Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mage need some nerf on their skills and abilities.

Comment

• Heikki Gross
      Heikki Gross commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe you are talking about arena. None of the mage strong moves or builds got buff and i believe other classes got buff as well, they might have a chance. I would nerf glacies in arena though. That item is broken.

yah, in the arena.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
      Editing a comment
      The arena needs it's own separate balance pass.

• Heikki Gross
      Heikki Gross commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh really Travis | Support Mgr. , I havent found a single change in this balance effort, what benefits a mage in pve, but almost all of it benefits arena.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
      Editing a comment
      Heikki Gross Despite opinions here, that wasn't the intention. Give them a chance to process feedback.

I know it's a nerf but limiting Molten Armor to Physical and Fire dmg would narrow the gap. What's Stalker's max TL anyway? Probably still the highest.
    If not, an Ice + Nature dmg belt can be released later. . .
    Theoretical Modding
    (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Stalker is king because of the DOT from Snipe, but instead of nerfing the meta builds, let's keep thinking of ways to improve the non-meta builds to make them more competitive without taking anything away from existing builds. In the past, Devs have gone way to far, nerfing meta builds into salvage junk piles. Create better synergy between Ordinance belt and Heatseekers by bumping up the damage bonus to 100% to create different gear combinations.

• CarnivorousDeathParrot.2
      CarnivorousDeathParrot.2 commented
      Editing a comment
      What I'm addressing is that currently the top Stalker build uses Igniter pistols, tracer bullets and explosive shot instead of poison as originally intended. So a meta where all builds have to use the same pistols, passive skill and belt is not very interesting.

I'm implying that keeping Stalker to poison may not be a significant nerf compared to where other builds stand. If it is, a belt for Nature dmg (Stalker, Assault) could be created to compensate and enable a different set of tactics. After all, currently all belts have to do with explosives/traps.
      Last edited by CarnivorousDeathParrot.2; 09-02-2021, 11:33 PM.

181 in the last season, 200+ a few months ago to demonstrate an exploit.

Comment

• Romme
      Romme commented
      Editing a comment
      Most likely the 181s this season were also demonstrating an exploit

• kurtcabage
      kurtcabage commented
      Editing a comment
      don't forget the 167 mage as well

So feedback on warrior this anb:

I was able to do 145 with warlord 6, however, I used fury 2 warlord 4 to climb because it was just better. I'd be able to push 150-151 with fury 2.

It's near impossible with current skills, synergy, damage to kill garm on higher trials with warlord 6 and here is why:
    -can't parry
    -therefore can't proc ww
    -no ww, means no cleaver bonus. Also, its still 400% bonus, not 1200% as the description says.
    -you can take ww as an active skill, so you can get cleaver bonus for garm, but it decreases survival for mob phase.
    -No templar 5k cr proc
    -No itz 25% damage boost
    Also want to note all active skills available don't come close to storm of swords damage.

Tested this in training grounds:
    -Storm of swords is 15,000% weapon damage per sword. Probably around 20 swords, some don't hit.
    -warrior's big damage active skill is suppose to be devastate. It does a measly 6,000% weapon damage and hits 13 times. It also takes over 2 seconds to get through the animation which is just way to long for that little damage..
    -tested with lily and no osmosis for consistency and found that the average cast of storm of swords was close to 3x the damage as the average cast of devastate.

For anyone to want to use devastate it needs a complete rework. Ditch the ridiculously long animation. If it's going to be that long it will need it's damage increased from 6,000% per hit to say 60,000%. Honestly probably needs to be higher.

Could you scale skills with say power or cr ratios so it's not completely broken in the early game?

with the 145 run in anb i used shockwave for survivability and it helped a little bit, but not much. I just wanted to use the skill again. The extra charge was a nice change, however, it still won't revive the skill. You would need to more than half the cooldown of shockwave if bleed shockwave builds are going to work again. We need to be able to chain spam shockwave for huge crits. Jose even mentioned last week to give it the snipe treatment and have it always crit. This would be a nice change.

Juggernaut set would need a completely different rework. Adding some stat points for using certain skills just won't take you far. The special effects is where it's at. The bonus ww and shockwave damage only effects the base damage. Shockwave bleeds aren't factored into the 70% bonus deeming it useless.
    Only shield warrior gear I have is exp so I couldn't really test. I doubt the changes will take it much further than where it was sitting before.

That's it for now, hope this can start to guide you in the right direction.

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on buff to Vampiric Blades

• davidz
      davidz commented
      Editing a comment
      Sword should be the king of weapons, so agree to buff vamparic. Great if we can throw the sword and do huge damage.

• Arawn
      Arawn commented
      Editing a comment
      I really hope Adrian and Red pay attention to your warrior posts!

Here is video proof that joining Belt of Arcane Shielding and The belt of whispered secrets is a very good change for Stormcaller regalia set.

Since a picture is worth a 1000 words a video is worth even more

First of all I want to say that this video is a modified player profile. You should not do that and try to post your results into leaderboards. Not cool. We made this only to prove a point and to show the developers how easy it is to make viable change to the build. We also made sure that this profile is flagged for cheating, although it is an alpha, but for just in case there is a bug and it might post to a leaderboard.

Also a word to developers, when you launch an alpha, please make sure the players can create their builds fast and not have to grind the gear, or spend their own resources. Not everybody is capable modifying their game profile to get those items. Make unlimited ephemeral celetial boxes avaialble for lvl 77 items. This way you will get a lot more feedback because the game plays very different on top level gear then it plays on just random stuff.

But a small summary of what was done and what is the result.

We made a Belt of whispered secrets and added 8000 deflect rating on it and increased the lightning struck debuff to 200%. We left the lightning struck debuff as it is on the set. we were not sure how it would pan out in the gameplay but accidentally it turned out to be a really cool mechanic.

Now when i cast blizzard, the enemy gets the debuff from my set which is 100% and as long as that is refreshed via deflecting or blizzard, that one stays on the mob. But if i start by deflecting damage, then the 200% debuff is applied and as long as i keep refreshing that, it stays on.

What it does to the gameplay is that you have to work for it to have the right debuff on the mob and adds depth to the fight and rises the skill requirement.

My suggestion to the Developers is to implement this into the game as it is shown, just make sure that we can understand which version of the debuff is currently on, without constantly checking it from the debuff list through the mob avatar.

In terms of gameplay it also focuses exactly the right area, the set needs a buff on the boss phase and not on mobs. It is impossible to get the 200% debuff on mobs via deflecting, some few might get it, but not to make any noticeable change.

And it is an easy change, if we can do it in few minutes, with some external tools, im sure its not much harder on the back end but the devs.

It would need some testing, but that belt would be also a good buff to Arcanist set.

So watch the video and see for yourself.

Comment

• UmbraDei
      UmbraDei commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a great example of creative and constructive feedback that can help make a certain set build viable, I love the effort and analysis you did!

A shame that the point needs to be made on a modded profile to actually be able to try this out... I hope the devs genuinely consider this feedback and don't just kill it because the hero presenting it needed to break some rules to prove the idea is viable.

• Heikki Gross
      Heikki Gross commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I hope that this kind of breach can be overlooked because "no animals were harmed" while making this video and the alpha isnt exactly an official version. Its just an app we sideloaded to our device.

• Grand_Wazoo
      Grand_Wazoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty convincing. Nicely done.

on this version, the fps has sunk significantly. for example, in trials. on the last version, it did not fall below 17, on this one it drops to 11. smsng galaxy M21

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      + 1 I noticed the same lagging FPS on my Samsung Tab A during the alpha test.

Here's what I've found plagues me with 6 pc fury, not sure if it's this Alpha?
    When activating whirlwind, other abilities are ready to go, but if you activate whirlwind it helps the other abilities (with a 2 sec cool-down) but... puts all the ready to go abilities, back into global cool-down, whereby handicapping you and making it a chore to draw 2-3 times in the heat of battle! all because your cool-down got reset/stolen! when swiping whirlwind. Please beware I am neither good or a God so I/This could be totally wrong :-s and if this is normal then I gotta get around it? LOL
    Last edited by laffcarl; 09-02-2021, 04:33 PM. Reason: Terrible grammer bought on by lots of copy/cut 'n pasting going on :-p

Comment

• laffcarl
      laffcarl commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems to be here no matter what the leap and charge have in hand, as soon as you activate whirlwind you no longer have instant access to charge or leap? maybe it's my low spec hardware?

• Shy
      Shy commented
      Editing a comment
      this cooldown was introduced about 2-3 months ago

• Romme
      Romme commented
      Editing a comment
      It's just the global cooldown

Hi, I had played shield warrior.

If well played, current warrior's cleave meta's cap is TL 162 I think, so to make it possible for shield warrior as well;

I personally think its buff should be at least..

- Nonstop shield block at high AR by reducing its cool time.

- Shield Slam deals damage equal to 1500% of the shield Armor value, (not 1000%), up from 600%.

- Deadly Throw adds 500% of shield Armor value when a shield is equipped, (not 150%), up from 100%; Deadly Throw also inflicts a bleeding effect for 2000% weapon damage when a melee weapon is equipped in the offhand slot, up from 1000% weapon damage.

- Battle Rage (rank 10) now increases all damage dealt by the Warrior by 30%, up from 20%.

This is kinda roughly the minimum I think.. if devs are considering any balance for shield warrior's trial push.
    Last edited by Arin; 09-02-2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Benedicto
      Benedicto commented
      Editing a comment
      Rather than reducing the cooldown of SB, increase its duration to 8-10 seconds to maintain the buff, but I agree to the rest.

• Jose Sarmento
      Jose Sarmento commented
      Editing a comment
      WTF happened to your account, man? Feb 2020 with 15 posts only? Talk about keeping a low profile.

• Arin
      Arin commented
      Editing a comment
      @jose aren't 15 posts many ?

I played 6pc Fury Warrior in the alpha ANB. I didn't want to risk my main accounts, so I used an old beta test account that sadly had very little resources and only level 30 crafting mastery. My Samsung tablet was unable to make in-game purchases, so I wasted a bit of time uninstalling and reinstalling things trying to get more gems. I was hoping to push the Fury Warrior to around 1200 CLs then dual class over to BH, so I could test out the Havoc buffs. I managed to farm just 1103 CLs and complete TL107 in just over 5 and a half hours of play, and I never made the switch to BH. In the end, my warrior had enough Damage and Toughness to reach the TL110 prize, but I simply ran out of time on the event clock.

As far as the buffs to Fury set go, my feeling was that if the buffs were working at all, they were far too underpowered to make any measurable difference in game performance. Like my main man, Nhat, I am typically able to cruise easily to TL110 in a normal ANB event using only the 6pc Epic gear from e-boxes and crafting Legendary weapons and trinkets. This event was more of an uphill struggle in spite of having fairly decent Bladestorm set WW Axe Level 74 (1325-2401) and Cleaver level 72 (1159-2101). I dutifully pushed WW to level 10, but then the Warrior struggled to stay alive at lot more than usual. I had to retool a lot of gear to get enough toughness to survive, even at TL100, which is usually a walk in the park for a Fury warrior.

The only silver lining to the alpha ANB was that I was able to earn a full season's worth of free rewards (except for the gem and gold banks) during the ANB event. As a result, I ended up with a lot of free resources for an otherwise depleted account.

While I applaud the effort by the Devs to shake things up a bit, I did not experience anything that would challenge the meta builds in this first balancing attempt. Keep trying!

Comment

• Phương Nguyễn
      Phương Nguyễn commented
      Editing a comment
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SfT0HSv5Gw0&t=39s
      Here's my 153tl video, hopefully I can help you.

• davidz
      davidz commented
      Editing a comment
      phuong thanks bro! Such great tips! I saw jump away from the blood sucking twice too. What a fight! I like close to the end you hit Elban in the air while he is flying toward the circle! It’s so cool!

• davidz
      davidz commented
      Editing a comment
      I watched a few Romme’s video before, but it was shockwave build, so I don’t understand the magic there. This one I really learned a few techniques. Thanks again!

Originally posted by Romme View Post
    So feedback on warrior this anb:
    [...]
    For anyone to want to use devastate it needs a complete rework. Ditch the ridiculously long animation. If it's going to be that long it will need it's damage increased from 6,000% per hit to say 60,000%. Honestly probably needs to be higher.
    [...]
    We need to be able to chain spam shockwave for huge crits. Jose even mentioned last week to give it the snipe treatment and have it always crit. This would be a nice change.
    My suggestion was actually to give *Devastate* the "Snipe treatment" (trademark that one, it's a good expression!). That would give a more consistent GW initial "spark" and make the Shockwave chain rely less on a lucky string. The way I see the changes, the intent is for us to survive on a single continued SW charge for recovery / DR, saving up two for ToS procs. Whether that's feasible at the peak trials Cleave presently clears is another debate. But if the skill is to be held and unleashed instead of spammed, its damage needs to be more reliable. Even with Templar's CR bonus and 2500 CR base, the odds for a decent SoS and 2x SW crits in series is too low to be reliable for the quick boss kill this build is supposed to excel at.

Still on survivability, it occurs me the Sanguinarius heal effect could use a boost, too. Bladestorm Armaments builds have the massive recovery from WW Axe letting them pull large numbers and hold ground. SW doesn't. So you have to use up the precious SW charges just for the recovery effect...

Comment

Devastate should cause more damage than storm of sword.

Comment

I am all puffed up that Romme mentioned me, so I'm going to briefly channel my inner Arionthe and post some more thoughts on the Warrior.

1) Rending Slash needs a much bigger stacking if it's going to be of any use vs. normal crits out of Cleave. Like 100 stacks. Wouldn't affect the skill at low character levels (where it's already powerful) because you never get to stack that high.

2) same thing for Enchant Weapon: Gore. 40 procs per minute each lasting 5secs means you get to stack THREE at the most (with a little luck). THat's nothing. Either make each application renew the whole stack** (i.e. letting you stack up 100+ procs in a 2.5min boss bashing) or drastically increase the ppm rate. I'd go with the first option. 1x Slayer 1x Gore could really shorten boss fights.

3) Juggernaut desperately needs its own "space". Defender is for Shield, then on the dual wield we have Cleave excelling at mob phase and Shockwave (supposedly) excelling at single target. Warlord and Fury are great sets because the 2-piece bonus is very very good (definitely the best in Fury, second best - but synergistic - in Warlord). That doesn't happen with Juggernaut, even improving the 2-piece to be a CD bonus. Here's some set bonus ideas for Jug:

2-piece: Whirlind and Devastate damage increased by 70%. Nice and versatile. Boosting Shockwave "binds" it to that build, whereas boosting Devastate isn't tied to any build in particular and opens up the possibility of dispensing Fury 2.

4-piece: your basic attacks increase your damage by 1%, stacking 100 times. The stacks are cleared whenever you use a special ability.
        I can sense the grin in Cleave players faces. The point is to give Juggernaut a different strategy "route" than the other options. Not meant to be a finalized concept, just to spark ideas

6-piece: Whirlwind (at your skill rank) is permanently activated while you are in combat.
        Again, different strategy route, and of course has to be synergistic with the other bonuses

** -> if that's already how Gore works presently, my apologies, I haven't tried it out in the Alpha

Comment

• Romme
          Romme commented
          Editing a comment
          Gore and incinerate already stack indefinitely. They just don't fuel shockwave

Thank you Arin for the info on shield warriors
        ANB Silver #15 Mage Trial 131
        PURIST Mobile user

Comment

• Arin
          Arin commented
          Editing a comment
          guess it's time for something new & good

Just a small weigh in on devastate. I don’t think the skill is “balanceable” by changing around numbers. The problem with it is it should do all attacks, but rarely does cause you end up away from the mob cause attack 4 sent you to a lone enemy on the side. Same issue with bosses, if there is any wall, flower on the ground… you rarely get all attacks.

Getting devastate to work would entail changing the mechanics of the skill rather than a balance change. Maybe use the code behind storm of blades to have 6 warriors attack all at once or something.
        mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

Working...
        X