No announcement yet.

Limited Time Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to decide what sort of character to pick. I only started playing a little over a week ago and have a mage at lvl 70, champion level "a hundred and I forget". I got a warrior, bounty hunter and a second mage to lvl 9 for the daily gems. Playing a mage in the event would be easiest as I know roughly how they work. But I saw a comment somewhere on the forum suggesting a warrior worked well with a mage. I'm not sure what the actual advantage of having both actually is though. Maybe someone knows if there is a real advantage to having one of each? Ta.
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​​

Comment

This isn't mentioned in the FAQ but is the event character limited to just one? If yes, we have to decide on one class and stick to it till the very end yes?
      And for the event slot, will they give a new opened event slot by default or do we have to have an open slot? I have one un-opened/un-use slot.
      Will we be able to use XP boosters or are they locked for the event? Because I see that the FAQ says only the Gems will be made available and not the gold and CL and even the stash will not be accessible. If stash isn't made available does it mean that we have to sell or get rid of the items which we don't use? Will there be new gold tab for the event so that we can buy consumables and gears from the store?

I didn't play the first time so I have no idea how this thing works and just want to be a little prepared for it.

Now about the rewards, the descriptions for the Custom Legendary/Celestial items say "near perfect values" so perfect values is not guaranteed whereas Custom Jewellery item says "max value" so perfect stat value yes?

Comment

Originally posted by ggsonic View Post
        This isn't mentioned in the FAQ but is the event character limited to just one? If yes, we have to decide on one class and stick to it till the very end yes?
        And for the event slot, will they give a new opened event slot by default or do we have to have an open slot? I have one un-opened/un-use slot.
        Will we be able to use XP boosters or are they locked for the event? Because I see that the FAQ says only the Gems will be made available and not the gold and CL and even the stash will not be accessible. If stash isn't made available does it mean that we have to sell or get rid of the items which we don't use? Will there be new gold tab for the event so that we can buy consumables and gears from the store?

I didn't play the first time so I have no idea how this thing works and just want to be a little prepared for it.

Now about the rewards, the descriptions for the Custom Legendary/Celestial items say "near perfect values" so perfect values is not guaranteed whereas Custom Jewellery item says "max value" so perfect stat value yes?
        Yes, Yes, You get a new temporary spot, You can use boosters, Items will transfer after the event, Yes, Yes. Sure you read the FAQ?

Comment

The new FAQ mentioned the "champion experience pool" - which XP gets transferred here? ALL XP gained by the event hero, including the amount needed to reach level 70, or only the Champion Level XP?

So this means that, if none of your normal heroes are level 70 yet, the event XP will sit there and you'll get access to it when you get to level 70 - so there will be a jump, similar to how it is right now when you get your other Heroes to level 70, they'll "jump" to match the current CL.
          Eternium Files - links and details

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
            The new FAQ mentioned the "champion experience pool" - which XP gets transferred here? ALL XP gained by the event hero, including the amount needed to reach level 70, or only the Champion Level XP?

So this means that, if none of your normal heroes are level 70 yet, the event XP will sit there and you'll get access to it when you get to level 70 - so there will be a jump, similar to how it is right now when you get your other Heroes to level 70, they'll "jump" to match the current CL.
            If you keep the event hero, then the XP needed to get to level 70 did just that: got you to level 70. If you don't keep the event hero, then all the XP becomes champion XP on your account. That is true even if you don't have any level 70 hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Dance View Post
              I need to decide what sort of character to pick. I only started playing a little over a week ago and have a mage at lvl 70, champion level "a hundred and I forget". I got a warrior, bounty hunter and a second mage to lvl 9 for the daily gems. Playing a mage in the event would be easiest as I know roughly how they work. But I saw a comment somewhere on the forum suggesting a warrior worked well with a mage. I'm not sure what the actual advantage of having both actually is though. Maybe someone knows if there is a real advantage to having one of each? Ta.
              ​​​​​​
              ​​​​​
              The true answer is to play whichever class you prefer.

That said, it seems like there are advantages to certain classes. The mechanics of the BH seem to facilitate being able to achieve higher levels in trials, and there was a higher percentage of BHs at higher TLs in the beta. Since the vast majority of rewards in this event align to advancing in trials, you may want to consider the BH if that is your goal. There are a few rewards tied to story and top 10/25/100 rank in the leaderboards, but those will depend on how many other people pick the same class as you, which is a roll of the dice.

Comment

Also, I believe you only get to create and use a single character in the event, so you would have to pick one class.

Comment

Adrian (Developer) I read the Q&A so sorry for this question but I want to make absolutely sure. When u guys announced events it was explained that one could replace an existing hero with an event hero after the event concluded. Based upon that premise I created a new account to prepare for events. Now it appearsfrom your recent FAQ that an existing hero cannot be replaced by an event hero. Is that correct? And if I want to keep an event hero I must have an open, unlocked hero slot? So for my new account that means I need to pay 500 gems to unlock a 4th hero slot if I want to keep the event hero? Please tell me I’m reading your Q&A incorrectly

Comment

Originally posted by Peacedawg View Post
                    Adrian (Developer) I read the Q&A so sorry for this question but I want to make absolutely sure. When u guys announced events it was explained that one could replace an existing hero with an event hero after the event concluded. Based upon that premise I created a new account to prepare for events. Now it appearsfrom your recent FAQ that an existing hero cannot be replaced by an event hero. Is that correct? And if I want to keep an event hero I must have an open, unlocked hero slot? So for my new account that means I need to pay 500 gems to unlock a 4th hero slot if I want to keep the event hero? Please tell me I’m reading your Q&A incorrectly

Q: What happens to the event hero once the event is over?
                    A: If a character slot is available and unlocked, the event hero becomes a regular hero that occupies that character slot. If all character slots are occupied or if any unoccupied character slot is not unlocked, the event hero is deleted, but experience, gold, gemstones and non-Celestial equipment it acquired are sent to your regular mail inbox. Celestial items become Celestial Cubes, and these are sent to your regular mail inbox.

(From the FAQ the devs posted in Announcements this morning)
                    Last edited by Rytrik; 02-16-2018, 04:42 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure why you created a new account if you're planning to "replace an existing hero".

This is what I understand from the FAQ:

1. If your account have an available Hero slot, then the Event Hero will go there and become a normal Hero - which actually means you got no choice but to keep the Event Hero.

2. If you currently do not have an available Hero slot, you can either unlock one with Gems (if you haven't done all of them already), or delete an existing Hero - this is regardless of whether you have 5 or not. After which, your account have an available slot for the Event Hero, so point 1 apply.

Example for point 2:
                      - Standard account, 2 Hero slots, have created 2 Heroes but don't want to pay Gems to unlock the 3rd slot. Play event, deletes either Hero #1 or #2, then Event Hero takes the now vacate slot. Account still only have 2 Heroes, and 3 locked Hero slots.

Edit:
                      You're not going to be getting a Hero slot for free after the event, the Event Hero slot is for use during the event only.
                      Eternium Files - links and details

Eternium Guides:

Comment

The event is good only if you want and have place for another level 1 ?
                        DOYO ZOMU BENA 5114 , For gold and glory... I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Foodie View Post

The true answer is to play whichever class you prefer.

That said, it seems like there are advantages to certain classes. The mechanics of the BH seem to facilitate being able to achieve higher levels in trials, and there was a higher percentage of BHs at higher TLs in the beta. Since the vast majority of rewards in this event align to advancing in trials, you may want to consider the BH if that is your goal. There are a few rewards tied to story and top 10/25/100 rank in the leaderboards, but those will depend on how many other people pick the same class as you, which is a roll of the dice.
                          Ta. Of course, it's hard to say which class I prefer as I've only properly played a Mage. :-) I guess I'll see how I feel when the event starts. I might experiment -as an inexperienced newby I doubt I'll do all that well whichever class I pick so now might be the time to try a warrior or BH to see how they compare :-)

Comment

Exactly Nhat, that was my point. Kind of disappointed I have to spend gems (either through delete hero or unlock a new hero slot). Before I spent the gems I wanted to make absolutely sure that was necessary. Guess I’ll choose to spend 50 gems to delete. Thanks all for responses.

Comment

Exactly Nhat, that was my point. Kind of disappointed I have to spend gems (either through delete hero or unlock a new hero slot). Before I spent the gems I wanted to make absolutely sure that was necessary. Guess I’ll choose to spend 50 gems to delete. Thanks all for responses.
                              If you think that's bad I spent 1500 gems on the chare the game said I had 4 hrs left of event I finished a sage and boom event was over I didnt get the option to switch to my other chars to empty there in entry to delete one I just lost the char

Comment

Question about event packs. If I don't use the XP Boosters, Research Books, Gemstone Selection Spreads and Gold by the end of the event do these items get transferred? Would sure like to use these on my mains. (I assume Gems will since they are already shared with my mains.)

Looking forward to the event!
                                Last edited by Geokhami; 02-17-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X