X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    I've made a note to check up on this at our next meeting.

• CarnivorousDeathParrot.2
    replied
    Is work on these areas bound to resume anytime soon?

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Heikki Gross Yes, I agree! It's better and more fun if multiple item and gear combos can be just as good as whatever is the currently popular META.

Ozymandius Never really got the point of nerfs, given that the number of TLs is effectively unlimited.

• Schmutzus
    commented on 's reply
    Of course I do use Amulet of Quol, so that I do get my Tracer stacks for Molten Belt. But it is still by far not enought damage. I could not even kill the minions in TL 130

• VnHoan
    commented on 's reply
    Pla note that tracer armor only work with explosive shot. You cant make it work with scatter shot. But even use another posive skills, damage of assault set is not enough for trail.

• Schmutzus
    replied
    Late feedback: ASSAULT GEAR.

I just made a new set and wanted to test the Assault gear on bountyhunter. I used 2 Tesla guns lvl 76 legendary, and a set of 3 lvl 77 assault items (1 celest), rest of the set was lvl 72-74. I have a Bracer of mastery lvl 74 with Scatter Shot 197% dmg. Lvl 73 Molten belt. Trinkets were lvl 77 and 75, Jewelery is with perfect stats Crit/crit damage/Power/haste. Integralas Mantle lvl 77.
    Focus was on scatter shoot with physical damage bonus and rapid fire + multi shoot + smoke screen. Tracer ammo for molten belt, Charged ammo for tesla set and pathfinder to boost scatter even more. Crit build with Charm of Qol.
    CL 2159.
    I tested TL 130.
    Conclusion: I had literally NO DAMAGE. I have no idea why. With a similar Item level on 4 Havoc/2 Demolish the monsters do literally explode. I couldn´t even test the boss monster, because i could not finish the mob phase in time. Onliest positive point was: I was quite tanky due to the bonus stats of set bonus 2. But what is the point of good tankyness, if mobs feel MUCH tankier than you?
    Actually I did expect extremely high damage of Scatter shot combined with melting of mobs when using rapid fire and charged ammo with all those multipliers. But It did not work. I had like 80 mio damage per shoot, which is literally nothing.
    This set does need MUCH more love or new mechanics to be viable.
    I hope that this balance step is not the final step and further changes will be done.

Feedback for Havoc:
    this set does feel really nice. You have lower damage vs boss monsters compared to stalker´s set, but the mob phase feels much better. Now the BH does really have good AOE damage with this build, which feels really nice to play. Good job with balancing this set! A good step into more diversity.

I do really hope that some further work will be done into balancing the sets, who do still need some love (like Assault or the buggy Apprentice set of Mages). The sets that recieved good changes feel really nice and motivate me to keep playing this game and trying something new. Good work with that!

Leave a comment:

• Heikki Gross
    replied
    I have a suspicion that Arcanist set 2 piece bonus is not working at all in arena now.

It is nearly impossible to prove properly other than just going by the gut feeling but this is what I have observed.

I'm using currently frostbolt, it does 600% damage and 1800% when the target is frozen.
    Arcane bolts do normally 150% damage per missle, so its 900% total. With the Arcanist 2 piece set bonus it should do also 1800% damage, but it doesn't.

I reforged all my frost to arcane, used similar bracer bonus and I should see the same damage as FB is doing, while the target is frozen, but I say that it does about half of it. So the only thing to suspect, is that the 2 piece bonus is not working at all.

Leave a comment:

• Heikki Gross
    commented on 's reply
    Adrian (Developer) After giving some more thought to this I have started to question my proposal. It all depends in what direction you want to push it. Yes, adding LS to the blizzard would fix the current situation, but it would also lock out any other alternatives to the build and make the belt of whispered secrets completely worthless in its current state and that is bad imo.

If you are open to having alternative versions of the build, then fixing the DR debuff from the belt LS proc and joining the Belt of Whispered Secrets with Arcane belt of Shielding would be a perfect fix. If you would alternatively do my suggestion to Paradox (increasing the immune bubble to 5sec and giving 15K deflect for the duration) then that would keep the alternative build option open as well while changing DR proc to blizzard would kill this completely.

Even If you dont do the paradox change, fixing the belts and the proc would increase the value of deflect stat, which is a good thing to the game imo. So either way you go, would fix the situation but i would prefer leaving the options open.

Additionally, I have finished TL161 with a really lucky mobphase and if I'm as lucky with the mobphase then 162 would be doable, but 163 is never going to happen. There just isnt enough DPS for that in the build. Doing those changes for mitigation would let us shift some stats from defence to damage but for Elban at that level we need about 25% more damage, it is just not there. So in terms of SCR catching up with ELR, we are getting near, but to get to 166, the damage increase has to be about 30%.

Given that we run nearly 93% NaD and get 100% more from Lightning struck, then I would say, that pushing Lightning Struck to 200% is exactly 30% damage increase to the build.

Additionally, boosting LS, would help the build also lot in XP grind. Currently we have to dual class or switch the build for pushing, its just that bad.

Pushing it to 200% would also

• Schmutzus
    replied
    Not sure if they changed something in the recent Steam patch, but the Apprentice Vestment Set is still buggy.

Leave a comment:

• Heikki Gross
    replied
    Stormcaller Regalia feedback after .73 version.

First off, I want to say that this set is in a much better position now. Just today I did TL159 with it and probably TL160 is also doable. So, improving event horizon performance and giving the DR debuff made a big difference. 5TL's so far to be exact. But there are still a few things what needs attention.

1. If you would switch off the "Immune" floating texts while being immune to damage, then that would improve the performance a lot and would fix, what we call a "bubblecrash", once you get the bubble from FK set and those texts start to float, the game is prone to crash, due to the critical FPS plummet. Just make that text also be switched off when floating text it off and it will most likely fix the situation.

2. We suggested to put the damage reduction debuff from event horizon to Lightning struck. That was mainly, because having it on event horizon made the FPS issue even worse than it was and Lightning struck seemed a better option. It has turned out that it isn't. The issue is the 30% chance to proc from blizzard. On a bossfight, especially on those who move a lot, it is hard to proc it and even on static ones there are situations where it does not come on for the whole blizzard cast. The idea of the RNG, for lightning struck, isnt the issue, that part is fine, but the damage reduction debuff not proccing is a big issue because you still cant rely on it nor keep it up 100% if needed. Additionally it is also currently broken, because the lighting struck procced from belt, does not give damage reduction. My proposal is to put the damage reduction part to casting blizzard and have it proc every time when blizzard is doing damage. This would also fix the issue with the belt giving the LS without the DR debuff.

So the new 2 piece bonus would look like this:
    When a target receives damage from your blizzard, it reduces the damage dealt by 50% for 5 seconds and there is a 30% chance to be hit by lightning for 3000% weapon damage. Targets hit become lightning struck, increasing all damage taken by 100% for 5 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Teebs
    commented on 's reply
    Nhat

Your assessment is far more accurate and realistic than mine, I probably should have put in "theoretically can provide ..."

And I agree with the "conservative game plan" - though I think both your conclusion and mine are the same - that playing the game is the way that you learn how to play the game.

... KTB

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    Teebs Feels I should "qualify" the "can provide" list... pushing past TL100 is still a tricky thing for most, yeah I know I'm bad, but hopefully I'm not that completely helpless and hope to still be within the "mid-range" of players out there... So that last CT and 35 Glory per ANB can be "tricky"... just saying...

I do agree that there is a clear "perceived" gap between a new player and the existing "veterans" - as is in almost all games, no one expects to start out on par with someone who have been playing for 2+ years, and it would also be unfair to expect such "equality". What I have seen in Eternium is that, with enough knowledge and planning, new players can quickly catch up and get close to those long-term players and I've seen my share of new players completely flying past me too, haha. Once you reach the "upper-level" of the game, the gains get significantly slower...

A conservative approach is needed, you're looking at working out your game-plan, what works for you and then follow through... gear wise, conservative aim of 4 ANB cycles (gaining 1 CT each), to fully fit out your Push gear, doing your exp farming and crafting during those ANB and Gems farming with main...

• davidz
    commented on 's reply
    I think it’s so much fun to gain gold, xp and some 77 gears by playing anb and seasons. I think one thing is to up the craft level to master first, everything else is pure fun.

• Teebs
    commented on 's reply
    Curious what you think a person would need that they couldn't 'earn' in a couple months of playing?

A full ANB cycle / Season / War Supplies can provide ~300 Glory, 6CTs and 10 JBoxes (all free). Gems you can 'earn' just by playing.

Is ~2 months too long to learn how to play the game and earn the stuff (by playing the game and learning about it) which would seriously mitigate "the gap between the new starters and old players"?

... KTB

• Souloist
    replied
    Are we gonna see any futher update? I still believe the assault set needs some love.
    plus i would love to see an option to trade with friends. My sister has come back to the game aftet 4 years and shes really behind. I wish i could give her a hand to speed things up a bit. I feel like the gap between the new starters and old players is massive and can throw some people away from the game.
    Last edited by Souloist; 09-27-2021, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X