Game balancing provisional notes for game update 1.2.55 beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red (Developer) View Post
    [*]Trials no longer drop loot from monsters. Instead, the boss at the end of the Trial drops 3 items (quality varies depending on Trial level), a quantity of gemstones of random colors and gold. We also used to be able to farm "Gems"[*]Loot quality in Trials has been readjusted so that harder Trials will yield better loot. Trials drop 3 pieces of loot for completing the Trial, one of which has higher chance to be of superior quality if the trial was completed in time. Some breakpoints for the new loot system are: at level 42, all items will be of at least Epic quality, and at level 80 all items will be of Legendary quality. Any item dropped has a 20% chance to be a set item, if applicable. The item awarded for completing the Trial in time beyond Trial level 80 have an increasingly higher chance to have their roll improved. Trial bosses never drop common quality or uncommon quality items, regardless of level. The guys that are able to farm level 80 Trials are already very well equipped and have little need for the perma Legendary drops. I can understand the need for better stats to drop the higher you go but setting limitations on the quality of drops is silly.
    This is MY opinion. Many will disagree. But the bottom line is. AM I HAVING FUN! And the answer is a resounding NO I AM NOT!
    This extrapolated further = No more money spent on Eternium.
    YES I'm well aware this is now in Beta stage, which is why I'm voicing my opinion.

Edit: Not sure what has changed, but all of a sudden i have gold, Gems, Apples, flasks dropping from mobs before the boss shows up. This was not happening yesterday.
    Last edited by Coldet; 10-09-2017, 01:58 PM.
    RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post

This is MY opinion. Many will disagree. But the bottom line is. AM I HAVING FUN! And the answer is a resounding NO I AM NOT!
      This extrapolated further = No more money spent on Eternium.
      YES I'm well aware this is now in Beta stage, which is why I'm voicing my opinion.
      It only makes sense for higher level trials to drop better loot. If you are new and just starting out, you have to grind the lower levels first and progress higher as you gain better gears. For me that's just fair as the difficulty and rewards scale with your hero's growth.
      HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

Originally posted by Mhongix View Post

It only makes sense for higher level trials to drop better loot. If you are new and just starting out, you have to grind the lower levels first and progress higher as you gain better gears. For me that's just fair as the difficulty and rewards scale with your hero's growth.
        With respect Mhongix, I believe you have miss read or misunderstood my post. I totally agree that higher levels should be finding gear with better stats on them. That does not however mean that they are the only ones that should have access to Legendary quality.
        RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

With respect Mhongix, I believe you have miss read or misunderstood my post. I totally agree that higher levels should be finding gear with better stats on them. That does not however mean that they are the only ones that should have access to Legendary quality.
          Who said only high levels drop legendary? See Red's response a few post back regarding the same misconception. If you a referring to the "quality" of the legendary drop, as I've said, I believe it's only fair that the quality, as well as the drop rate, scales with the trial level.

Originally posted by Red (Developer) View Post

That is correct, there is a chance to get legendary items at all levels. This chance increases for every level. The quality increases past trial level 80 though (70 for the reward for completing the trial in time).
          Last edited by Mhongix; 10-09-2017, 05:01 AM.
          HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

I just cleared Trial level 64 and got the best item since I started playing the game 2 months ago. Legendary Apprentice Pads with a socket 90 AR, 89 Power, 56,4% Crit dmg and 83 Vitatity. Good stuff does drop at lower trial levels, just not as frequently as at higher levels.

Comment

Travis, shouldn't this be in the announcements section?

Comment

Working...
              X