X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• papa jim
    commented on 's reply
    I use pc at home for the large display, locking into a platform when you start ANB takes away the cross platform option which a lot of us use particularly when traveling, a better option would be to lock at a higher level (130+) for those who want to compete. Can you actually see the future well enough to predict your location for the duration of ANB?

• Mrdovenb
    replied
    Personally, I think you are overthinking this. For ANB, if you want to have different “leagues” then keep it simple with just two. Presumably, the rewards will be less for the lower league. I think I hit 130ish in my second or third ANB, so I’m really not sure this change is even necessary.

The PC/Mobile change is necessary. I think choosing platform at the outset of ANB is an acceptable strategy. For season, I would suggest that if you “Advance” in trials on a PC for that season, that puts you in the PC category permanently. That way, you can still grind trial 105 all you want on PC, but if you push to a new season high on PC, you are stuck on the PC leaderboard, even if you do a higher trial later on mobile. This will do two things: 1) it will prevent gaming the system (e.g. finishing Garm on PC where its easier and then switching to Mobile for Kara); and 2) it won’t diminish cross platform play. I DO NOT think posting on both PC and Mobile LBs should be allowed.

Finally, let’s get this solved ASAP. The game is more fun with events, and we have been without one for some time.

Leave a comment:

• Romme
    commented on 's reply
    That's fair. I just thought it would be a lot more work on your side of things and so many leaderboards can get messy.

• Jose Sarmento
    commented on 's reply
    I still think this is, in practice, a non-issue. It is convenient for a PC player (base platform = PC) to play on mobile sometimes. But a mobile player gets no added practical convenience from playing on a PC.

So to me, yeah, if you play on the PC "just one bit", that means you could simply push the event on the PC, and you "deserve" to be on the PC leaderboards. If you want to avoid that, well, just use your mobile instead, and leave the PC turned off.

• Jose Sarmento
    commented on 's reply
    What do you mean "leveling the playing field"?

• Jose Sarmento
    commented on 's reply
    Fair point, but they will get that "demoralization" from seeing the main leaderboards anyway... how about just "hide" the competitive rewards / ANB leaderboard buttons (in the rewards screen) for players whose main characters have not yet passed T110?

• Jose Sarmento
    commented on 's reply
    About "using an emulator will be considered a PC", I imagine this is part of the technical difficulty with the implementation.

From my experience with Nox and AutoHotKey, assiging a key to actually draw a gesture on-screen for you is *nowhere* the fluidity of the direct keypress. BEcause AUtoHotKey (and same goes for the emulator itself) needs mouse control during execution, and since you're also moving the mouse at the time, disruption ensues.

One of Dyoma's crew I think had more "fluidity" with creating the assignment inside the emulator itself, but that would only draw the gestures on the center of the screen (i.e. good for untargeted abilities but not targeted).

So in short, I think Adrian's last two lines are not the crux of the matter: considering them a PC doesn't hurt, considering them a mobile won't pave the way for unfair exploiting either.

• Jose Sarmento
    commented on 's reply
    I can't "like" your comment, Adrian (forum doesn't allow it). But I really do.

• Arhi
    replied
    I am for leveling the playing field during anb and against the player grouping as veterans and novices.
    This upcoming Bronze is a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian (Developer)
    commented on 's reply
    Very good suggestions here, totally agree that for a new player some non-ephemeral cubes would be a great reward.

We still think that is more fair for a new player to be gently introduced to the ANBs by competing against their peers instead of against veterans. Sure, there will be those new players that read guides and have an amazing progress even in Contender league. But I don't think there are going to be 100s of those. We think it can be demoralizing for a new player to see that rank #1000 defeats TL 110 while they are struggling at TL 50.

• Adrian (Developer)
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, the split will be done by the input method instead of platform.
    You will be able to start training abilities on your mobile devices even if you selected a Keyboard&Mouse input method. Only playing a level will be restricted (maybe not even that, we can allow K&M players to play using T&D, but not the other way around)

We are definitely going to reset the trial progression each season and separate the trial progression w.r.t. input method.

• Adrian (Developer)
    commented on 's reply
    As LodWig said, a better term would be "K&M" vs "T&D".
    So using a tablet with keyboard and mouse will be considered a PC (K&M).
    Using an emulator with gestures mapped to a keyboard will be considered a PC.
    Using an emulator will be considered a PC.

• Adrian (Developer)
    commented on 's reply
    "With separate LB there is no reason for the global cooldown anymore."
    This is an interesting suggestion, we are going to think it through.

• Adrian (Developer)
    commented on 's reply
    Separate trial progression on PC/Mobile, noted down. That would eliminate map hopping and other exploits.

• Adrian (Developer)
    commented on 's reply
    Right.
Working...
X