X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LodWig
    replied
    Seasons: It is absolutely essential that Trial progressions are separate. Without this, LB separation is a joke. (It must also be reset for each new Season, but for other reasons.) Because a Season is lengthy, allowing using both types of user inputs won't have a major impact on final ranks. (Except maybe for very new players: one starting and playing with Keyboard & Mouse will likely have more CL and mats for the final push than one starting and playing with Tap & Draw.)

ANBs: I like the idea of being able to choose the LB for the whole ANB league. I don't see any problem in letting K&B players use T&D during an ANB, but for precaution and simplicity I would still separate Trial progressions.

Leave a comment:

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Arhi View Post
    50.Tl60, 60sex
    100. Tl60, 90sec
    Rank 50 looks fun...

Originally posted by Arhi View Post
    I don't insist on these very values, but you get the idea.
    I do.

• Teebs
    replied
    Please Don't Deprecate Cross Platform Play for PC

I have zero problem being relegated to the PC leaderboard for even play a single moment on my PC, but one of the greatest parts of this game is the cross-platform play - being able to play on both my mobile (tablet) and my PC.

I think there is a risk for extending that to mobile (kinda sorta) in allowing map-shopping. However, you can prevent this by allowing Trial unlocks (assuming you can code it this way) only through the Leaderboard device you have selected (so if someone on mobile wants to go back and do XP farming on a lower level with their PC, I don't see the problem there - personally)

... KTB

Leave a comment:

• bojck
    replied
    ANB Leagues

I quite like the idea of splitting ANB into brackets. Perhaps Contender (<100) + Veteran (>100) will suffice and be easier to maintain?

Regarding the Contender league:
    - players should have the incentive to push as high as possible, e.g. trial 100 for a big reward such as glory or a second CT, and up to say 3 medals. This way no one will benefit from staying within the lower league on purpose.
    - it should be easier to progress for players that have less game experience, gems and glory. Event packs can be more generous, there can be a couple of MoT crates to help along the way. There could be an ephemeral box that can turn into a trinket/lily/belt/bracer.

Mobile vs PC

It makes sense to me to split the PC (win store, steam) versions from the rest.

ANB

This are the main rules that will govern ANB events with split leaderboards:
    • Playing a level (story or trial) will be allowed only on the chosen platform.
      Totally agree regarding mobile. I'd suggest that PC players should be allowed to play on all platforms, but rank only on the PC leaderboard. Cross-platform play is one of the game's biggest advantages, it will be a shame to lose it for no good reason.
    • Due to the shared event stash you won’t be able to create a new event hero and choose a different platform during the same event
      Agree that a new hero should rank on the leaderboard chosen in the beginning of the event. Creating new heroes and dual-classing is fun, it would be a bad idea to forbid that. In the long events some of us spend many hours 'farming' xp, gold and resources, and doing that with the preferred class is pretty important
    • Reward structure
      I think all rewards and milestones should be the same. They are perfectly achievable with all classes and platforms. Of course it is harder on mobile, but the difference is not more than 5 trials.

Seasonal leaderboards

Ranking both on the mobile and pc season leaderboards (best one counts) sounds like an excellent idea! I think all medals/titles should be identical for both leaderboards. All season milestone rewards should be shared (season levels, boxes, boosters etc).

That said, it is quite important to reset trial progress each season, and keep it separate on PC and mobile! If you want to rank high on mobile, you should struggle through all bosses, including Garm in an awful cave map Otherwise mobile players can have all trials unlocked on PC, and each season start with the last unlocked Magroth, and maybe try TBD if they feel competitive : )

Leave a comment:

• Romme
    commented on 's reply
    It's based off the max trial you completed on all heroes on your account going into the anb.

With these 3 different leaderboards and a pc vs mobile split, you would have 6 leaderboards to go through which is just too many.

• Arhi
    replied
    I am not necessarily against the splitting novices from the veterans, but trial 60? For the season? It will look like this:
    1. Tl60, 30 sec
    2. Tl60, 30 sec
    10.Tl60, 31 sec
    50.Tl60, 60sex
    100. Tl60, 90sec

I don't insist on these very values, but you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• Hegemony
    commented on 's reply
    Romme is absolutely right about the season split and unlocking trials. I strongly agree with the idea Mobile and PC using their mobile. About the Contender, Veterans, Master I think the same. No needed.
    One more thing. You should reset all unlocked trials for all accounts because some people have unlocked 180+.

• Romme
    replied
    Contender, veteran, and master league is a bad idea. Lots of players who do their first anb with the help from discord/forum are getting TL110 for both CTs, even TL130+. After 1 or 2 anbs they can be placing in top250/100.

Mobile vs pc is the only split you need for the leaderboards. I'm not sure what the ratio of mobile vs pc players is, but if we assume it's 50/50 the new players that are placing top 250/100, are now about top125/50.

For season I would like to see 1 or the other. If the account does any trials on PC then it should only be able to compete on PC leaderboard. I recently started playing bh with the new meta. 178 and 179 will be much harder than 181. So if someone was able to skip over the harder bosses on pc, then switch to a phone I feel like that is a bit unfair.

So for season would you be able to look into doing mobile only vs pc that might also happen to play mobile too?

Leave a comment:

• Adrian (Developer)
    started a topic Upcoming leaderboard changes

Upcoming leaderboard changes

We would like to propose and discuss a set of changes aimed towards making leaderboard competition more fair. For now we want to roll out two major changes

ANB Leagues

One source of unfairness is having new players and veteran players compete on the same leaderboard during ANBs. To fix this we are going to split players in separate pools according to their progress on trials.

As an example we would have 3 brackets:
    • Contender League - max defeated trial level < 60
    • Veteran League - max defeated trial level < 100
    • Master League - max defeated trial level >= 100

The numbers above and number of brackets are an example, subject to change from event to event until we find the optimal split.
    • You will not be able to choose your bracket, you would be selected based on the max trial level you have defeated on your account, across all your heroes
    • Once a hero is created for an event, the chosen league will remain locked during that event. Even if you defeat the trial level required to unlock the next league you won’t be able to create a new event hero and compete in that next league.

To discuss: how should the reward structure and milestone be different between leagues?

Our opinion is that milestone rewards should have lower requirements to be obtained in the lower leagues, as an incentive for new players to progress further into the game. However, when it comes to medals our first thought is to award less medals in lower leagues. Let us know what you think about this.

Mobile vs PC

Another well known source of unfairness is the difference in efficiency between playing on a mobile device and playing on a PC using a mouse and keyboard. Players using a mouse and keyboard can cast their abilities quicker and more precisely. The obvious solution is to use separate leaderboards for players using solely the mobile touch interface and players using a keyboard and mouse.

ANB

This are the main rules that will govern ANB events with split leaderboards:
    • When you create a hero for ANB you will be asked to choose the platform on which you will compete on
    • Playing a level (story or trial) will be allowed only on the chosen platform.
    • Due to the shared event stash you won’t be able to create a new event hero and choose a different platform during the same event
    • Obviously, the score will be submitted only on the chosen platform leaderboard

To discuss:
    Reward structure, since we are basically separating the players into two pools, how the rank based rewards should change?
    Should the milestone rewards requirements remain the same?
    Should PC players be allowed to also play levels on their mobile devices (without being able to submit score to the mobile leaderboards)?

Waiting for your suggestions and questions here, hoping you will identify some corner cases that need to be ironed out before going live with this.

Seasonal leaderboards.

You will be able to submit on both leaderboards during a season, depending on the device the trial was finished on (e.g.: if you are finishing a trial on a mobile device the score will be submitted on the mobile devices leaderboard). At the end of the season you will gain the leaderboard ranking rewards based on the leaderboard you performed best on. As an example, let’s say you are ranked 73 on the mobile leaderboard and 157 on the PC leaderboard. When the season ends you will gain the rewards for ranking 73 on the mobile leaderboard and will be removed from the PC leaderboard.

Release plan

Phase 1: We are planning to first implement the leagues split and go live with it in the next ANB Bronze. ETA - this weekend unless something critical pops out.

Phase 2: Separate leaderboards for PC/Mobiles starting with the next ANB Silver.

PS: We know the PC/Mobile separation is the most wanted upgrade but it’s also the more challenging from a technical point of view.

Waiting for your feedback and suggestions.
Working...
X