New Microsoft Store version quarantined by Avira antivirus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Microsoft Store version quarantined by Avira antivirus

Just installed the latest update from Microsoft Store, as soon as I try to launch, the app is immediately quarantined by my Avira antivirus as being possible malicious cloud malware. Restoring from the quarantine doesn't work as the Windows Apps folder is hidden and the AV apparently can't restore to it. This antivirus is required by my job and they check logs and take disciplinary action if it is disabled. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Kurrelgyre; 05-03-2019, 09:30 PM.

Can you add that to 'Exceptions' list, then redownload the game?

Comment

I would try to get another device to play on....it not worth your job...I appreciate your spirit and I understand the desire but be smart...I don't know your financial situation and I myself just couldn't run out and get another device to play on so if you have to save up the game still be here, but please do not compromise your job...I say again its not worth it, best of luck in whatever you choose to do!

Comment

Yes I have the same problem here. The main exe file was considered as virus by Avira and got removed after I tried to launch the game.

I can still play it on my phone but the performance would not be as good as on pc, I hope the next update dev will solve this

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
          Can you add that to 'Exceptions' list, then redownload the game?
          Not sure how to do this, as the folder Windows apps are stored in is hidden so I can't add it to Exceptions and the task doesn't launch for me to add it. If anyone has suggestions on how to get around this, I'm all ears. I do also play on my iPhone, but I have an SE so screen is tiny

Comment

There's a lot of roadblocks if you need access to the Apps folder, but perhaps this step-by-step might be of help.
            https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windo...older-location

Comment

I use win10 and after update game to 1.4.7.1 have problem with avira, same as explained here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...vira-antivirus
              After 2 days and update avira database problem with avira gone, but game don't work (I think avira move game to gurantine), for that I reinstalled game.
              Now game run but don't accept my login (on android can still play). Password reset send me verification code like this: PCDVKI but game doesn't accept code (That doesn't look like a verification code. Please check your e-mail for the code and try again.) , please help.

Comment

Originally posted by Robo View Post
                ...threads merged.
                Originally posted by Robo View Post
                Password reset send me verification code like this: PCDVKI but game doesn't accept code (That doesn't look like a verification code.
                That looks like a valid code to me, but the code changes each time you request a password reset.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                  That looks like a valid code to me, but the code changes each time you request a password reset.
                  I don't know exactly where the problem was, but the third password reset attempt finally worked. (before I re-installed the game, turned off avira, firewall, and adblock on the router)
                  Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                  X