This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5.95 Release notes

We are happy to share that Version 1.5.95 of Eternium has just been released. This is the first Eternium release since last June, and the first release carried out by the Making Fun team.

To accomplish this release, substantial knowledge transfer of the Marmalade build process needed to occur. Dream Primer has been helping Making Fun every step of the way with documentation, trouble-shooting, tips and tricks, and support for each platform.
    All of the platforms are now compiled with the latest SDK's and satisfy any new requirements that have come up since June, for example "Delete Account" functionality on iOS.

We also included one bug fix for seasons and add support for a lower-priced shorter season that we thought would be appealing to new and veteran players alike.

Next we need to tackle some compliance issues with account creation, and we would love your input on what other items to consider for our next release.
    Thank you for your support of Eternium!

Bug fixes:
    • Fixed a bug related to the Season Bank rewards.
    • Fixed an issue causing performance issues in the Arena.
    New Features:
    • Added a way to run shorter Seasons and adjust Season Pass pricing and rewards accordingly.

This build is currently available on Android (Google) and Steam, and has been submitted to all other platforms for review.
    Last edited by Travis | Support Mgr.; 01-28-2023, 01:44 AM.

Of all the bugs to be fixed first.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
      Editing a comment
      Low hanging fruit. More is expected to come.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the same, but as Travis said "low hanging fruit" and it's pretty inconsequential for anyone not running a million 'rabbit holing' accounts....although I think I have an old video to track down an edit now!

• Montresor
      Montresor commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. The first bug to fix is the one that actually favored the player.

Good to see some baby steps with the first build from Making Fun. Start small to test processes and stability and gradually build up over time. Adding the ability for MF to adjust Season Rewards and milestones sounds like a positive as there's quite a few redundant things in there for the veterans, and maybe we'll see some 'glow effects' added back in. I won't be diving into the speculation pool though, just happy to see a first MF release.

Comment

How long has this game been out for and how's this the first update?

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        The first update issued through Making Fun rather than through the developer, Dream Primer.

• Brill
        Brill commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh okay, sounds like a win for Making Fun. Excited to see what's next or where they go with this.
        I'd assume shorter seasons = faster revenue gain which hopefully leads to more development
        Been eyeballing those "coming soon" areas in town.

FYI: I have reworded my OP to make it less mechanical.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The day-job Business Analyst in me liked the more detailed patch notes, but the "Travis Bot AI" upgrade to appear less mechanical is also welcomed

Congratulations @ MakingFun !
      Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
      [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

we would love your input on what other items to consider for our next release
        1. As it's top of my bug list - the glow effect of Mage staff (This impacts 4 of the 8 Mage staff skins, I can make a short recording to show which ones have the issue if needed)
        2. The portal bug whereby clicking on the portal at the end of level / trial can be very hit and miss as to whether you go through it or run around like a headless chicken!
        Last edited by ; 01-28-2023, 10:33 PM. Reason: Updated with note that the Glow Effect bug is not universal to all Mage staff skins

Comment

Don't know if I should put this here, or in bug reports.

Why did I just receive an in game mail about the update to 1.5.73 immediately after the game being upgraded to 1.5.95?

Comment

• Ender1970
            Ender1970 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the same. Threw me for a bit until I realized it was referencing an old update.

Juego hace poco más de 1 año y me encanta éste juego. Se ha convertido en mi preferido como uno de los juegos mas tranquilos y sencillos porque no me estresa. Sólo tengo un par de cosillas que quiero mencionar y que ojalá puedan considerar:

*Algunos bosses del modo historia son muy complicados e imposibles de matar cuando uno es jugador nuevo o con un personaje nuevo desde cero, por ejemplo me sucede con la Dragona Corrupta del modo historia que no me asesta ningún golpe estando desde lejos con el mago o el mercenario pero igual me drena la vida totalmente hasta matarme y cuando revivo, la dragona tiene la vida totalmente restaurada y es imposible avanzar el modo historia así. Ésto mismo me ha pasado con muchos otros bosses y es frustrante y muy fastidioso no poder matar un boss y completar un nivel sólo porque la regeneración de vida del boss es total. No se puede siquiera hacer una estrategia de juego al respecto porque el hecho que sus poderes te drenen la vida lo vuelve totalmente imposible y al revivir tienen su vida totalmente restaurada y es un ciclo repetitivo de tratar de matarlo y no mueren nunca.

*Algunos mapas tienen problemas con las colisiones de zonas no transitables como sus límites por ejemplo, que hay partes en las que se bugea y por error te admite el pasar y el personaje queda trabado en esa zona y es imposible salir, haciendo que la experiencia de juego sea frustrante y tengas que perder todo el progreso de ese nivel de mapa para reiniciar el juego ya que ni siquiera activando un portal de regreso a la ciudad y volver a cruzarlo logra que el personaje se destrabe.

*Me encantaría alguna vez ver personajes nuevos como para darle una frescura al juego y nuevas experiencias.

*Que el sistema de amistades dentro del juego tenga otra función mas significativa que solo ver los personajes de tus amigos.
          Ya sea que se pueda hacer una partida cooperativa en modo historia de al menos 2 o 3 jugadores en los que solo sean amigos o se pueda hacer alguna invitación a partida cooperativa por medio de ese sistema de amigos.
          Que exista un medio de comunicación entre amigos como un chat privado y/o un chat global para que salga un poco de la rutina y deje de ser monótono, así uno puede conocer más gente que disfrute del juego y si el sistema de Juego cooperativo existe se pueda también invitar por éste medio.
          Que se pueda permitir un sistema de comercio entre amigos y wue este debidamente supervisado para evitar trampas
          Si es posible, que el sistema de PvP Arena tambien sea en tiempo real.

Todo ésto no lo digo con el fin de criticar el juego, sino con el ánimo de que puedan mejorarlo y que crezca y sea más divertido y fresco. Atraería mucha más gente y sería aún más conocido el juego! Ojalá tengan en cuenta mi comentario aunque sea en los bugs que he mencionado.

Comment

I just receive a mail saying to look at the new release 1.5.73. I think this release is old?

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
              Editing a comment
              This is an old issue (old release notes popping up as new) that will hopefully be resolved son.

Originally posted by Wispy 2.0 View Post

2. The portal bug whereby clicking on the portal at the end of level / trial can be very hit and miss as to whether you go through it or run around like a headless chicken!
            This drives me nuts too, I would second this needing some kind of fix.

Comment

ANB Silver 20 just finished and I ended the event for my Hunter....

Now, I'm getting to see a very annoying and very slow XP bar cycle over and over on my smart phone as the new Hunter gets all of the XP that I already have on my warrior. In fact, the bar is still cycling as I type this. I didn't see such an annoyance when ANB Bronze 20 finished using version 1.5.89.

Please fix.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Editing a comment
                I was under the impression that this was new to .95.

• Tin Man
                Tin Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Completely not new and was used by the players to gather the data to develop a formula for the experience earned to gain the next CL.

I was not aware of it until Keaven pointed it out so long ago while players were contributing the values that they saw for experience for the next CL. I had not yet ended any ANB heroes so had not seen it. He was a rabid gem speed farmer and pointed out that gather information from many people was unnecessary because every new hero that hits 70 sees that effect as well as heroes after ANBs. I also had not created a new hero since the values appeared. Believe that the animation does not predate when the experience value started being shown.

There is another even easier way to kill the animation that I neglected to mention. Just switch heroes. A hero will automatically show the current XP needed as soon as you switch to that hero.

Really is a desirable animation that can easily be skipped if one chooses. The only time that you are stuck with it is while you are in the level when you hit level 70.

Update: When I have time? I will verify that the animation did not exist when I started playing.
                Last edited by Tin Man; 01-30-2023, 10:36 PM.

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                I have video evidence from 1.5.32 with the exp cycling through slowly. I deleted all my older videos (1.5.18 and earlier) to free up disk space. I normally just switch character and back again to avoid the animation and any unwanted "bongs" blasting through the headphones.

I understand that the new shorter 30-day long seasons will be starting soon! Will the leaderboards for these new seasons be restarted from scratch initially, and then reset between each subsequent season after that?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                That would be nice, as long as the elusive reset bug gets fixed. I'm sure Travis is aware (I know I submitted a report some years back) where not all characters on an account got a Trial reset. Hopefully there's an internal "Known Issues" list

• Bali_Lenni
                Bali_Lenni commented
                Editing a comment
                ...any "seaso"leak info on new season model ? ...adjustment of season pass etc. ( 10'000 jewels in 30 days hmmmmm)

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Editing a comment
                Season Pass cost, Bank limits, and rewards will be adjusted according to the length of each Season. For example, if a Season is 30 days long (half as long as usual), the Pass cost, Bank limits, and rewards will be halved.

Всем доброго времени суток. Не знаю в этом разделе можно написать об этом, но очень огорчает баланс умений и амуниции магов. Всё что уже существует хорошо против обычных мобов,но не очень полезно против боссов. С лигами и событиями всё более менее нормально для меня. Есть ещё один вопрос, после обновления через день, два пропала в стартовом меню иконка Гугл плей. У меня была возможность переходить с одного аккаунта на другой.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Editing a comment
                Спасибо за ответ. Google Play Games был удален из этой сборки. Google планирует прекратить поддержку этой функции в будущем, и у некоторых пользователей она вызвала проблемы с загрузкой.

There seems to be some confusion. The new Season February trial log is already populated. It is showing my main character as completing TL 90. I am currently working on TL 153 at the end of this past event so I am confused as to why it is showing as only have completed TL 90?
              ZANO QUQU HIMA 4014

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                This will be because Trial progression is not reset from last Season (see post #13 above) so it already thinks you have cleared those milestones this Season too.

Edit : In addition, the new Season is currently pointing towards an old leaderboard, it's quite common at the start of a new Season and should hopefully be corrected quite quickly....
                Last edited by ; 02-01-2023, 09:02 PM. Reason: Original post assumed wrongly the post was about getting credit rewards for previously completed Trials, rather than the event pointing to an old leaderboard.
            Working...
            X