Increase damage with CO.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase damage with CO.

Throughout the testing of the crafting system, I was increasing the damage of my tome by COs. At some point, it became clear that the minimum damage will reach the limit before the maximum. After reaching the minimum damage limit, I decided to try to maximize the maximum damage, but CO no longer works for this. I attach screenshots of the penultimate CO (pic. 1), the tome after its application (pic. 2) and the last CO (pic. 3) (without the possibility of increasing damage, although its maximum damage is still very different from the maximum possible). I don’t feel sorry for all the COs spent on this tome, but I would like to know if this is a bug or so it was intended. And if this is not a bug, it increases my sadness because there isn't tome without summoning, which can be obtained from lboxes. Yes, of course, you can find or make a tome with about maximum values and WITHOUT an unnecessary function for me to summon skeletons. But how long will it take? I would like to be able to get such tome from the lbox (at least, such things initially have a smaller spread in min/max damage).
    Last edited by Nekromant; 01-26-2019, 01:18 PM.
    Mage. Just a mage.

I can confirm this... this is my tome and I've never use CO on it before...

Click image for larger version

Name:	necro.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	125306
    Click image for larger version

Name:	necroCO.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	125307

As you can see... it can only max out the "Min Damage" but not the "Max Damage" of the tome... if I apply it then I'll have the same issue like what Nekromant is having right now... it won't be able to max out the tome "Max Damage" anymore after that... We've all discussed this on Discord and tagged the Developers about this bug but we've got no response... so here we are... Jose Sarmento and narf can verify this...
    GEPU GANA HEPO 9200
    --------------------------------------
    See my endgame heroes build...
    Boss skills info and how to fight boss... (VIDEOS)
    New crafting system video and how to use it... (TUTORIAL)
    How to optimize your Champion Points... (TUTORIAL)
    How to make jewelry video... (TUTORIAL)
    My YouTube Eternium channel...

Comment

Indeed. The COrbs are adding 2.25*min_dmg_factor to both min and max damage. They should in fact add 2.25*min_dmg_factor to min damage and 2.25*max_dmg_factor to max damage.

For example, on a Sword or Pistol, they would add 2.25*4 = 9 to min damage and 2.25*5 = 11.25 to max damage. For a Mace, they would add 2.25*4.3 = 9.675 to min damage and 2.25*4.7 = 10.575 to max damage. For a Tome, 2.25*1 and 2.25*1.5 respectively. Etc etc...

Looks like a simple fix, and as far as we know, only Nekromant actually experienced the issue so far (the rest of us just simulated COrb effect, but only he actually applied them). So aside from the fix to the COrbs effect, I would propose he receives a "corrected" Tome via game mailbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
        So aside from the fix to the COrbs effect, I would propose he receives a "corrected" Tome via game mailbox.
        This is just a game. I wanted to check something and I did it. On my own initiative. And I only need an answer to the question. I can find/craft a new tome and bring it to perfection on my own, but I need confidence that the current situation will not happen again.
        Mage. Just a mage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekromant View Post

This is just a game. I wanted to check something and I did it. On my own initiative. And I only need an answer to the question. I can find/craft a new tome and bring it to perfection on my own, but I need confidence that the current situation will not happen again.
          I am aware you are not here seeking "compensation", and I did not wish to imply that. Your attitude is commendable and an inspiration to us all - too often we let fun turn to obsession, and obsession turn to... well, excessive emotions and expectations.

However, that you feel as you do does not change my PoV concerning what would be fair in this situation, and that is for the corrected Tome (because we all see this as a bug) to be mailed to you.

I hope you will get your answer, or the Tome, or both things. And most of all, I hope to see you around for a loong time. Any game benefits from players with your mindset.

Comment

This happened on my Muk tonight. Maxed out min dmg but I'm 1 dmg from max(actually 0.5). Not a big deal, as it wouldn't be very high priority to use a CO to max it out even if it was an option. Mostly just tweaks the OCD

Comment

Easier than a "corrected tome"
              might be to fix the problem and correct those that should have the values. But i'm guessing there is no way to track those who have used tomes and those who just rolled a max min damage and want to try to claim one.

should be addressed quickly though with a response (i.e. everyone else WAIT until it is fixed)
              Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
              Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
              see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
              and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
              It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
                But i'm guessing there is no way to track those who have used tomes and those who just rolled a max min damage and want to try to claim one.
                I think you mean, "those who have used Celestial Orbs".

This is the *only* scenario, at least to the best of my awareness, where a weapon/tome's max-to-min damage ratio deviates from the stipulated factors (1.5 for a Tome, 1.25 for a Sword/Pistol, etc. etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

I think you mean, "those who have used Celestial Orbs".

This is the *only* scenario, at least to the best of my awareness, where a weapon/tome's max-to-min damage ratio deviates from the stipulated factors (1.5 for a Tome, 1.25 for a Sword/Pistol, etc. etc.).
                  Yes you are right cOrb

You are right there might be a way a way depending on exactly how the ranges are chosen.
                  ​​​​​​havent paid attention I thought it was both independently variable:
                  Min damage determined between x and y
                  Then max determined between a and b
                  With no required relationship
                  Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                  Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                  see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                  and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                  It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post

Yes you are right cOrb

You are right there might be a way a way depending on exactly how the ranges are chosen.
                    ​​​​​​havent paid attention I thought it was both independently variable:
                    Min damage determined between x and y
                    Then max determined between a and b
                    With no required relationship
                    I thought so too once, but if we think about it, that would make finding a max damage (i.e. max(min_dmg) and also max(max_dmg)) Mace much more likely than a max damage Axe or Staff. So to make sure All Weapons Are Created Equal, they use a certain "base number" (for which the max is 310.5 for a level 70 Legendary piece, minimum is.... maybe 220?) and that's what gets randomized. Then each weapon type will have min and max damages as a certain fixed multiplier of that "base":

Swords Pistols : min dmg = base x 4 (i.e. up to 1242) / max dmg = base x 5 (i.e. up to 1553)
                    Maces : 4.3x / 4.7x (IIRC)
                    Tomes : 1x / 1.5x
                    Axes: 3.22x / 5.78x (a bit fuzzy memory now)
                    Staves: I forget

Notice how the multipliers always add up to 9 (Tomes are of course an exception)... that ensures the same *average* damage span across all weapon types, making the choice of narrower vs. wider damage range more a matter of personal preference.

Comment

Working...
                    X