X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Sarmento
    replied
    Originally posted by Heikki Gross View Post

I have an issue with that. I play on both platforms and I would really like to participate on both seasonal leaderboards, with the same hero. Should I use one account for mobile and other for PC, thats not optimal.
    The way I suggested, and I believe is what LodWig has in mind also, allows for this. When you use your hero on a K&M device, you progress and rank on the K&M leaderboard. When you use that same hero on a T&D device, you progress and rank on the T&D leaderboard instead. At Season end, your highest rank across all *six* leaderboards (per class and per input method) determines your rewards.

Leave a comment:

• Viddok
    replied
    Ребят делить на пк и мобильные надо но боюсь делать просто отдельные anb с возможностью создавать перса на обоих платформах.
    разделение по опыту нерентабельно ибо играю не первый год а до топа 250 ни разу недоплывал.соответственно жатса на медали нет смысла я и так их невижу) спасибо за игру всем участникам проекта .

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    Development is still in progress.

• Spikeching
    replied
    Any update on the pc vs mobile leader board split?

Leave a comment:

• Jose Sarmento
    commented on 's reply
    Err, a little late to the party, but this is what I meant (and should have phrased more clearly) by "fully separate": if you have T100 unlocked on the T&D progression and on the K&M progression, and unlock T105 on your K&M progression, on the T&D progression you still have T105 locked.

EDIT: to better expedite the progression, up to T100 it could be a single ladder I guess.
    Last edited by Jose Sarmento; 01-03-2022, 05:12 PM.

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    It's not sufficient to separate LBs. You must separate Trial unlocks also. Or one will use an input method to fight bosses that are hard to beat with the other method, and then will have an easy boss to fight for a high rank on the latter method LB. This is this problem my (admittedly a bit hard to fully grasp at first, but quite simple in fact) proposal aims to solve. While preserving easy method swapping.

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    Jose Sarmento I guess I wasn't clear... The goal of the proposal is not to avoid some unfairness between "mixing" and "pure" players. I just wanted to put this out of the way, stating that anyway it happens now so splitting can"t make it worse. Also, I agree it's a small source of unfairness, especially compared to the other sources you listed.

The goal of the proposal is to make it easy for players to switch between devices, while avoiding the huge source of imbalance stemming from the various input method. Just separating the LBs is good to restore balance, but may get in the way of device swapping as you would have to unlock twice all trials you want to run on both. Also in my proposal there is the "disabling the other input method" which I think is the best way to be sure the LB trial is done with the chosen method. And lastly and more importantly, my proposal forbid the use of swapping devices to skip a blocking boss.
    Last edited by LodWig; 12-28-2021, 12:13 PM.

• bojck
    commented on 's reply
    dislike

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Heikki Gross Guess I don't qualify as a top player, then.

The best that I've been able to do in 3 hours is 1700 to 1800 CLs. Still have a lot to learn. I can only hit 2K CLs in a silver or bronze ANB because I can farm XP longer.

• Heikki Gross
    commented on 's reply
    Given that any top level player can reach 2K+ CL's in 3 hours with a warrior regardless of the platform, the speed of farming is really not an issue. For final push, 50-100 power will not make any significant impact while map and mob rng pays a lot bigger role. So I think that farming on PC vs Mobile is really a nonissue. So far I have also farmed on PC and on mobile in the same event, im not afraid that im missing out a lot by having a fraction slower clear time on mobile becasue there is enough time in all the events for top players to reach their CL's and farming goals.

• Teebs
    commented on 's reply
    If I actually understood LodWig comment above, that might be a solution.

It does bring up an interesting factor - at a certain point, the farming benefit of PC over mobile has a profoundly diminishing distinction (this distinction I think is amplified during ANB - which is not what you are addressing in making the distinction of Season)

The significant problem then is map shopping with PC.

AND - I freely admit I am not a higher Trial competitor, so, personally, I am just looking to be able to continue to play on both because there are times which I prefer mobile and times I prefer PC, so, honestly, I am happy with the way it is now - not because I think I have a Leaderboard advantage - but because I enjoy the cross-platform play integration as it is.

... KTB

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Both players and devs are going to have to compromise on something.

I think that whatever they finally implement is going to be sub-optimal for a certain number of people. I doubt that they're going to find a solution that will please everyone.

• Heikki Gross
    replied
    Originally posted by Teebs View Post
    I genuinely do not know a single multi-platform user who has complained about the idea of getting shunted into the PC/KB+M Leaderboard as long as they retain the ability to still use their mobile.
    I have an issue with that. I play on both platforms and I would really like to participate on both seasonal leaderboards, with the same hero. Should I use one account for mobile and other for PC, thats not optimal.

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    replied
    I'm a purist mobile user, but I support people who want to play the game in a way that works best for them. For me, mobile is ideal because it's the only way that I can put in enough time to be competitive. I can always finish a few story levels or trials while in line at a checkout counter, or while waiting at a dentist's office.

Maybe it's been suggested before, but what about a separate LB for combo players? So PC and mobile purists each get their own LB. Anyone who uses more than one input type would automatically get shunted to the multi-platform LB.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Sarmento
    replied
    Originally posted by LStab View Post
    I think PC always > Mobile.
    So the best way is once you use PC to push trial,the subsequent trials' record can only register in PC LB(this means you can use Mobile to push,but this record is in PC LB)(independent of each hero,reset at the beginning of each season).This is easy to implement programmatically.
    In order for the player to fully understand what will happened, We should alert players once we detect a player using a PC-like device(detect by Key press detect or other ways.).
    As LodWig said:For story mode, There is no need to detect.
    In this way,We can retained multi-platform playstyle and fairness of competition to the maximum extent.
    This sums up the other nice "kiss" way to implement it. So to me these two would be the winning options:

a) fully separate LBs, per Season, per ANB. You play on T&D device, you rank on that LB. WHen you play on K&M device, you rank on that LB. At the end of an ANB, your best rank in the two LBs is the one that counts. At the end of a Season, it's your best rank out of the six LBs instead.

b) the first time in each event (Season, ANB) that you play a Trial (or perhaps - the first time that you beat your highest unlocked trial) on K&M moves you to that LB for competition purposes. Any subsequent T&D trials, regardless of level, will count against the K&M leaderboard for the event.

I like option a) the best. But I think either is fine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X