Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got blues as well.

Comment

I think all ANB participants should be given six celestial boxes as compensation

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
        What I am curious about is was this an intended change? Given my limited knowledge of coding, it does not seem like a coding error. The screen shots all look like the crafting window for a standard Rare level ring. The subroutine for creating an Ephemeral Legendary ring was already in the game's code, so it seems unlikely that this happened due to an error (short of AI, code doesn't just change itself). Given the downgrading of Legendary cubes to Ephemeral Epic cubes, this seems like another intentional change to make the event more challenging. The more likely "error" is that someone forget to go into the item description to change the word Legendary to Rare.

For me, this sucks for two reasons:

1) It's a take away. The last ANB set up players to "assume" that they would not need to craft jewelry during this event because they could get all of the Legendary jewelry that they would need from the ephemeral boxes. Now, without any advanced notice, that option is gone. To get to the new Celestial awards, players will need to go back into the gold and gemstone intensive process of jewelry crafting, which they did not need to do in the last ANB event. Giving something and then taking it back is always worse than not giving it in the first place because it violates expectations.

2) It will make it much harder to reach the Celestial awards in this event. I cannot imagine succeeding at Trial 80 equipped with only Epic gear and Rare jewelry (most Warriors on current LB at TL80 have crafted Legendary jewelry and most > TL100 have Legendary gear sets plus two Celestials). It feels like these two downgrades will put the Celestial awards out of the reach of all but the more experienced players.

That said, I would not wait around for the Devs to "fix" a problem that was most likely an intentional change.
        My mind was working along similar lines. It kinda looks intentional and a forgotten descriptor change as you say. What moves the ejools to fubar is that they can be fused and then perma and not ephemeral. Im leaving the ejools alone till we get clarification, hopefully on Monday, too many questions for some sort of answer to not be given.

Comment

What I am curious about is was this an intended change? Given my limited knowledge of coding, it does not seem like a coding error. The screen shots all look like the crafting window for a standard Rare level ring. The subroutine for creating an Ephemeral Legendary ring was already in the game's code, so it seems unlikely that this happened due to an error (short of AI, code doesn't just change itself). Given the downgrading of Legendary cubes to Ephemeral Epic cubes, this seems like another intentional change to make the event more challenging. The more likely "error" is that someone forget to go into the item description to change the word Legendary to Rare.

For me, this sucks for two reasons:

1) It's a take away. The last ANB set up players to "assume" that they would not need to craft jewelry during this event because they could get all of the Legendary jewelry that they would need from the ephemeral boxes. Now, without any advanced notice, that option is gone. To get to the new Celestial awards, players will need to go back into the gold and gemstone intensive process of jewelry crafting, which they did not need to do in the last ANB event. Giving something and then taking it back is always worse than not giving it in the first place because it violates expectations.

2) It will make it much harder to reach the Celestial awards in this event. I cannot imagine succeeding at Trial 80 equipped with only Epic gear and Rare jewelry (most Warriors on current LB at TL80 have crafted Legendary jewelry and most > TL100 have Legendary gear sets plus two Celestials). It feels like these two downgrades will put the Celestial awards out of the reach of all but the more experienced players.

That said, I would not wait around for the Devs to "fix" a problem that was most likely an intentional change.
          Yup, I agree that it's gonna be difficult for some players as they relied on the Ephemeral rings/necklace in the previous ANB. However, it isn't too bad without the Ephemeral rings/necklace. You just have to get a few Extra Gold equips, use the 200% currency booster that you can get from hitting hero level 40 and farm 15-30 minutes at TBD and you will have enough gold to roll all your rings. Those legendary rings will be able to take you close to/above trial level 80. It took me about 200k gold to make all my rings/necklace with the random jewelry rolls.
          YOCU REGO JASE 0953
          Sanctum

Top 10 Mage on Active Leaderboard
          T135 Regalia, T132 Apprentice

Top 10 in ANB 4
          Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

Haven't fused mine to create better jewelry. I have gotten to TL70 with the Rare jewelry and Epic gear from the event boxes. I plan to try to make TL80 with just what was given to see if it is actually possible. I used my first three Ephemeral Epic boxes to create a weapons set (Cleaver, Whirlwind Axe) and Integralas Mantle. Used the next two EE boxes to create Defender pants and boots with movement speed. I picked up Epic Juggernaut shoulder pads, so I gambled and used the last EE box to create a Juggernaut helmet to get the Jugg 2 bonus. I am running a 4 Defender + 2 Jugg gear set with my last Defender piece being a Rare level 68 drop. Will probably have to grind for a while to build up CL points, since I maxed damage stats and now need to build some vitality/endurance to keep from getting killed too easily. Still over 8 hours of playing time left to see how far I can push the Epic set up...

Comment

1) It's a take away. The last ANB set up players to "assume" that they would not need to craft jewelry during this event because they could get all of the Legendary jewelry that they would need from the ephemeral boxes. Now, without any advanced notice, that option is gone
              Ultimately, anyone who has a perception that their specific snapshot of a program is "cast in concrete" is missing the point. These events are really an opportunity for the developers to measure and fine tune the game engine. It is inappropriate to expect that every change (planned or unplanned) will remain static in every future build.

It is unfortunate that some parameters are not as expected or even "mislabeled", but there are never detailed "release notes" which define the developer's focus with any ANB. The event is, in fact, a "New" beginning, (i.e., an alternate version) it is an opportunity for us all to use the parameters which are given.

These events are meant to be a challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post
                I think all ANB participants should be given six celestial boxes as compensation
                Now, THAT, is funny!

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

Ultimately, anyone who has a perception that their specific snapshot of a program is "cast in concrete" is missing the point. These events are really an opportunity for the developers to measure and fine tune the game engine. It is inappropriate to expect that every change (planned or unplanned) will remain static in every future build.

It is unfortunate that some parameters are not as expected or even "mislabeled", but there are never detailed "release notes" which define the developer's focus with any ANB. The event is, in fact, a "New" beginning, (i.e., an alternate version) it is an opportunity for us all to use the parameters which are given.

These events are meant to be a challenge...
                  Hold up.The devs are pretty good in communicating major changes. In fact, through Discord and this forum, they outperform any other game publisher that I have encountered, and I am not just talking about small mobile phone game makers. Blizzard could definitely learn some lessons from them.

That said, the "Ephemeral Legendary ring" that ended up being Rare instead of Legendary, is nowhere near "trying something new", it's an admitted bug. The frustration does not derive from the fact that we are used to easy Legendary rings, but from the fact that this was working fine in the previous ANB.

You're not wrong, in that ANB is a great platform to try new things and that change can be fun in general, but this bug is not one of those things
                  I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post

That said, the "Ephemeral Legendary ring" that ended up being Rare instead of Legendary, is nowhere near "trying something new", it's an admitted bug. The frustration does not derive from the fact that we are used to easy Legendary rings, but from the fact that this was working fine in the previous ANB.
                    Sorry, if I was not clear, my point was that "mislabeling" was probably the error. It is possible that the experiment was to try Bronze: Rare; Silver: Epic and Gold: Legendary.
                    I did not believe that the Developers were deliberately changing all Ephemeral gifts to Rare, but rather to make the challenge/reward more significant for each ANB level.

Comment

Do we have news from Devs? Any clarification or whatever even from Discord? Adrian (Developer) , Red (Developer) .
                      Yes, we cannot do something about it but releasing some information for it from legit sources would be much appreciated.
                      And yes, you might be busy with other pressing matters, much more important than releasing notes or information but yeah, a simple note would be great.
                      Mobile Player
                      Altheo (M) ¦ Eijol (DW) ¦ Ratot (BH)

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post
                        Do we have news from Devs? Any clarification or whatever even from Discord? Adrian (Developer) , Red (Developer) .
                        Yes, we cannot do something about it but releasing some information for it from legit sources would be much appreciated.
                        And yes, you might be busy with other pressing matters, much more important than releasing notes or information but yeah, a simple note would be great.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=135114&d=1557601275.png
Views:	279
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	135340
                        I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

So how will they know which rings are honest fused and which used the Ephemerals? (Suppose you used below top quality to fuse a ring that ends up looking legit).

I think this event has been unfair (to 'honest' players): due to uncertainty, I've ended up not even using the ephemeral ring at all (but if I had I reckon I might have pushed more champion levels due to higher xp boost).

Comment

I used the Ephemeral epic set pieces to make a +XP Assault set.

I used the Ephemeral rare jewelry to make XP/CD pieces, and fused them with other jewelry, JUST LIKE THE ITEM DESCRIPTION CLEARLY SAYS I CAN.

Used Celestial boxes to make my set guns, crafted up a rare XP Integralas Mantle, and spent about 5 hours grinding trial 100 in this gear (2600%+ boosted XP), ending up just above CL1600. Got to 123 on a budget of around 4k gems. Was even #1 for a few hours on the BH LB last night.

Bronze gives us 12 hours and a truckload of Currency Boosters. We have more than enough time to spend an hour farming gold and GEMSTONES. I did exactly this to get the currencies needed to make my Legendary rings.

I don't see anything unintended. I do not understand the debate. Something new is being tried, and everyone got the same opportunity to recognize it. This isn't a dupe bug, bringing in items from outside the game, abusing offline play, or abuse of the town portal.

They gave us new toys to play with. Play with them.

Sidenote: Our friends on the national teams are mostly still farming (BH LB), and made junk XP jewelry, saving the Ephemerals for their push set. Just watch what happens without XP on jewelry, as they are making near/perfect jewelry with all useful stats... This means a total of about 1000+ more stat points than my XP jewelry. When Koreaobebi stops punishing trial 100 in 1:45 with full XP gear on, and puts on his/her push set, you'll likely be seeing trial 130+.
                            Last edited by Trouble; 05-14-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Ok fair enough, I've just made some epic jewellery pieces out of the ephemerals (no time left to make legendaries, should have farmed as you suggested) ... Just made it past TBD (had 3 useful rocks around the dragon to hide behind during overflows) which is as high as I've ever got. 117 having spent maybe 1k gems. Got enough time for 3 more level attempts!W try to get to beat 120.

The rare/epic ephemerals are really a different take, and I'm coming round to them as a good format.

Comment

When I got a peek at the leader board, I saw a lot of characters with celestial items and proper legendaries? If its a common bug, how is this possible?

Comment

Working...
                                X