Video fails in +5 gems during gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video fails in +5 gems during gameplay

During level play I get movie boxes for +5 gems. They have and do work until the movie/ad for king of avalon / dragon warfare comes up. This video fails to run, the download or close option appears, like all the others and I can return to the game, but don't get the gems. Then every movie box for +5 gems is for the failing king of avalon / dragon wars game and no other. Can this be fixed? Using WiFi but don't have problems until that one ad.

Have a screenshot of the troublesome ad?

Comment

I had a similar problem with another ad for some doll-dressing game, where instead of showing the video it goes straight to the last frame, where I can only wait or close the ad. In both cases I am not rewarded with gems. Will try to capture a print when it happens, although you have already told me that emulators are not supported, but since it is always the same ad, it might be affecting mobile users too.

EDIT: This is it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bug3.png
Views:	400
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	131641
      Last edited by MarkHark; 03-29-2019, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Don't focus on "what" the ad itself is about, but what "type" of ad it is and who is the Provider for the ad - most likely to be these ones: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ds-not-working

FendyBt2 noted issues with them as well, UnityAds are not doing anything, so I've been sending in "Ad not working" reports directly to them (via the "Report Ad" option in the ad's info) Hopefully, if we get enough people sending in reports, they'll finally be able to figure out which of their ads are causing issues and do something about it. The annoying thing is those that load and play fully but then freeze/crash the game after you close them (so technically cannot report that it didn't work...)

Name:	image_10872.png
Views:	484
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	131643
        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
          I had a similar problem with another ad for some doll-dressing game, where instead of showing the video it goes straight to the last frame, where I can only wait or close the ad. In both cases I am not rewarded with gems. Will try to capture a print when it happens, although you have already told me that emulators are not supported, but since it is always the same ad, it might be affecting mobile users too.
          Did you try closing the ad after 30 seconds(or 15 seconds, depends on how long each ad lasts)? In your screenshot there is "16 seconds remaining" on the top right, wait for it. If you close the ad earlier, you won't get +5 gem reward. I've got this type of ads too and I got gems every time if I wait long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by AimEoN View Post

Did you try closing the ad after 30 seconds(or 15 seconds, depends on how long each ad lasts)?
            Yes, I did. Doesn't work though. When this problem happens, the video does not play, countdown is not shown, all I get is the endpage and the small button with an X to close the ad. Doesn't matter if I do it right away or wait a whole minute. After closing ad, game will be frozen and no gems. Also, according to Nhat 's link, it seems to be a common occurence with a particular kind of Unity ads.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

Yes, I did. Doesn't work though. When this problem happens, the video does not play, countdown is not shown, all I get is the endpage and the small button with an X to close the ad. Doesn't matter if I do it right away or wait a whole minute. After closing ad, game will be frozen and no gems. Also, according to Nhat 's link, it seems to be a common occurence with a particular kind of Unity ads.
              Dang, that sounds pretty annoying, I've never seen this kind of ads.

Comment

Here's another one. Got it twice in a row, and both times it froze at this screen, no gems rewarded after clicking on X.

Name:	bug.png
Views:	321
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	131905

Comment

It would be nice to hear from someone that doesn't have add problems. Did a testrun now on final map act 4.
                  5 mystery boxes 1 blue item, 1 money, 1 gem, 2 add boxes that just flickers when I press yes to see the add.
                  I have cleared cashe, changed wifi, changed to mobile, restarted my phone. Reinstalled the game.
                  I don't think there is much more to try.

It is strange that the people behind this game doesn't care about this issue. I would think that the adds gives some money into the company. But maybe the playerbase is to small to generate any significant amount of cash. That may be the reason for why the issue isn't properly responded to. They rather want players to buy the gems.

And I wonder, how many players do this game have?
                  Resett the leaderboards so that we can see.

This was just my little rant after playing for 2 hours straight with 2 working adds. This is going to be a fun ANB. If there is coming a new ANB?

Comment

I have heard that Ad Boxes are made available based upon your "location". (i.e., the target area for the specific advertiser) Also depends upon how many that the advertiser wants to have distributed and the time of day. I also suspect that some packages as presented to the server are not compatible with every variation of hardware being used. There have been times where 25-30 in a row were all for the same game - talk about saturation advertising!

I am running Morgenheim 15-20 times each evening (after doing 5 daily quests), so my time of day is the same, my location is the same and the game section is the same. Sometimes I will get Ad 8-10 drops per run and other times I will get 2-3. (I believe that online vs. offline is also a significant factor.)

You know, of course, that what is presented when you click on the box is dependent on how recently you have received a 5-gem Ad (assuming that you get more than one in a close proximity). I sometimes will open one and then come back to the second at the end of my run. I have not kept statistics on whether that increases my chances of them both being Ad boxes, but I believe that it is better than immediately clicking on two of them.

My only recurring problem is sometimes, the very first Ad box will freeze the screen and then I need to get out of that level and restart it. No further failures after that during the session.

Comment

Just had an exciting event while killing Merlock Toads for a Daily Quest:

Just North, toward the 2nd bridge, there was a small group spawned. ( I saw three folks there.) When I killed them, THREE Ad boxes dropped and tiled onto each other. As I wanted to measure my perception of needing a delay between Ad box usage, I clicked on just one of them, receiving an Ad. Then I moved forward to the end of that story, attaining Victory and then clicked on the 2nd box, which again revealed an Ad video. Finally, I moved off to the right and killed the 3 Merlock groups on the way to the treasure chest. When I then went back to the remaining Ad box and clicked on it, I was able to access a 3rd video.

This is probably too little data, but I perceive that I got the additional 10 gems by adding a delay between clicking on the boxes. (In the past, clicking on two boxes in quick success yield a gem or some gold from the 2nd box.)

Comment

I've had problems with ADs in that they've recently been turning the media volume to maximum repeatedly while showing the advertisement. That's even when I turn the volume back to mute.

Comment

Last night I updated to 1.3.46 and everything was just fine (Samsung Galaxy Note 9).

This morning every Mystery Box I click on offers me a video, and when I accept it, my screen flashes black, and then I'm playing again. No video, Mystery Box is gone.

I have not watched 50 videos yet this week.

Edit: issue resolved.
                          Last edited by Trouble; 04-13-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I'm noticing a number of mystery box failures too. Toon is imobile but clocks running, have to open character tab to get control back.

Comment

Well I don't know about anything else, but I suddenly got an extremely adult one this am! - I was like wtf was that I just saw

But on a more serious note I did do the 50 ad session, and yes they stopped at about 52 plus one failure, and 5 or so gem/coin/gear ones.

It would be interesting to know what time of day the reset was, or if it is a 24 hour period - does anybody know that yet ?

Comment

Working...
                              X