X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mogal
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, received another update and that option is there now, thank you.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    replied
    Originally posted by Mogal View Post
    Hi, and thanks. I am on the stream version, but don't see that option? (Use PC Hud)

Leave a comment:

• Mogal
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, and thanks. I am on the stream version, but don't see that option? (Use PC Hud)

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    You can change the location of the command bar on the Steam version of the game using the "Use PC HUD" toggle in the game settings.

• Mogal
    replied
    Please allow us to put the command bar back to being horizontal at the bottom (Maybe make it optional to have vertical or horizontal? Thanks! - I find it harder to interact with)
    Also the 'event timer' is still hidden under the EP bar.

Loving the game, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Jose Sarmento
    commented on 's reply
    A collection of ideas for Reflect that have crossed my mind over the years:
    - Reflected attacks trigger alacrity (100% chance)
    - Reflected attacks also soak the reflected damage (the amount that would be dealt to you is healed instead of dealt - mind you this was when the max Reflect chance wasn't so high, it would perhaps be OP now)
    - Reflecting an attack has a X% (maybe 100%) chance to get you a Shard of Frozen Time (would make for permasoft in mob phase but not vs. boss)
    - you Reflect a percentage of the base attacker's life total (like Sticky Bombs' Body Blast), unmodified by Power and only subject to Arcane Damage boost (no crits) and things like Osmosis / Slayer
    - Reflecting an attack makes you take no damage from the same foe's next attack

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Very well thought through and analyzed!

I'm not a big mage player, mainly warrior, and just finally figuring out how to properly use BH, but I've also been considering how to improve the viability of the Arcanist set.

It and Apprentice were my favorites when I first started playing many years ago. I think that I used to combine 2 Apprentice with 4 Arcanist to get the shield protection and max out the arcane bolts damage.

It would be nice to see builds other than ELR or Stormcaller, and competitive hybrid builds using a combination of buffs from 2 to 3 different sets of armor would be even cooler!

• Heikki Gross
    replied
    I have been playing around with Arcanist lately and got a better feel about the set, what it does and what it could be capable of. The set is very strong early in the game and it gets weaker and weaker, as you are approaching the point, where you can't tank even a single mob through soft. That point came to me on TL132 last ANB and with 1,5 mil toughness. At first I was quite puzzled, because with old SOFT (90% DR) I could do TL136 with less than 500K toughness and it isnt the lost LoH issue, mobs actually oneshot you through it, there is no ammount of loh what could save you. Then I remembered, that last time anyone played Arc seriously, was 2 trial difficulty increases ago and that last one where the damage of mobs was buffed significanlty hurt it the most. So even if the DR from soft would be revertd to 90%, it is still not enough. You need to become nearly immune to make it work again. But lets talk about some of the ideas i got.

1. SOFT and Elemental fury - so far, those were the things, what guided you towards one or another build and at the same time, it was limiting the possibilities, because choosing skills from another school, would cost you the stacks. I think that this design is outdated and you should remove the limitations. Casting any skill will increase your elemental fury or add a shard of the frozen time if you have the required pieces of the set on you. It will open up the builds for new possibilites, especially for arcanist. But at the same time, we could see a TW,nova,beam build for example.

It is hard to predict what exactly would happen in higher push capabilites for the Arcanist, but for XP farming, using low cooldown skills to charge up soft, will make it a much smoother ride. Arcanist would be a very viable XP farming option. And it would have multiple routes - Nova, immo, blizz for very fast ripple and soft uptime, nova, immo, TW for heavier debuffs for boss, TW, immo, blink for better aggro holding (if you would implement the Illusionist belt change, so that the dot from blink would apply all mobs, like shatter) and heavy debuffs. Paradox, immo, blink if you gave some love to the paradox skill as I suggested and buffed deflect a bit (I will come ot that in a bit). Anyway, you see that singularity would be replaced, because it is a bad skill for arcanist, it does no damage, has no synergy and too long cooldown for being a fast SOFT charging ability. Almost any other skill is better in that slot.

2. Buff deflect - After 2 years of playing, finally some last puzzle pieces found their spot and the secret of deflect is clear to me. I had the suspicion that deflect had something to do with arcanist set, (because of the bonus on Acamar) but its so trash as a damage source, that it made absoultely no sense. Only after rasing a question, what damage type deflect is, it all became very clear. One would think that you deflect the damage you recieve, thats the logical reference we all make. But deflect is actually arcane damage, so there are 3 things in the game, what do arcane damage, arcane bolts, ripple and deflect. Then I realized, that the answer was in front of me the whole time, Arcane shileding belt gives a ton of deflect, the damage is arcane, hence the name Probably the reason why deflect is so bad as a stat, is because Arcanist was very powerful on its own. Having deflect stat buff that even more, was just not going to fly. Thats why it has been dusted off for so long.

The point of all this long text is that Arcanist is currently very weak, and deflect mechanic itself is quite interesting. It would introduce a very unique gameplay to the set if the damage you do with it, would scale better. Currently the deflected damage is increased by power, +arcane damage, and damage debuffs (immo, AL, osmosis and slayer on weapon). Weapons or any other damage buffs do not affect it. Deflect can crit though, so ToS will buff it and also ToP, because of power but sadly fire lily has zero effect on it.

What if you made the damage buffs also increase the damage of Deflect? Fire lily, SOFT, TW etc. It would make a lot of sense using that belt and the modified Paradox skill to jump into the mobs while SOFT is running. In its current state I could squeeze out about 10% deflected damage from total trial damage. That would be increased about 5 times if those changes were done. But the key is to make the mage not die while it jumps in. Im not sure how high would paradox shield, 60% deflect dr and 80% dr from SOFT on top of eachother get us, but im speculating at least about 10-15 TL's.

Ultimately deflect might need some other mean for scaling, because the damage output increase of a mob is not linear with the HP increase, when going up in trial difficulty. But power addition could as well take care of that.

In conclusion, those two changes, along with some previous suggestions, would already affect the performance of Arcanist set enough to give it a chance and at the same time, bring in a completely new playstyle.

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    I've made a note to check up on this at our next meeting.

• CarnivorousDeathParrot.2
    replied
    Is work on these areas bound to resume anytime soon?

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Heikki Gross Yes, I agree! It's better and more fun if multiple item and gear combos can be just as good as whatever is the currently popular META.

Ozymandius Never really got the point of nerfs, given that the number of TLs is effectively unlimited.

• Schmutzus
    commented on 's reply
    Of course I do use Amulet of Quol, so that I do get my Tracer stacks for Molten Belt. But it is still by far not enought damage. I could not even kill the minions in TL 130

• VnHoan
    commented on 's reply
    Pla note that tracer armor only work with explosive shot. You cant make it work with scatter shot. But even use another posive skills, damage of assault set is not enough for trail.

• Schmutzus
    replied
    Late feedback: ASSAULT GEAR.

I just made a new set and wanted to test the Assault gear on bountyhunter. I used 2 Tesla guns lvl 76 legendary, and a set of 3 lvl 77 assault items (1 celest), rest of the set was lvl 72-74. I have a Bracer of mastery lvl 74 with Scatter Shot 197% dmg. Lvl 73 Molten belt. Trinkets were lvl 77 and 75, Jewelery is with perfect stats Crit/crit damage/Power/haste. Integralas Mantle lvl 77.
    Focus was on scatter shoot with physical damage bonus and rapid fire + multi shoot + smoke screen. Tracer ammo for molten belt, Charged ammo for tesla set and pathfinder to boost scatter even more. Crit build with Charm of Qol.
    CL 2159.
    I tested TL 130.
    Conclusion: I had literally NO DAMAGE. I have no idea why. With a similar Item level on 4 Havoc/2 Demolish the monsters do literally explode. I couldn´t even test the boss monster, because i could not finish the mob phase in time. Onliest positive point was: I was quite tanky due to the bonus stats of set bonus 2. But what is the point of good tankyness, if mobs feel MUCH tankier than you?
    Actually I did expect extremely high damage of Scatter shot combined with melting of mobs when using rapid fire and charged ammo with all those multipliers. But It did not work. I had like 80 mio damage per shoot, which is literally nothing.
    This set does need MUCH more love or new mechanics to be viable.
    I hope that this balance step is not the final step and further changes will be done.

Feedback for Havoc:
    this set does feel really nice. You have lower damage vs boss monsters compared to stalker´s set, but the mob phase feels much better. Now the BH does really have good AOE damage with this build, which feels really nice to play. Good job with balancing this set! A good step into more diversity.

I do really hope that some further work will be done into balancing the sets, who do still need some love (like Assault or the buggy Apprentice set of Mages). The sets that recieved good changes feel really nice and motivate me to keep playing this game and trying something new. Good work with that!

Leave a comment:

• Heikki Gross
    replied
    I have a suspicion that Arcanist set 2 piece bonus is not working at all in arena now.

It is nearly impossible to prove properly other than just going by the gut feeling but this is what I have observed.

I'm using currently frostbolt, it does 600% damage and 1800% when the target is frozen.
    Arcane bolts do normally 150% damage per missle, so its 900% total. With the Arcanist 2 piece set bonus it should do also 1800% damage, but it doesn't.

I reforged all my frost to arcane, used similar bracer bonus and I should see the same damage as FB is doing, while the target is frozen, but I say that it does about half of it. So the only thing to suspect, is that the 2 piece bonus is not working at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X