcarl commented
          Editing a comment
          Be nice if there was a little buff towards low end mobiles and tablets (ie-frame rates)
          I recently timed my old donkey tablet (which is down to 1 fps or less at times) in a 105 trial.
          My on screen time till death of Kara was:-
          8:07. which was a 1:52/1:53 sec run (depending on how you account for the 1 sec allowance)
          When I checked the stopwatch it had recorded a time of:-
          1 min 59.31
          which means it took at least 6-7ish seconds longer in realtime sweat, slog, (can't see whats going on) mode, equating to a 3+ sec per min uphill struggling penalty (and maybe lost clicks damage swipes etc along the way)
          Food for thought anyone? or maybe I should just go rob the carphonewarehouse Lol.

P.s it's incrementally worse at higher trial levels

Comment

keep making buff is not the correct way. Players will forced to climb higher and higher Trial in each ABN, the process is boring

Comment

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            For me, what is boring is that the same meta builds have been on top of the leaderboards for about a year now. All you have to do to stay competitive in each season is just run your existing meta hero at their top trial level to maintain your spot on the leaderboard. You can "choose" to play other gear sets, but you have to sacrifice around 10 trial levels every time you do. The whole idea is just to pull the other gear sets up to where the meta sets are already sitting to allow for some variety of game play.

BTW, as players master the meta builds, you already have to climb higher and higher to stay competitive. I do not see any way around that, since that is the nature of the game itself. Building a new hero is fun, but as soon as your heroes plateau at the top levels, the game gets really boring, really fast. That is why experienced players are hoping that the changes being made to the alpha version will allow some different builds to be competitive. That was the intention behind the original balancing upgrade that created new gear sets. The fact that none of those gear sets actually challenged the existing meta sets just means that they are underpowered and need upgrades.

Nerfing the meta builds creates a scenario where a lot of players suddenly find that all of their efforts to build a competitive hero are being flushed down the drain. I have been through 2 or 3 heroes whose top level gear is now worthless, and a lot of players just choose to walk away from the game when that happens. The idea behind buffing the non-meta builds is to prevent players from leaving the game out of frustration.

It’s the goal for every game, everyone’s life and human race to get better and better. Nothing is wrong with that, actually that’s the point. But I totally agree there should not be just one meta. Looks like there is not enough buff to beat 2f4w. I think shield reflection damage for example could change the dynamic. In real life, most warriors use shield, DW is only for crazy dudes.

Comment

Working...
          X