Join the Android Closed Beta for 1.2.56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abc127 View Post
    I can't help myself here (playful) - but I have to ask if you're still running tank mage? you *could* run the boring stuff - which is what all of us did for ages to get to high levels (they came with pain, practice, and time)... Or you *could* change the build and play with other tools that the game is giving you (maybe you are).
    No, I gave up on that weeks ago and went to a warrior. And it was fun for a while.

But in the beta, my tank warrior isn't a tank anymore. Because the "new superfun bosses" still require me to run away from them every 10 seconds or get one-shot. I acknowledge different tastes, but why anyone finds this fun is beyond me, personally.

I recently tried going back to my mage on the new trials. I found it completely unviable and went back to the warrior.

Originally posted by abc127 View Post
    I do completely agree about the low level drops. if i weren't able to get above 30-50, i'd feel the same way about the gear, and wanting to just call it a day. I hope that gets balanced a little more; you have to have a reason to aim at the trials, and they've definitely built it so once you get past story, trials is your way up. The dev team has said they're looking at new ways to level people much more quickly (in prep for PvP). I think that's one of two steps - you need to level to feel good, but you need at least SOME rewards too. CLs aren't the only way to go higher.
    Right, and that makes sense.

Last night I tried levels 36, 39 and 42 (all Magroth, who I now find if not the easiest of the three, the least annoying -- stunlocking and life draining are terribly unfun mechanics). Level 36 I could do pretty easily. Level 39 was not bad but took more time. Level 42 required nearly five minutes of running away from the boss and then running back.

The rewards from all three? Garbage. So why run 42?

As a "control" I got my warrior up to TBD heroic and ran that. I got more coins, more gemstones, and I believe a legendary drop. Less XP, but I could do it in my sleep.

The trials are still probably the best approach, as even 36 gives considerably more XP than TBD, and I might someday actually get enough Juggernaut items to make a set. But for gemstones, TBD is still better. TBH, at my level, not THAT much has changed, except that the bosses are less easy and more tedious.

(N.B. Due to the current confusion about jewelry I am still using very suboptimal items in those slots. But I don't think even good jewelry would let me get into the 60s which is where you seem to need to be to get decent drops.)

It's important for the developers to cater somewhat to the elite players of the game. But this update seems to cater to them almost exclusively. Do they really think they are going to grow this game's playerbase and appeal by showering people who already have amazing items with even more amazing items? None of it makes any sense to me. I've heard they are working on flattening the curve a bit, which would be a good idea, because right now any new player has a pretty impossible hill to climb.

Coldet - That's not really a fair assessment. It's a closed beta that requires you to actively sign up and it only works on Android, which not everyone uses. Though the general point is correct that the current community is pretty small for a three-year-old game.
    Last edited by Qeltar; 10-09-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Started the beta as 189 CP mage (glass cannon) and was surprised my “damage” went from 175K pre-beta to 323K when I started the beta.

I’m using an ASUS C302CA-DH54 Flip 12.5" Touchscreen Convertible Chromebook Intel Core m5, 4GB RAM, 64GB Flash Storage with Google Play Store and apps.

All aspects of game (ads included) ran smoothly before installing the beta.

The main issues I’m seeing are with ads when you select the ad boxes.

Before the beta, ads loaded with no problems and were minimally annoying. Now ads load very inconsistently, some upside down, some as tiny top-left windows with “loading demo game” text in center of screen, some completely corrupted, and some that crash the game all together. I won’t be clicking on ad boxes until this is fixed because it really slows the game down. I can provide more information if you wish.

I completed and advanced in trials in this progression 25, 34, 42, 43, 49, 50. During these six trials I gained experience from CP 189 to CP 193. I received one non-set legendary and a couple of set epics.

My go-to skills prior to beta were frostbolt, arcane bolts, blink, time warp, and blizzard. And I run with two Maggies. Regarding skills, I used to use frostbolt occasionally to freeze enemies, but this was nerfed. Now I don’t see myself using anything except arcane bolts. The nerf on Maggie’s silence field is making me use it less.

The bosses are definitely more challenging post beta. Before I would mainly stand there and freeze and silence them until they were dead. Now you really need to watch for the tells and respond appropriately — and this is a good change. I do wish you would keep a wider variety of bosses in the trials.

Thanks for the hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by sirkenneth View Post
        [B]

My go-to skills prior to beta were frostbolt, arcane bolts, blink, time warp, and blizzard. And I run with two Maggies. Regarding skills, I used to use frostbolt occasionally to freeze enemies, but this was nerfed. Now I don’t see myself using anything except arcane bolts. The nerf on Maggie’s silence field is making me use it less.
        Most common minion setup seems to be x2 endars and a robin

My preferred is x2 endars and eileen
        Account deleted

Comment

Magroths AOE red splat gets hidden by the freeze of robin/endars
          Using vortex on packs makes them juddery and the graphics temporarily fly up the screen
          Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post

It's important for the developers to cater somewhat to the elite players of the game. But this update seems to cater to them almost exclusively. Do they really think they are going to grow this game's playerbase and appeal by showering people who already have amazing items with even more amazing items? None of it makes any sense to me. I've heard they are working on flattening the curve a bit, which would be a good idea, because right now any new player has a pretty impossible hill to climb.

Coldet - That's not really a fair assessment. It's a closed beta that requires you to actively sign up and it only works on Android, which not everyone uses. Though the general point is correct that the current community is pretty small for a three-year-old game.
            take it easy....this is a closed beta, the DEVS will improve it in the very near future
            For Gold And Glory

Comment

I think maps are trial bugged sometimes. Cant get the green bar full and no enemies around anymore lol
              still a newbie
              mobile mostly
              --
              Main: PEJU NOWE FELU 3375
              Receives Daily Gems

Chibari (ELR XP/EG Later in the game)
              Majisk (Arcanist Push)
              Klaus (Warrior Push)

Johanssen (Stalker Push)
              Genevieve (BH EG) [Coming Soon]
              --
              Second Account: XEMA JAWI VUFU 9588
              when bored or something, only does dailies, no subscription
              Acelotte (BH)
              not sure what comes next

Comment

Known bug
                Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  My preferred is x2 endars and eileen
                  +1. (note robin is identical to endar. Only need to buy one)
                  VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post
                    I recently tried going back to my mage on the new trials. I found it completely unviable and went back to the warrior.
                    I'm a mage CP 206 and finished trial 60 in around 7:30 against TBD. I killed him by carefully watching his tells, kiting in a circle, using arcane bolts, blink, time warp, and blizzard -- this was challenging (fun) but not frustrating or unviable. Of course everyone has a unique experience -- but this was mine.

Comment

Accessing the Leaderboard and it timed out (503) -- someone may have already mentioned this.

Comment

I just ran The Temple on Legendary with my Mage and a couple of things aren't working properly. In the large area in the center of The Temple, after my mage kills a few monsters with Arcane Bolts, she sort of goes on autopilot and runs around killing everything with Arcane Bolts without me directing her or purposely aggro-ing monsters. This isn't exactly a bad thing, because I can sit back and relax and let my Mage do the work -- but I doubt this is the intended behavior. This is quite different from the pre-beta mechanic. Secondly, while I do have Frostbolt slotted, as my Mage approaches monster(s) -- and before even firing a shot -- the monster(s) go into the "frozen" white animation. For context, I had the following slotted: Frostbolts, Arcane Bolts, Blink, Time Warp, and Death from Above. Side note: this is the first time I used Death from Above and it's pretty fracking awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by sirkenneth View Post
                          I just ran The Temple on Legendary with my Mage and a couple of things aren't working properly. In the large area in the center of The Temple, after my mage kills a few monsters with Arcane Bolts, she sort of goes on autopilot and runs around killing everything with Arcane Bolts without me directing her or purposely aggro-ing monsters. This isn't exactly a bad thing, because I can sit back and relax and let my Mage do the work -- but I doubt this is the intended behavior. This is quite different from the pre-beta mechanic. Secondly, while I do have Frostbolt slotted, as my Mage approaches monster(s) -- and before even firing a shot -- the monster(s) go into the "frozen" white animation. For context, I had the following slotted: Frostbolts, Arcane Bolts, Blink, Time Warp, and Death from Above. Side note: this is the first time I used Death from Above and it's pretty fracking awesome.
                          Known issue, is a memory leak, will be fixed before this goes to stable.

Comment

Travis, shouldn't this be in the announcements section?

Comment

Working...
                            X