X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early access balancing changes - August 2021

Greetings,

Below you will find the release notes for the planned balancing changes to Eternium, as well as download links for those interested in testing them.

General

Stats
    • Block Rating now uses up 25% less item budget. This results on items with the Block Rating stat having a higher quantity of stat.

Items
    • Brooch of Vampirism now increases the amount of Life Regeneration by 15000 while active, up from 5000.
    • Brooch of the Stormcaller now deals 25000% weapon damage, up from 10000% weapon damage.

Classes

Warrior

Abilities
    • Shield Slam now deals damage equal to 1000% of the shield Armor value, up from 600%.
    • Deadly Throw now adds 150% of shield Armor value when a shield is equipped, up from 100%; Deadly Throw also inflicts a bleeding effect for 2000% weapon damage when a melee weapon is equipped in the offhand slot, up from 1000% weapon damage.
    • Battle Rage (rank 10) now increases all damage dealt by the Warrior by 30%, up from 20%.

Shockwave now deals 1100% weapon damage + 100% weapon damage per ability rank. In addition, Shockwave rank 5 or higher now heals the Warrior for 100% of their maximum life over 10 seconds, up from 60% over 6 seconds, stacking up to two times.

Items
    • Warlord 6 pieces set bonus - Damage dealt to low health targets is now increased by 200%, up from 100%.
    • Juggernaut’s Battlegear 2 pieces set bonus - Frenzy now increases Critical Damage by 100% per application, stacking up to 5 times, instead of increasing Critical Rating.
    • Juggernaut’s Battlegear 4 pieces set bonus - Whirlwind and Shockwave now deal 70% more damage, up from 30%.
    • Juggernaut’s Battlegear 6 pieces set bonus - Casting Devastate now grants the Warrior 2100 Power for 6 seconds, up from 1400.
    • Fury Battlegear 4 pieces set bonus - Tornadoes spawned by Whirlwind now deal 10000% weapon damage, up from 8000%.
    • Fury Battlegear 6 pieces set bonus - Using Charge or Leap now also increases the Warrior’s Power by 500 for 6 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

Bounty Hunter

Abilities
    • Tracer Ammo now increased the physical damage component of Explosive Shot by an additional 12% per stack.
    • Explosive Shot area of effect damage component now deals 1200% weapon damage, up from 600%, and the radius of the area effect is now 30% larger.
    • Magnetic Trap damage increased to 3700% weapon damage + 700% per rank of the ability, up from 4000% at rank 10.
    • Frozen Trap damage increased to 880% weapon damage + 80% per rank of the ability every second, up from 440% + 40% per rank.
    • Scatter Shot damage increased to 110% weapon damage + 10% weapon damage per rank, up from 88% + 8%.

Items
    • Demolitionist 2 pieces set bonus - Stick Bombs now deal 3000% weapon damage, up from 2000%. In addition, the PPM of Stick Bombs has been increased to 45, up from 30.
    • Demolitionist 6 pieces set bonus - Lethal Shot now deals 100% more damage per stack of Stick Bomb, up from 50%.
    • Havoc 2 pieces set bonus - Missiles fired as a result now deal 5000% weapon damage, up from 500%.
    • Havoc 4 pieces set bonus - The damage of traps, missiles and explosives is now increased by 100%, up from 45%.
    • Assault 2 pieces set bonus - Scatter Shot now fires 8 additional projectiles, up from 5.
    • Assault 4 pieces set bonus - Life and Armor are now increased by 25%, up from 10%.
    • Tesla Armaments set bonus - Multishot now increases the damage deals by Charged Shots by 600%, up from 150%.
    • Igniters set bonus - Tracer Ammo can now stack 10 times, up from 5.

Mage

Abilities
    • Fireball burn damage dealt increased to 150% weapon damage, up from 30%.

Items
    • Belt of Arcane Shielding - Deflect rating doubled.
    • Arcanist Vestments 6 pieces set bonus - triggering the effect now only requires 7 Shards of Frozen Time down from 10, but the effect now only grants 70% damage reduction down from 90%.
    • Eridanus, Greatstaff of the Magi - the Ripple effect now deals 10000% weapon damage, up from 4000%.
    • Stormcaller Regalia 6 pieces set bonus - Targets affected by the Event Horizon now deal 50% less damage for 5 seconds.
    • Apprentice Vestments 2 pieces set bonus - Critical Rating now increased by 840.
    • Apprentice Vestments 4 pieces set bonus - The change to gain a protective shield has been increased to 50%.
    • Apprentice Vestments 6 pieces set bonus - Immolate created by the set is now rank 50.
    Level Design

The second act levels have been redesigned to improve their appeal and visual quality.

Early access to balancing changes

Because these changes can unfairly influence the seasonal leaderboards we are going to offer the option to test the game by manually installing the APK. Before doing so please be aware of the following consequences:
    • You will not be able to use a previous game version, effectively locking you out of other platforms until we go live with the patch in early September.
    • You will not be able to submit scores on the seasonal leaderboards anymore (you will still be able to collect the seasonal bank once the season ends).

If that’s not acceptable for you we recommend using a new account for testing.

For testing convenience we are also going to launch a special ANB event available only for this version. This will help players experiment with new items by using ephemeral crafting. To keep a fair playing ground celestial transforms and medals will not be offered as a reward for this event.

Download links:

32 bit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VmL...ew?usp=sharing

64 bit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-um...ew?usp=sharing

When will the ANB start and how long will it last?

Comment

Thank you for offering the apk installation, this makes it clear for all players: you're opting in for testing.

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
      When will the ANB start and how long will it last?
      Start in 4 hours...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210823-230519_Eternium.jpg
Views:	3475
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	201649
      Eternium Files - links and details - 04 February 2021 - v1.5.3x changes: Ability Rate formula changed to: AR / ( 2xAR + 1500 )

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Looks good! Potential builds at first glance:
        - Warrior Xp farmer with a 6fury and fire lily
        - Mage/bh xp farmer with brooch of stormcaller, with +nature damage?
        - Arcanist with high deflect and/or ripple
        - SCR mage defense is buffed significantly, would be cool to try that if fps didn't plummet :/
        - ELR mage with brooch of vampirism instead of vial
        - Apprentice with lvl 50 immolate and GMC? Got no clue if lvl 50 immolate burns hard enough : )
        Mage: Anba
        Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

Thank you for providing extensive patch notes, this will definitely ease the testing!

Not sure the buffs to different BH sets will be sufficient to outperform the dominance of Snipe DoT's quadratic damage, but happy to try and find out.

Comment

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. Wondering if the buff to Demolitionist will make it playable now... I also held on to my old Havoc BH, so interesting to see what damage I can do with Heatseekers now.

• CarnivorousDeathParrot.2
            CarnivorousDeathParrot.2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Havoc can reach TL 137.
            With an additional 55% on all explosives, when everything the build uses is explosives, that's already good for TL140+.
            Then that bonus on the heatseekers - that are already duplicated by the 6-set - is insane dmg. Then the same bonus further compounds with the Magnetic trap and the 2-set enhancements.
            It's going to be quite good.

I'm not even considering the Tracer Ammo or Explosive Shot boosts. . .

• You will not be able to submit scores on the seasonal leaderboards anymore (you will still be able to collect the seasonal bank once the season ends).

the current LB result will not reset?

Comment

I am really looking foreward to this patch. I am so glad that you are going to buff all of those "meme"-sets, which aren´t viable at all.
            This will motivate me again plaing this game. Has become boring to play, if only one set per class is viable and if you are forced to follow only one strict path if you want to have success. Diversity means everything in RPG´s like Eternium. I tried to play some off meta sets in ANB´s, but they were so bad that i dropped the whole ANB´s.
            I have some more suggestions:
            Belt of Arcane Shielding - Deflect rating doubled (the - armor should be removed at all, it will still not be worth to wear this item, because the loss of defensive stats is too enormous)
            Eridanus, Greatstaff of the Magi - the Ripple effect now deals 10000% weapon damage, up from 4000% (maybe add a bigger explosion radius. It feels like you do barely hit any opponents, unless they are standing inside your mage)
            • Apprentice Vestments 4 pieces set bonus - The change to gain a protective shield has been increased to 50%.
            • Apprentice Vestments 6 pieces set bonus - Immolate created by the set is now rank 50.
            • --> would be great, if you add tooltips here (how strong is the base value of Immolate rank 50? Is it 320% weapondamage? How strong is the shield?

Comment

So can you clarify that existing leaderboard scores will still count but not be able to improve them?

Comment

And we will get all exp from the event once we end it?

Comment

• Romme
                  Romme commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just want to know if it will be worth it to use my gems on exp boosters

Can you sign in with your main account?

Comment

• Phương Nguyễn
                  Phương Nguyễn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If so, will my ratings be affected? Am I in the top 26 now, will I lose my reward this season?

• Arhi
                  Arhi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Phương Nguyễn

I recommend to to risk your main acct to install alpha on.

• Phương Nguyễn
                  Phương Nguyễn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I tried and am currently playing anb 24h)))

Originally posted by Red (Developer) View Post
                • Block Rating now uses up 25% less item budget. This results on items with the Block Rating stat having a higher quantity of stat.
                Lucky double perfect craft shows that the max base Block Rating for a Shield is unchanged, and also that the internal coefficient for the Block Rating crafted stat is changed from 2 to 1.5:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled 47.png Views:	0 Size:	210.9 KB ID:	201674

Is that what was meant by the above quote?
                Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
                Eternium Files

Comment

Originally posted by Red (Developer) View Post
                  • Tracer Ammo now increased the physical damage component of Explosive Shot by an additional 12% per stack.
                  Does not work, based on testing in the Training Grounds.
                  Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
                  Eternium Files

Comment

Your current score on the season LB will remain intact if you choose to install this apk.

Comment

Travis | Support Mgr. Will we get all the exp if we choose alpha and do anb. Deciding if I want to download alpha and use gems on exp boosters or not

Comment

• Phương Nguyễn
                        Phương Nguyễn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Travis. Will Gold be transferred to the main toon?

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr.
                        Yes, everything will transfer from your ANB toon when you end the event just like it does during a normal ANB. The only change will be in the rewards offered. CTs and medals are not available for the Alpha ANB.

• Phương Nguyễn
                        Phương Nguyễn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you

Fury 6 new bonus does not show in "positive effects list" (clicking on toon portrait)

Still can't keep Arcanist alive, even substituting Paradox instead of Time Walk and with 8500+ Deflect. The cooldowns are *so bad* that, although Paradox + Blink + SIngularity is 6 charges, I can't muster the 7th in time for permaSoft. Plus you get more easily killed during SoFT now. I tried T140 and it was a suicide fest.

Red (Developer) maybe you could post a short video of your own Arcanist gameplay? Definitely feels that I'm missing something.

Comment

• Shado hunter
                        Shado hunter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BMz...w?usp=drivesdk

• Shado hunter
                        Shado hunter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You have the .70v and there's the 71 V. And actually they release a new one latest on Friday. The .73 V to check since the day before and have updated your app ready for anb who most possible starts same day. (most possible cause nothing in life its sure jajaja)
                    Working...
                    X