Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release notes for closed beta game update 1.2.59

Bug fixes

Fixed a bug which caused singularity to do less damage than intended.

Fixed a bug which caused crafted rings to gain higher item budget than intended. Rings crafted during the beta releases 1.2.57 and 1.2.58 have been scaled down to normal budget values.

Fixed a bug which caused legitimate players to incorrectly lose access to the Leaderboards.

General

Corrected a number of tooltips, that were not properly indicating the functionality of certain abilities.

The experience required per champion level has been readjusted. Characters with lower than 1800 champion levels should see a decrease in the amount required to gain a champion level, while characters over 1800 champion levels should see an increase in the amount required.

Champion levels invested into Haste Rating now provide 2.5 Haste per point (was 1 per point).

Champion levels invested into Ability Rate now provide 4 Ability Rate per point (was 5 per point).

Champion levels invested into Critical Damage now provide 2% critical damage per point (was 1% per point).

Critical Rating K(70) coefficient is now 3000 (was 3500). The formula to determine the critical chance at level 70 is now Chance to crit = Critical Rating / (Critical Rating + 3000).

The experience obtained from monsters in the Campaign in heroic difficulty is now 150% of the experience obtained from equivalent normal mode monsters.

The experience obtained from monsters in the Campaign in legendary difficulty is now 200% of the experience obtained from equivalent normal mode monsters.

Boss monsters now provide 2500% the amount of experience provided by a regular monster (was 500%).

Elite monsters now provide 500% the amount of experience provided by a regular monster (was 200%).

The Trials completion timer is now 10 minutes (was 9:40).

Legendary items now have a slightly higher chance to drop in Trial levels lower than 68 (58 for the item awarded for completing a trial in time).

Bosses

Magroth Charge cooldown increased by 3 seconds.

Magroth Meteor Shower cooldown increased by 3 seconds.

Magroth radius slightly decreased.

Magroth Charge should no longer hit Heroes positioned safely behind Magroth when the Charge begins.

Elban Impale damage increased by 100%, and the bonus to Hero damage increased by 50%. Elban health has been slightly increased.

Bounty Hunter

Snipe is now using smart targeting, optimizing the numbers of targets hit in a small cone.

Mage

Arcane bolts (rank 10) now deal 125% damage per bolt (was 115%). Lower ranks were adjusted accordingly.

Frostbolt (rank 10) now deals 425% weapon damage (was 300%). Lower ranks were adjusted accordingly.

Frost Beam has been redesigned. It is now using smart targeting, auto-aiming to hit as many targets as possible. In addition, Frost Beam (rank 10) now deals 650% weapon damage per second, and damages targets faster based on the Hero’s attack speed. Frost Beam deals double damage to frozen targets, and damage is increased by up to 50% the longer the channeling is maintained.

The impact radius of Death from Above missiles was increased by approximately 30%.

Warrior

Battle Rage (rank 7+) now increases damage dealt by 20% (was 25%).

Whirlwind now reduces damage taken by 10% per equipped weapon (was 8%), and deals 30% more damage when dual wielding (was 25%).

Devastate of all ranks now attacks 10 times (was 3-5 at rank 1, up to 6-10 at rank 10).

Cleave rank 7 and above now reduces damage taken by 15% (was 10%).

Sets

The Arcanist 4 parts set bonus now increases the number of Arcane Missiles by 4, up from 2.

Juggernaut 6 parts set bonus: 10% chance to perform a Whirlwind when attacking replaced by increases the damage of Whirlwind and Cleave by 15%.

Defender 4 parts set bonus now increases Sword and Board Shield Slam damage by 100%.

Defender 6 parts set bonus now reduces the internal cooldown of the Deadly Throw proc caused by Shield Block by 2 seconds.

Havoc 6 parts set bonus now causes Heatseekers to fire 6 additional missiles.

Stalker 6 parts set bonus Snipe ability now uses Snipe rank 1 (was rank 10) and has a 35 attacks internal cooldown (was 5 attacks), but the chance to occur has been increased to 20% (was 10%).

The Adventurer set can now drop at legendary quality for all classes.

Sounds... very interesting!
    Checking it out now.

OK, I just have to say... Went from champion level 412 to 416 in about 20 seconds!
    I guess this is because of the XP changes?

Liking the Cleave improvements, but wish Battle Rage could have some of its move speed back.
    I definitely like the boost to Attack Speed from Haste.

Am I nuts, or does your starting position in Story mode levels (like #15 The Fiery Pits) now get determined randomly?
    (Actually, that's a false dichotomy; both may be true.)

More as it happens...
    Last edited by ZorkRefugee; 10-10-2017, 07:30 PM.
    My friend code is DONO MUGE JIZI 9874 -- sounds naughty to me!

Comment

Stalker nerfed badly

The rest is... great!

Comment

These mostly look like nice changes. Thanks for listening to and responding promptly to feedback.

The arcanist set change confuses me a bit because I already thought that was the best set and main attack to use.

Smart people, please tell us dumb people what to do with our CPs now. LOL!

Comment

I can't wait to try everything! When does the open beta begin, or will this beta go straight to gold?
          WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

Originally posted by ZorkRefugee View Post
            Sounds... very interesting!

Am I nuts, or does your starting position in Story mode levels (like #15 The Fiery Pits) now get determined randomly?
            (Actually, that's a false dichotomy; both may be true.)

More as it happens...
            I asked Red about this and he said it's intentional -- an anti-clicker measure.
            Cerberus
            SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

I just played one level and the XP difference is.. dramatic.

As one of the leading whiners (ya I admit it) about the grind in Eternium I must say that... while the gameplay is still basically the same repeated, it FEELS much less grindy when you progress rapidly. I feel like I have a prayer of getting to a high enough CL where I can get to the higher level trials where the goodies are.

Haven't tried my mage yet though.

heyjude1971 what do you think of the warrior set changes? Wondering what to go after. I only just got 4 Juggernaut pieces but they aren't very good ones (to say the least).

Has the jewelry situation been figured out now? I'm not clear on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post
                heyjude1971 what do you think of the warrior set changes? Wondering what to go after. I only just got 4 Juggernaut pieces but they aren't very good ones (to say the least).

Has the jewelry situation been figured out now? I'm not clear on that.
                I'm farming XP at the moment, so the primary thing I'm noticing is much quicker CL gains.
                I'm using Charge, Devastate, and Battle Rage with exact same setup as I had pre-update and it does seems like I'm killing more quickly (CL 269).
                I think we need to do as you suggest - gain CLs and get to higher trials for better gear.

The jewelry situation has been resolved. Not everyone is happy with it, but the items which were made when the beta allowed values to be too high are now within normal ranges.
                Cerberus
                SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

Interesting, my build is totally different. I am using Shockwave (which I finally got to 10) for its synergy with Rending Slash -- it often clears entire groups of mobs with one shot. My others are DT and Battle Rage, but was considering swapping Battle Rage to try Whirlwind or Devastate.

I know the issues with too-strong jewelery are fixed but I'm not sure if the old "standbys" in terms of stats are the same. In particular, Haste doesn't seem to be as good as Attack Speed once was. So I'm not sure what to build. Same on the defensive side... I guess I'll wait a bit longer until things settle a little bit.

Comment

Update time woot woot! Time to get my game on
                    Mobile only Android Note 10 plus

Comment

Since it didn't get addressed; now you can have more than 20 Gemstones in your bag aswell
                      Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
                      when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
                      YOLO

Comment

I killed 10 zombies in TBD and jumped up by three CL's to 877..WHAT?

Are you kidding? I hope this is a bug.. Else you are telling all previous grinders they wasted their time...

I'm not even going to comment on the other changes.

ROYE SEYA GORA 5745 - XP warrior: Nuvo - CL 1200 Oct. 2017

Comment

On trials 39 and 42 (one attempt each) I got all but 1 rough gemstones. This is pretty bleh. Not sure if it was that way before. I assume you get more rough gemstones at higher levels? Can you get better than rough?

THANK YOU for the increased gemstone stack size. I now don't have to waste time after every level cascade-fusing my gemstones.

EDIT: I see no mass XP in TBD on heroic at least. Maybe legendary is bugged?

Comment

Originally posted by icaros View Post

Are you kidding? I hope this is a bug.. Else you are telling all previous grinders they wasted their time...

Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by icaros View Post

When you first begin, you may gain a few at once due to the exp boost calculations, but even after that CLs are coming quickly -- Getting 1 per legendary CoW run or 2.5 per Trial 40 run.

+486% exp
                              CL273
                              Cerberus
                              SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

Working...
                              X