How can they? What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can they? What should I do?

How can top player reach that high TL (169 now).
    I mean, my set is almost perfect, but here I am standing at TL 150. Maybe I have slower hand, but 19 difference in TL is just unbelievable.

I tried so many times in so many ways. But I don't think I can ever reach that TL even with the perfect sets.

Can someone give me some clue. Or maybe give me some advise about my setup. Maybe I missed something.

Little bit info :
    - I'm using Stalker Sets with Shadow Assassin Pistol Set
    - BoM with Explosive Shot increase 92%
    - Molten Belt, ToS, VotWS, and BoM with Nature Damage
    - Perfect Jewelry
    - All my gear has CD, CR, and Ability
    - I'm playing on low end PC with very standard FPS

Attached Files
    LUQA MIYE HOSI 1072

Steampunk - Stalker Bounty Hunter (Main Trial Pusher)
    Quinn - Assault Bounty Hunter (Gold Farmer)
    Cyberpunk - Warlord's/Fury Warrior (Fun Trial Pusher)
    Blackwidow - Warlord's/Furry Warrior (Exp Farmer)
    Punkd/Pinkd - Stalker/Warrior (ANB Runner)

S3 #52; S4 #35

Low end PC with very standard FPS is the answer. I believe that FPS affects number of mobs after vortex being hit and pierced by snipe (and therefore dot applied). Thats the only reasonable explanation for such huge dps.

Comment

• steampunk
      steampunk commented
      Editing a comment
      Benedicto It happens to me more when I'm playing on PC.

The same reason 100licad said. Because the size of the finger is bigger than cursor.

• Benedicto
      Benedicto commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I didn't knew it also happens on PC. I only played on PC very few times so my experience in trials were not that deep. But still PC cursor is more accurate than big fingers.

Additionally, using vortex on lower fps devices/pc makes graphical errors on mobs, not quite sure if they were truly pulled towards the group and hit by snipe because the mobs were going back and forth to the vortex point and their original spots. Looking at those makes me dizzy.
      Last edited by Benedicto; 09-30-2020, 07:05 AM.

• steampunk
      steampunk commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe this low fps vortex thing is the main problem. Because I expect so much damage from that vortex-snipe move.

Originally posted by steampunk View Post

I did some math and I think the equation is:
    ((>)4m damage (/items not CT'd and not fully orb'd +1) x (PC + ability auto scripts)) x mad skillz
    WIZA KIZO YIJO 1935

Comment

• steampunk
      steampunk commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting.

I believe auto scripts x mad skillz equal to god.

Originally posted by steampunk View Post
    I mean, my set is almost perfect, but here I am standing at TL 150. Maybe I have slower hand, but 19 difference in TL is just unbelievable.

I tried so many times in so many ways. But I don't think I can ever reach that TL even with the perfect sets.

Can someone give me some clue. Or maybe give me some advise about my setup. Maybe I missed something.

Little bit info :
    - I'm using Stalker Sets with Shadow Assassin Pistol Set
    - BoM with Explosive Shot increase 92%
    - Molten Belt, ToS, VotWS, and BoM with Nature Damage
    - Perfect Jewelry
    - All my gear has CD, CR, and Ability
    - I'm playing on low end PC with very standard FPS
    Unbelievable is exactly the right word. The chalk eaters will tell you it's just your fault. I doubt that.
    FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

I asked myself the same question...managed to beat TL153 in 9:59 !!! My gear is near perfect, just one lvl 76 item and celestials galore. I can only reach 20B-25B DPS with snipe DOT. There is one particular hero at TL159 with almost identical stats(I have a detailed excel statistic) and his DPS is 45B. By the way, I am playing on my new gaming laptop, 144FPS on 144 Hz monitor. Since I do not understand, I can only assume I suck big time.

Comment

• steampunk
        steampunk commented
        Editing a comment
        So, fps is not the problem. Then what?

Btw, i just beat TL 151 in 9:57. Its always going to be like this for me if I'm going to beat the Trial. Few seconds left, using power luck to push the TL.

Not to be callous, but the tears of those not on mobile are delicious.
      2x Mage Huffjenkem
      BH Ichifuku
      Warrior Fhqwhgads
      Warrior Yassqueen

Comment

Out of curiosity... I play Eternium on mobile, but of course I have played PC games. With Eternium on the PC can you do two things at once? For instance, can you move your hero and hit a key for an ability?

Comment

• steampunk
          steampunk commented
          Editing a comment
          In PC. You move by clicking the cursor and you also aim your ability with the cursor.

But of course it's easier to click for ability than drawing a sign. Save you a little bit of time.
          Last edited by steampunk; 09-30-2020, 01:34 PM. Reason: Typo

• Travesty
          Travesty commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, you can do two things at once on PC. Move with mouse and activate an ability with a key press.

• Naktl
          Naktl commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that makes an enormous difference. Completely different game really.

See his/her CL, maybe that is another factor.

Comment

• Calin Chc
          Calin Chc commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you mean collect half of all mobs in one big globe? With vortex? That would be a sight to see...

I used to do something like that as a jugger warrior with whirlwind and huge toughness, but for sure didn't manage to gather 1/3 of the mobs. As a BH, even if I collect a lot of them with magnetic trap and vortex, they die too slowly, DPS is too low.

Another shocking thing, I reached Garm in TL154 with 90 seconds left and died three times while shooting at him FROM INSIDE THE BLUE CIRCLE. So I just abandoned. Even if I could spawn him sooner, my 2.2M-2.3M toughness is not enough to keep me alive in the blue circle. Meanwhile, this guy finished TL159(Garm) with 1.8M toughness, lower haste than mine and did double DPS.
          Last edited by Calin Chc; 09-30-2020, 01:49 PM.

• Benedicto
          Benedicto commented
          Editing a comment
          Pulling large mobs without being killed by a single shot is a skill and an insane talent, maybe we just don't have that thing. At TL145 I am always a one hit KO with an HP of 170k and 83% armor.

• steampunk
          steampunk commented
          Editing a comment
          @CalinChc yes, I thought you mean that. Lol.

See, that's what I mean. People with lower Vit can survive higher Trial when I, with more Vit, can do easily die just because 1 skeleton raise their arm or shoot arrow to my knee.

The only reasonable explanation is that number of mobs pierced is FPS dependent, I can gather huge group, vortex them and spam few snipes even with ToS proc but only some are being hit, it seems that the more grouped mobs are the less mobs is being hit, and once they spread snipe hits only those that are in the way. You could probably kill big group with 2-3 vortex one after another, but only if all mobs are hit in the group.

Comment

• steampunk
          steampunk commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I have to agree with this reason.

I just tried using less vortex especially when my ToS is working and the result is I do more DPS from 20,77B to 22,02B even if I didn't manage to finished the Trial on time. But I see improvement on my part.

I'll keep trying and hopefully can beat TL 152 for this season.

• Naktl
          Naktl commented
          Editing a comment
          In settings have you turned “3D Creature Limit” all the way down?

• steampunk
          steampunk commented
          Editing a comment
          Naktl Good Idea. I think that might help the graphical error when using vortex

I finally lost my patience and CT my last 2 gear.

Voila, I managed to beat TL 152.

Now I can rest a little knowing I'm quite safe at Top 50.

Thank you guys for sharing info and idea.
        LUQA MIYE HOSI 1072

Steampunk - Stalker Bounty Hunter (Main Trial Pusher)
        Quinn - Assault Bounty Hunter (Gold Farmer)
        Cyberpunk - Warlord's/Fury Warrior (Fun Trial Pusher)
        Blackwidow - Warlord's/Furry Warrior (Exp Farmer)
        Punkd/Pinkd - Stalker/Warrior (ANB Runner)

S3 #52; S4 #35

Comment

I hit a wall at 148 but I'm still using mag trap and the original companions. I finished at #93 and that works for me. Killing the mobs was taking too long and I'd get to Elban with hardly any time left. Still fun though

Comment

• steampunk
            steampunk commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats Centurion!

steampunk OOT here...
          but your Guns effect looks really cool
          how to get it ? it said "get in event"
          but idk which event other than ANB ? and in ANB there is no such cosmetic reward tho ?
          Guide :

Comment

• steampunk
            steampunk commented
            Editing a comment
            From Season 3 Milestone Rewards.

And I got the body Aura Effect From Season 4 Milestone Reward.

Did everyone get the same effect from that reward or it's random? I'm not sure.
            Last edited by steampunk; 10-02-2020, 03:47 AM. Reason: Typo

• kurtcabage
            kurtcabage commented
            Editing a comment
            wish i got that too.. really cool btw

and do you know when next milestone event will be ?

• steampunk
            steampunk commented
            Editing a comment
            When Season 5 start.

I hope they still give Special Effect as reward in Season 5 Milestone.

I don't remember seeing any special effects as a reward this past season. Seems they were replaced by Glory.

Comment

• kurtcabage
            kurtcabage commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL so now how to get that special effect "cosmetic" ?

• RockDoc
            RockDoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Go into the dressing room, click on the little blue gem in upper right corner and they are available for purchase. With the cosmetic points you can buy effects or gear skins to change your appearance. So you can still get those effects, but at a price.

• kurtcabage
            kurtcabage commented
            Editing a comment
            no RockDoc
            i mean how to get special cosmetic item that labeled with "This item obtain in event" one ?
        Working...
        X