Release notes for closed beta game update 1.2.59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Land View Post
    Can one join closed beta without gmail? I tried to join and did but my Gmail is not linked to eternium profile?
    This thread may be helpful: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...eta-apk-1-2-59

Comment

Originally posted by RiseOfAbyss View Post
      You aren't supposed to be playing a game just because you're the best in it and/or ahead of others. You are playing because you love the game. I know it will take some time to get used to changes that can ruin your work (or undermine it), but just try to accept and embrace the new stuff.
      I have to disagree here. I am not the slightest bit better (or best) than anybody else. I actually find myself lacking in skill compared to others. So I enjoyed this game because I was able to compensate a bit by putting in time by grinding. Now I am being told that my effort isn't worth much due to the change - that's what I find dissapointing.

Also I don't consider my CL ahead of others nor do I compare or even care about other people's CL. Same point as last paragraph. I wouldn't mind a post CL 1000 nerf in form of diminishing returns, that had been announced and people were aware. Anybody grinding past that point knew that was going to happen.

On a side note (I'm being respectful here), please be kind enough not to tell me or others how we are supposed to play a game. I play for the fun of it (and the motivation of achieving something by personal effort) andn't like being told how I should or shouldn't have fun, that's where work comes in and my boss can tell me what he/she wants me to do.

ROYE SEYA GORA 5745 - XP warrior: Nuvo - CL 1200 Oct. 2017

Comment

Actually nerfing cl gain speed past cl1000 was simply unworkable when there are already ppl with 1300+ cl. The reason is you are then permanently etching into stone the cl advantage for those high cl players. So the only workable solution was to set that level at the current highest legal cl. So I understand why Devs are doing it this way.
        The same reason if storm living weapons turned out to be the best possible weapons, I would have quit the game if I have no way obtaining them after missing the initial chance. Anything that confers permanent advantage will be a detriment to the longevity of a multi user game.
        GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

I don't see how diminishing returns from CP's gained post CL 1000 etches anything permanently into stone.

Nerfing CL gain speed doesn't make much sense at all..

​​​​​Ofc everybody will welcome gaining xp towards CL faster, it just shouldn't be as ridiculous as it currently is in beta compared to before. Nobody likes their past serious efforts to be reduced in worth by a major amount.

ROYE SEYA GORA 5745 - XP warrior: Nuvo - CL 1200 Oct. 2017

Comment

Something I'm noticing today with ads... Some are truncated into the lower left ~ quarter of the screen, with no visible 'mute' button, only part of the action showing, and a blank screen instead of the usual 'splash' screen with Download button. At least one was a Walking Dead game, couldn't see the title of the other, but it looked similar, may have been the same. Final Fantasy XV ad played properly, and often (sigh).
            My friend code is DONO MUGE JIZI 9874 -- sounds naughty to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
              Actually nerfing cl gain speed past cl1000 was simply unworkable when there are already ppl with 1300+ cl. The reason is you are then permanently etching into stone the cl advantage for those high cl players. So the only workable solution was to set that level at the current highest legal cl. So I understand why Devs are doing it this way.
              The same reason if storm living weapons turned out to be the best possible weapons, I would have quit the game if I have no way obtaining them after missing the initial chance. Anything that confers permanent advantage will be a detriment to the longevity of a multi user game.
              Devs had said before they'd look at significantly reducing the value of CL after the 1000 mark
              Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by icaros View Post
                I don't see how diminishing returns from CP's gained post CL 1000 etches anything permanently into stone.

Nerfing CL gain speed doesn't make much sense at all..

​​​​​Ofc everybody will welcome gaining xp towards CL faster, it just shouldn't be as ridiculous as it currently is in beta compared to before. Nobody likes their past serious efforts to be reduced in worth by a major amount.
                I think you are moving the discussion. You were talking about the speed of gaining cl past 1k. By making it faster it bunches up players. The permanent advantage of high cl players if the cl lvl gain speed is slowed down is that they will always enjoy a significant cl lvl advantage. That is the part being made permanent if cl exp gain speed is nerfed at 1k.

I wasnt talking about the diminishing return of cl pts themselves. We don't know what future attributes we can put the cp pts in. So that is an unknown and a changing unknown.

I get your point about how the new xp system trivialized some of our previous grinding efforts. That unfortunately is part of any change. On the bright side, think of all the extra gemstones you have collected compared to someone who hasn't played as long. So the change isn't removing all fruits of hard labor.
                GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

Devs had said before they'd look at significantly reducing the value of CL after the 1000 mark
                  I think Devs haven't really settled on what the whole cp structure will look like in its final form. So it is impossible to implement diminishing return until more is known/decided. But for leveling the playing field some, they had to bunch up the players in cp lvls. That is my guess on why they chose this route.
                  GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

I can perfectly understand people who spent a lot of time grinding levels being unhappy that it's easier now. (Time, not effort -- there was no effort required in the previous system.)

However, the devs had little choice but to make this sort of change. "Grind to win" is not a sustainable business model, especially in the current gaming world.

I've been on the other side of this. It happens in every game of this type that starts out grindy. I mean, it is STILL grindy, just not as bad, and with some hope that new content will make the time investment worthwhile.
                    Last edited by Qeltar; 10-11-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I think Devs haven't really settled on what the whole cp structure will look like in its final form. So it is impossible to implement diminishing return until more is known/decided. But for leveling the playing field some, they had to bunch up the players in cp lvls. That is my guess on why they chose this route.
                      Players are already bunched up, those with +1000 CL represent a tiny minority.

If your argument is leveling the playing field by "balancing" CL then theyll have to balance jewellery. If you are balancing jewellery you have to balance gear

At some point you've got to reward people that are prepared to go beyond the average player.

The LEDs and Mohins of this world are the driving force for the community below them, if the community below them get parity for no effort they will walk away because in their fickle/lazy eyes they have won the game
                      Last edited by Dave; 10-11-2017, 07:52 PM.
                      Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post
                        I can perfectly understand people who spent a lot of time grinding levels being unhappy that it's easier now. (Time, not effort -- there was no effort required in the previous system.)

However, the devs had little choice but to make this sort of change. "Grind to win" is not a sustainable business model, especially in the current gaming world.

I've been on the other side of this. It happens in every game of this type that starts out grindy. I mean, it is STILL grindy, just not as bad, and with some hope that new content will make the time investment worthwhile.
                        WOW adopted a similar "model" of giving players and easy pass and shed millions of players
                        Account deleted

Comment

WOW is not comparable to this situation. It's an old, established game on an out-of-favor platform, and the change was made for different reasons. Has nothing to do with this. (DP/MF only wishes they had WOW's subscriber base! )

You can't build a successful game on a few dozen people. Sorry. As I said, I can understand how they feel, I've been there myself, but that's how it goes. You should never grind a game like this unless you are doing it for your own reasons.

And there's no "winning the game" anyway, there's really nothing to win except personal milestones, none of which are affected by what others do.
                          Last edited by Qeltar; 10-11-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

Players are already bunched up, those with +1000 CL represent a tiny minority.

If your argument is leveling the playing field by "balancing" CL then theyll have to balance jewellery. If you are balancing jewellery you have to balance gear

At some point you've got to reward people that are prepared to go beyond the average player.

The LEDs and Mohins of this world are the driving force for the community below them, if the community below them get parity for no effort they will walk away because in their fickle/lazy eyes they have won the game
                            CL lvl is the most obvious and easy to do balancing method. Better gear, better jewelry all require far more time and rng favor. As I mentioned above, not all benefits of the long grind have been balanced away. I'm speaking as someone who don't even have access to the beta so I have been stuck at my cl level while enviously looking on. LED and Mohin have amassed sets of perfect jewelry and gemstones ready to craft the next Uber combo. Those advantages will not go away.

gear parity will come sooner, and jewelry parity will come last in my estimation. But giving the masses some semblance of level parity will keep the base engaged. Like the whole American dream as a concept is really to keep the reality of unequal opportunity hidden. Oops did I say that out loud. Chuckle.
                            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post
                              WOW is not comparable to this situation. It's an old, established game on an out-of-favor platform, and the change was made for different reasons. Has nothing to do with this. (DP/MF only wishes they had WOW's subscriber base! )

You can't build a successful game on a few dozen people. Sorry. As I said, I can understand how they feel, I've been there myself, but that's how it goes. You should never grind a game like this unless you are doing it for your own reasons.

And there's no "winning the game" anyway, there's really nothing to win except personal milestones, none of which are affected by what others do.
                              According to GDC 2017’s survey, the PC platform is the most popular one. The survey conducted from the views of over 4,5000 video game developers who have attended GDC over the past 3 years and according to the results, 53% of the survey-takers are currently developing for the PC platform. This further proves how popular … Continue reading GDC 2017 survey: PC remains the most popular platform, 53% of game creators developing for it →

Account deleted

Comment

But giving the masses some semblance of level parity will keep the base engaged. Like the whole American dream as a concept is really to keep the reality of unequal opportunity hidden. Oops did I say that out loud. Chuckle.
                                I just threw up a bit
                                Account deleted

Comment

Working...
                                X