Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ads from Unity Ads not working

Game version: 1.2.115
    Windows/IOS/Android + version: Android (4.4.4)
    Device Model (EX: Apple iPhone7) : Samsung Galaxy J1 (SM-J100Y)
    Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): SoA (but doesn't really matter)
    Player Type (EX: Mage): Warrior (again, won't matter)
    Player Gear: NA
    Abilities: NA
    Reproducible: 5/5 (for those types of ads)

Some of the ads by Unity Ads are not finishing properly, game is frozen after closing the ad - things works again after opening and closing the Options menu.

Very consistent with the same ad "style/format" and also occurred in Ironbound - hopefully it can be chased up with the ad provider or something. Thanks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-17-07-53-06.png Views:	1 Size:	269.5 KB ID:	113997Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-17-07-53-18.png Views:	1 Size:	57.3 KB ID:	113998

Edit:
    Other ad "style/format" works fine, even from Unity Ads. Seems like it's just these ones - where you have the time countdown next to the (X).

Edit 2:
    I'm in Australia, just in case they ask for the region/location.
    Last edited by Nhat; 09-16-2018, 10:52 PM.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

This is still happening (v1.3.19) - and more often than not the game is "frozen" after returning from these types of ads. Real time clock still seems to be "ticking", since the Endar's offer count down is still ticking, but I cannot move or use any abilities. The "frozen" issue is fixed by pressing either the Options or Gear buttons on the screen and then returning to the game, but no Gems from watching the ad.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Minor update, v1.3.36 & 1.3.40

Ad type still bugged => on closing the game is frozen, this clears up for me by opening the gear menu and closing again.

If the ad managed to load and play fully, then I do get the 5 Gems, but there's no banner saying that. Ad some times also doesn't load properly and go straight to end screen, no Gems in that case.

Again, only happen with these types of ads from Unity Ads, all others works properly. Similarly in Ironbound, but always fail => no gold, play ad icon remains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-15-10-10-35.png
Views:	608
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	126401Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-15-10-10-44.png
Views:	586
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	126402Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-15-10-10-52.png
Views:	660
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	126403

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Seen a few posts on Discord about crashes with this type of ad too.

Only had it crashed on my once or twice, but my phone was already running very laggy before I started the ad, so just put it down to the phone's low spec...

Eternium Guides:

Comment

This ad is always freezing my game and never gives gems.
            Phone: Lenovo P2
            Android 7
            4GB Ram
            Chipset Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm)
            CPU Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
            GPU Adreno 506

The problem is definitely not phone performance, but the stupid ad.

Comment

It happened for the second time for me today. Unity ads won't load video and it just sort of hangs. I had to force the game to close and open again. The first time it happened I thought it was because I lost internet connection, but the second time I had a strong wifi connection so it wasn't an internet problem.

Comment

Thanks for the reports. Our ad partners have been informed and the ad should be removed from rotation shortly. All you ever need to do is post a screenshot like that and we can get it fixed quickly.

Comment

Thanks Travis.

Did you request for the "ad type" to be removed or the specific ad, ie Idle Heroes or RAID? Because it's the type of ad that's causing the issue, not the specific ad itself. I've had ads for different aps and they all have the same behaviour.

Best if Unity Ads can remove the "timer next to X, on white bubble, in top right corner" type altogether - see previous screenshots and posts for samples.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                    Did you request for the "ad type" to be removed or the specific ad, ie Idle Heroes or RAID?
                    Yes sir.

Comment

Looks like they haven't removed them all yet. Didn't see the type for a few days, so thought things have been settled, but now they're back and appears to be out for revenge.

Roughly 7/10 ads I got today was of this type, and they ranged from: really really laggy loading straight to end; laggy load 15 seconds, froze my game and no gems; to the 1 single one that loaded relatively quick and worked properly. What's worse, after these ads, my game runs noticeably slower - had to keep restarting.

The other 3 ads from AdColony loaded fine, gave me the Gems and I could continue playing as before. I've now turned off Rewarded Videos, because I don't want the buggy ads to crash my runs for the event.

If you can followup with the provider again, that'll be greatly appreciated. Surely, Making Fun isn't the only publisher using these providers, nor are Eternium and Ironbound the only two games with players reporting ads issues...

Sorry, the ongoing bug finally tipped it for me, would love to leave ads on, but it's not worth the annoyance of having to restart my game each time I happen to catch this type of ad.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll let them know.

Comment

Unity got back to us and they're having trouble finding the problem. They've requested to have players who are seeing this tap the "build info" at the bottom left corner of the privacy page and send us a screenshot.

Comment

Screenshots attached, took me a few goes, since the ad lagged my phone.

Repeating the issues:
                            • Ads of this type mostly does not load properly - very slow start, or straight to end screen.
                            • Ad shows sound as muted when first started, but sounds are playing - have to press the mute icon twice to actually mute it.
                            • Some players reported the ads crashing, I have not experienced it personally - the "crashes" I get were while trying to screenshot the ads, since my phone lags... (seriously, who thought using the 2 "close" buttons together for screenshots was a good idea...)

From Ironbound, did not receive gold, and play ad icon remained.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-08-09-20-30.png Views:	0 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	129209Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-08-09-20-51.png Views:	0 Size:	105.5 KB ID:	129210
                            Last edited by Nhat; 03-07-2019, 11:31 PM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Awesome, thanks Nhat!

Comment

Working...
                              X