Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demolitionist Battlegear

My consideration:
    If the Molted Belt is a must-have for this built, then I'm committed to use explosive shot to building stacks of molten armor. Accordingly, the 6-player bonus would make no sense since I do not use the lethal shot.
    Would a 2-bonus of another set make more sense? Or would you like to play here with a Charm of Qol?
    Has anyone any experience?

Molten belt is a must. Lethal shot secondary attack with charm of qol seems to be best, because u need the first target to die ASAP to spread the sticky bombs.

as it is, piercing ammo doesnt apply sticky bomb, so if thats a feature not a bug, then u do need lethal shot bonuses + shock passive to kill 1st target to spread stickys.

Comment

havov 2 + 4 demolition. However the demolition gear is flawed, easy to destroy mobs, takes forever on the boss. Hopefully they will change it in the coming years / decades.

Comment

See the comments from Verminnard and UmbraDei about the best build for Demolitionist in this post: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-version-1-5-5. For me, adding Molten Belt to my 6 piece Demolitionist BH made a world of difference in being able to kill the bosses. I shaved about 4 minutes off my time in trial 110 after making this one change. Sounds like second piece you need is Talisman of Storms. I am still waiting for one of those to drop.

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Finally got Talisman of Storms, and I am sold on using that as the second trinket. I am also using Charm of Qol which triggers secondary attack [Lethal Shot] frequently enough to help with boss fights, especially helpful for those who forget to manually trigger those Lethal Shot attacks.

They need to cut the sticky bomb detonator time in half. It feels so long when fighting the boss waiting for the timer to tick down for a sticky bomb to explode. I see why they give the bonus they do for the 6th piece tho, least they thought of that.
        QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
        Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

• LodWig
          LodWig commented
          Editing a comment
          1) About the Molten belt: I think it's working as intended... Osmosis and Tracer Ammo stacks also are multiplicative with themselves (not showing on TA, but true). The belt was nerfed by reducing the percentage per stack, if the multiplicative aspect were a bug it would have been fixed.

2) One way to see the bombs are detonating continuously in Trials is by checking the Sticky Bomb damage while fighting the boss. With enough Molten Armor stacks, it shows.

• Reaucat
          Reaucat commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm.. can you show how you see this on TA??? I just checked and both the description AND dmg confirm that its additive within itself. Adds 7% to dmg per stack. 35% total (so count is additive).

Dmg tested using explosive shot, no gear except a green gun, no skills except tracer.
          "Explosive shot" portion didnt change;
          "explosion shot aoe" went from 608k from 50 attacks to 823k from 50 attacks. This is almost exactly 35%. if it was multiplicative total should have been closer to 40%, for a total around 850k.

• LodWig
          LodWig commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm.. can you show how you see this on TA???
          Go to the Training Grounds (obviously), remove weapons, equip a Fire Lily, do some Explosive Shots, note the average AoE damage (or the total damage and the number of explosions, for a slightly more accurate result); then equip the Tracer Ammo passive, raise the stack to maximum (10 with a Havoc Hood, you can equip one for a bigger difference between additive and multiplicative stacks), stop attacking, reset the damage sheet, before stacks vanishes do some Explosive Shots, note the average AoE damage, conclude.

The key parts are: a constant number of TA stacks, no weapon for no variations in base damage, a Fire Lily for no critical hits. If you don't have a Fire Lily, repeatedly try to do one explosion only (with zero and max TA stacks) so you can separate regular and critical hits.

I must say that you have it easy: when I concluded (months ago) on the multiplicative nature of Tracer Ammo stacks, I had no Fire Lilly and the damage for Explosive Shot was given as a whole (not separated between hit and explosion as it is now). I had to record an auto-attack session with me repeatedly opening and closing the stat sheet as fast as I could, and review the recording frame by frame to see the damage increases, then knowing the theoretical damages of the hit and the explosion, try to see if there was a critical hit or not. (To complicate matters: hit and explosion can critically hit independently; and the hit can add a stack, which is in effect if the hit triggers an explosion. On the other hand, the stack added by an explosion is not used for itself.)

[...] Lethal Shot bonus 250% dmg [...]
          The bonus damage is 100% per stacks, additive, and it's added damage: with five bombs, the damage of Lethal Shot is multiplied by 6.

Note that the same bonus is obtained by wearing the Assassin's Belt only, or only two Demolitionist armor pieces. (There is no gain in wearing both.)
          Last edited by LodWig; 07-22-2020, 09:35 AM.

Someone with a full set needs to check this but I think sticky bombs are giving the lethal shot bonus without having 6pcs of the set. I've only got 4/6 and I can see a big difference between lethal shot when I have sticky bombs active as opposed to when I don't. Hate to point it out but I hate to get used to the set and then have it change because they take out all the bugs lol
        QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
        Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

• Reaucat
          Reaucat commented
          Editing a comment
          Confirmed that lethal shot gets same bonus dmg from both 4pc AND 2pc demo set, as from full 6pc.

Average dmg per cast when testing roughly 200 attacks: 1.3m without stickys, 8m with max stickys. In all 3 tests: 2,4, 6pcc the results were thbasically ientical.

• Skyla
          Skyla commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I thought so. Cool for now I guess lol guess I can stop grinding so hard for my last 2pcs and just pretend haha

• LodWig
          LodWig commented
          Editing a comment
          Confirmed, using a Lily and no pistols, to have constant damage: demo2 grants demo6 bonus. It's also true of the Assassin's belt.

Wearing both demo2 and an Assassin's belt grants nothing.
      Working...
      X