No announcement yet.

Release notes for closed beta game update 1.2.59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But if you look at PC revenues, they are a shrinking slice of the gaming pie. Whatever, this has nothing to do with the current discussion.

Eternium has a tiny playerbase and it will never grow if new players are faced with an insurmountable mountain because you can't come close to achieving power parity without spending 2,000 hours grinding. Anyone who did that should have realized change would eventually have to come, because it always does. As I said, I can understand if some of them are unhappy, but you can't fund development of a serious title on the backs of 50 or 100 people.

And it's not like they made the game easier, like it required tons of skill before to get to high levels and now it doesn't. In fact they did the opposite.

The people at CL1000+ still have an advantage, others just now have a hope of catching up.

Comment

Originally posted by icaros View Post

I have to disagree here. I am not the slightest bit better (or best) than anybody else. I actually find myself lacking in skill compared to others. So I enjoyed this game because I was able to compensate a bit by putting in time by grinding. Now I am being told that my effort isn't worth much due to the change - that's what I find dissapointing.

Also I don't consider my CL ahead of others nor do I compare or even care about other people's CL. Same point as last paragraph. I wouldn't mind a post CL 1000 nerf in form of diminishing returns, that had been announced and people were aware. Anybody grinding past that point knew that was going to happen.

On a side note (I'm being respectful here), please be kind enough not to tell me or others how we are supposed to play a game. I play for the fun of it (and the motivation of achieving something by personal effort) andn't like being told how I should or shouldn't have fun, that's where work comes in and my boss can tell me what he/she wants me to do.
      I understand your feeling, since I used to be a veteran elsewhere, and I am becoming a veteran here, the devs surely will hurt me someday in a similar way. But the game has to allow new players to catch up even surpass old players, by doing this it stays alive. Otherwise it'll die in near future, then we have no (such a good) game to play.
      For Gold And Glory

Comment

Oops
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        King of Android play
        NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

87 diamonds!!! Jealous
          GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

So why am I starting on different parts of story mode maps? Anyone else?
            still a newbie
            mobile mostly
            --
            Main: PEJU NOWE FELU 3375
            Receives Daily Gems

Chibari (ELR XP/EG Later in the game)
            Majisk (Arcanist Push)
            Klaus (Warrior Push)

Johanssen (Stalker Push)
            Genevieve (BH EG) [Coming Soon]
            --
            Second Account: XEMA JAWI VUFU 9588
            when bored or something, only does dailies, no subscription
            Acelotte (BH)
            not sure what comes next

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffsandoval014 View Post
              So why am I starting on different parts of story mode maps? Anyone else?
              Originally posted by heyjude1971 View Post

I asked Red about this and he said it's intentional -- an anti-clicker measure.
              Cerberus
              SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

Personally looking at this change, I'd say that it's a pretty clever one. There's a but though. I don't like that, for example when you start in the middle of a map, the mobs of that area disappear. This one leads, on MI for example, having like 4 spots to kill instead of the normal 5 (on my last MI the spots were minus 2, not 1 like the example I set).
                Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
                when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
                YOLO

Comment

Originally posted by RiseOfAbyss View Post
                  I don't like that, for example when you start in the middle of a map, the mobs of that area disappear. This one leads, on MI for example, having like 4 spots to kill instead of the normal 5 (on my last MI the spots were minus 2, not 1 like the example I set).
                  Soon it will be not big deal for you. Still you can repeat dungeon and still mostly you will farm XP in trials.
                  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. .. I told him: You can.

Comment

Damn. I truly sound like a girl who just lost her chips. Nvm
                    Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
                    when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
                    YOLO

Comment

No idea if intentional d dunno if should be posted here but when I gem/gold farming levels it keeps changing my starring location so I am missing gold/gems... tried reloading and nothing

Edit: on phone didn't realise I missed several pages will go back and read. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Ashnu View Post
                        No idea if intentional d dunno if should be posted here but when I gem/gold farming levels it keeps changing my starring location so I am missing gold/gems... tried reloading and nothing

Edit: on phone didn't realise I missed several pages will go back and read. Sorry

Some people used programs to run areas in story mode. Starting at an unpredictable location each time helps to prevent this.
                        Cerberus
                        SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                          Yup, a randomized starting point is intentional.
                          Will they be going back and banning all these people that were using scripts to jack up their CL's?

The update seems really promising. I can't wait to try it out on iOS.
                          Kelton - YIJO MIWE BIHO 1067

Comment

Originally posted by Kelton View Post
                            Will they be going back and banning all these people that were using scripts to jack up their CL's? The update seems really promising. I can't wait to try it out on iOS.
                            Accounts flagged for using bots to run levels have been banned from multiplayer features (like leaderboards).

Comment

please enhance this beautiful set, for instance, add some triggering skill, even make it able to cast other classes' skill (like Diablo2 did in 1.10)

IMG_20171013_110252.png
                              For Gold And Glory

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                                Accounts flagged for using bots to run levels have been banned from multiplayer features (like leaderboards).
                                Excellent, kudos for this!

Kelton - YIJO MIWE BIHO 1067

Comment

Working...
                                X