Can't play the game without internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play the game without internet

I thought the game was supposed to be playable offline but whenever I am the loading bar stops at "contacting status server"

More details please: platform (windows/ios/android), game version, have you done a "proper full download" yet?

• Select the first level in Act 1, tap "play", then allow the updates to completely install before tapping "start".

Just tested with Android, open beta v1.3.13 - games starts fine without internet. It pauses on the "Contacting status server" for about 5-10 seconds, then continue loading.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

I'm on android and yes the game is fully downloaded. It stops on Contacting Status Server. Works fine with Internet. I must note that if the game is loaded with Internet and I move somewhere with no internet it still works.

Comment

Offline mode is available after updates are installed, which happens as levels load. Connect to a network for a few minutes and get to the level loading screen in order to download updates. Once everything is up to date, you should be able to use most of the game's features offline.

If you're having trouble, try the following:
        # If you haven't already, create an Eternium account using the "save now" button on the left side of the game's main screen.
        # Open your app manager and find Eternium.
        # Force close the app.
        # Clear the app data/cache.
        # Make sure you have a stable network connection.
        # Launch the game and login.
        # Select the first level in Act 1, tap "play", then *_allow the updates to completely install before tapping "start"_*.

Allowing the updates to install completely before playing at all avoids issues with partial or corrupted files, which is usually the cause of what you're describing.

Comment

So, thanks for the list of instructions, only one problem. The keyboard doesn't work for the game on my phone. I can't access the @ symbol on the game. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J3, powered by Android. Any ideas on a workaround?

Comment

This is a known issue with certain on-screen keyboards. You should be able to get around it by using a different keyboard (like Google or Swiftkey). You can find a number of alternative keyboards in the Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/search?q=keyboard.

Comment

It worked. I'm now using the Google keyboard and I've linked the account. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do some checks to see if it fixes the internet problem. I'll probably post the findings tomorrow when I get the bus.

Comment

I have an account but still doesn't work without Internet. It's worth noting that the first time I tried it the other day it got to "Synchronising profile" and after a full minute stopped completely. I'm going to try your other suggestions now.

Comment

It didn't work. I cleared the data and relinked my account and installed the update and turned off my WiFi and it still stopped at "Contacting Status Server"

Comment

Try connecting to *_a different_* WiFi network (on a different router) and letting the game complete the updates on the level loading screen before trying to play. If possible, use a friend's network or find a public place with free WiFi (like a coffee shop).

Comment

I did. I connected to my College's WiFi and went through your steps, letting the game complete the update before starting the level and then disconnected from the WiFi and it still didn't load

Comment

Try using a VPN. In theory, this is caused by network security protocols blocking necessary files from being downloaded.

Comment

Thanks for the "in theory" part. Pretty interesting for my college Computing course. By Network Security do you mean Antivirus and Firewalls?

Comment

I'm not a network engineer, so I can't say for sure, but this seems to be a problem for geographic areas that use SeaCom cables (used for networking in the EU, Africa, and Asia). Where are you located?

Comment

That depends. Has Brexit happened yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X