Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going through Home Portal switches progress from Heroic to Normal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going through Home Portal switches progress from Heroic to Normal.

Game version: 1.3.18
    Windows/IOS/Android + version: Android 6
    Device Model : Samsung Tab A
    Map or Trial : Act IV
    Player Type : Warrior and Bounty Hunter (CL750)

Reproducible: 5/5

Current situation (bug):
    When playing in Heroic, if you have to go through the home portal in the middle of the game to sell stuff, it's like when you go back your gameplay progress is forfeited to Normal. Your progress does not show on the Heroic map, but your Normal maps get additional stars as if you have played them. You can open the portal by accidentally tapping it, but if you don't go through to Hometown it should be fine.

Steps reproduce the bug:
    1. Play any map in Act 4 .
    2. Open portal any time before map boss and go to Hometown.
    3. Go back through and finish playing the map.
    4. After winning and returning to Hometown, when you go back to the worlds, I saw that no new star were added to my progress nor could I move to the next new map. But going to Normal, a new star was added to previously played map.

My work-around: avoid using home portal and wait until the Victory Portal at the end of the game. Bit of a hassle especially on larger maps, but better than going through them again when I don't want to.

No wonder I m stuck on the first area of Act 4 Heroic, stupid bug
    Currently playing hundred soul...

Comment

Tried again after the 1.3.19 update, the bug still there and still stuck in Area 41 Heroic

Comment

Originally posted by xfool View Post
        Tried again after the 1.3.19 update, the bug still there and still stuck in Area 41 Heroic
        The OP mentioned that if you don't use the portal during the map, then it's fine - have you tried that?

Edit: Clear the map and then uae the portal that opens at the end.

You can still return to the map afterwards, if you're collecting gear to sell.
        Last edited by Nhat; 11-18-2018, 09:21 PM.
        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

The OP mentioned that if you don't use the portal during the map, then it's fine - have you tried that?

Edit: Clear the map and then uae the portal that opens at the end.

You can still return to the map afterwards, if you're collecting gear to sell.
          How bout they fix the bug or better yet make inventory items sellable as before so theres no need to use the portal.

Comment

Game version: 1.3.19
            Windows/IOS/Android + version: Android 8.0.0
            Device Model (EX: Apple iPhone7) : Samsung Galaxy S8
            Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): Level 29. The Temple
            Player Type (EX: Mage): Warrior

Reproducible: 5/5

Current situation (bug):
            I completed The Temple at the end of Act II on Heroic, but it will not update the number of Star shown, nor advance to Act III, though it WILL give me increasing GEM rewards each time I beat it.

Expected situation (working):
            Register Stars, advance Act.

Steps reproduce the bug:
            This happens every time I beat it now. However one thing to note, the first time I beat it (on Heroic), rather than going through the Victory Home Portal I ran around and killed some other monsters and then created a new home portal and returned that way. No idea if that mattered or not.

Screenshots or Video of the bug:
            I can't seem to create attachments, but I can provide a screenshot of me defeating Level 29, and then a screenshot showing Act 3 still locked and no stars.

My public ID is HUNI QAQI YURE 9870

Comment

This one may be related to your report: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...roic-to-normal

Just to confirm, check the stars and # completed for the map on Normal - and do a run without using the portal at all, only use the Victory one that opens at the end (although it sounds like you have done that already, yes?)

With respect to attaching screenshots, you should be able to now - everyone's first post is very limited.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Yes, thank you, that is totally it. I actually saw that post but didn't occur to me it was related. I checked and sure enough I had more stars on normal for the Temple than I remember doing. Switching to normal and then back to Heroic again allowed me to get credit for the level and progress.

BTW - I swear I have done that (gone through a self created portal after finishing) before without issue, maybe it doesn't always happen?

But thanks again!

Comment

Glad it worked.

Sounds like when the glitch occurred, you need to manually switch back to Normal and back to either Heroic or Legendary for things to work properly again - but still need to avoid using portal "in middle of map", until the bug gets fix.

Travis, maybe merge this with the other post?

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                    Travis, maybe merge this with the other post?
                    Done, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by settonull View Post
                      BTW - I swear I have done that (gone through a self created portal after finishing) before without issue, maybe it doesn't always happen
                      Going through the self-made portal AFTER the Victory Home Portal appears is just fine. The problem only comes up when going through the self-made portal BEFORE finishing the game and making the Victory portal appear automatically. It's like that's the trigger.

Comment

Has this issue been encountered on the current beta on android?

Comment

I don't play beta but .22 is now available on Google store. Just downloaded and played it, and the problem is still there. I used one of my warriors on Heroic Desolation Desert (it was the fastest to go through), opened and went through the portal mid-way on he map. When I finished, Desolation Desert still had just one star on Heroic but had an additional star on Normal.

Comment

Thank you - team is working on a fix.

Comment

Thank you. At least it isn't a major problem like crashes or anything, and there's an easy workaround to it so it doesn't impact gameplay that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X