• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, about that armor update...

I read in the latest War Gear patch notes:
    War Gear Update

Combat mechanics changes:
    - Damage reduction from armor has been increased, making armor a worthwhile defensive attribute now.
    Has anyone done the math on gemming for vitality vs armor for high level trials above, say, 120 TL?

I keep seeing that the leaders on the BH leader boards gemming for vitality to survive Garm and Kara. But it seems like that's a dead end road because damage will eventually out-scale health. Damage reduction, on the other hand, scales with damage; the bigger the damage the more mitigated by armor. Or is it just a case of not being able to get damage reduction on BH high enough to matter (say, 90% - 95%)?
    WIZA KIZO YIJO 1935

Hey ya know you got me thinking about it. So I started messing around with Diamonds VS Emeralds and Diamonds raise my Toughness level higher than Emeralds do and of course raised my armor rating almost 5%.

So for Silver I created 2 Ephermal Rings with the Armor stat. Before I created them I noticed Vitality would give only 225 points, while Armor give 450. Coupled with 2 Briliiant Diamonds both give 650 Armor.

It does appear to let me get hit a bit more before I die when I get swarmed by Mobs so Im liking the result.
    I used them to get my 2nd CT early. In screenshot I am wearing my pure XP rings again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	478
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	180434

Comment

• 100licad
      100licad commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s twice on rings, but four times on gemstones so best to improve armor is by gemstones.

What is your armor total and armor rating with those armor rings? My main BH has 6226 armor for 80.6% reduction. Just wondering how high another 1300 armor would increase total damage reduction.
    WIZA KIZO YIJO 1935

Comment

• Nhat
      Nhat commented
      Editing a comment
      Roughly 83.33% - all these should be correct: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n236yo183...butes.xls?dl=0
      (Don't need Dropbox, just open in browser...)

• LonesomeCrow1963
      LonesomeCrow1963 commented
      Editing a comment
      XP only rings
      7193 for 82.7% reduction
      Both Armor Rings
      8188 for 85.5%

I have a Trillion Diamond +160 on a Talisman and a Brilliant Diamond +200 on my Cape.
      No other Armor increases to base stats.
      Last edited by LonesomeCrow1963; 09-07-2020, 03:39 AM.

Thx Nhat and LonesomeCrow1963.

So 8500 armor for 85% damage reduction and 13500 armor for 90%. 8500 might work. You can get that with 2 armor rings (Armor, CC, CD/AR), and vitality from 4 - 6 Celestials should give enough health. I may have to try it for the end of Season 4.
    WIZA KIZO YIJO 1935

Comment

Working...
    X