Dropping trial levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping trial levels

Cleared trial level 70 last night, made sure game was saved, (to server), now this morning its telling me I'm back at Trial level 7. I'm not happy....
    CL 935
    Warrior - TL99
    BH - TL100
    Mage - TL89
    Warrior - TL80
    Mage - TL80

Yeah, it's not impressive, but I work fifty hour weeks.
    All mobile, in my spare time.

Originally posted by JohnnytheKid View Post
    Cleared trial level 70 last night, now this morning its telling me I'm back at Trial level 7
    this has been a known bug from previous anb's (unfortunately affects a small% of players, every anb, so far) and idk that ther is anything that can be done but suffer through it... shadow13 is currently suffering from same bug for 1st time in league play, so i understand your frustrations (keeps dumping me back to trial lvl 3)... that said, don't give up hope.. it tends to only happen when you log off or exit eternium, and although i know its costing you time, try to fight it as little as possible. make pushes to certain rewards before log off (if possible) said reward i.e. ephemeral, will make re-burning through repeat trail lvls easier/faster... if at all possible, leave eternium up an running on ur device for the last day you push, (i know it sucks leaving system on adl, but this will help preserve your final push run from getting ruined by bug... hopefully, the devs finally address this little glitch for future anb's, &good luck to you, btw
    TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
    bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" - 141
    bh assault- Xiiift - 130
    warrior sw- Sabre - trial 137
    mage arcanist- Shadowiiix - trial 133
    bronze 3 bh stalker- Makina

Comment

Yeah, I just lost 51 Trial levels on my mage. Was 58 or 59 and now am TL 7. You can see by what is completed that it has to be between 55 and 59. Am not happy to spend money and a lot of time getting to 58 to have it wiped out. It's a subsidiary account and not the one that is tied to my Forum login FWIW.
      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

13ft shadow What happens to other things like character levels, ability upgrades, gear, gems and gold, when this happens?

Hope you guys find some solution. I'm scared of this happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Reymon View Post
          13ft shadow What happens to other things like character levels, ability upgrades, gear, gems and gold, when this happens?

Hope you guys find some solution. I'm scared of this happening.
          so far from what i have seen, it only affects trial lvl. gears, gold, lvls, and anything else seem to be unchanged... your leaderboard ranking will still be showing as well, but the trial(s) will be blocked from accessing, like you have only beaten trial lvl 3, in my case.. it can very in severity as well, have heard it hitting players every time they exit eternium, others it can be as minor as only happening 1 time during that particular league play
          TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
          bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" - 141
          bh assault- Xiiift - 130
          warrior sw- Sabre - trial 137
          mage arcanist- Shadowiiix - trial 133
          bronze 3 bh stalker- Makina

Comment

I have experienced this in every A New Beginning event so far, but only ever the first time I change between event account and main account. I have never had two (or more) resets per event. This time round, planning for it to occur, I switched to one of my main characters and back again once I had reached trial two and found that I had been returned to trial one; as expected.
            From what I have seen from other events, it looks like you get reset back to floor(character level / 10), for example a level 52 character will get returned to trial five.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
              Yeah, I just lost 51 Trial levels on my mage. Was 58 or 59 and now am TL 7. You can see by what is completed that it has to be between 55 and 59. Am not happy to spend money and a lot of time getting to 58 to have it wiped out. It's a subsidiary account and not the one that is tied to my Forum login FWIW.
              Well, I'm back to TL64. Took about 20 minutes off the clock while minions matured and I gained a couple championship point. TL7 -> TL8 -> TL23 (must've figured the 2.2 minute to clock the boss was no accident) -> TL37 -> TL47 -> TL56 and I was basically back to where I started. Have not checked my other two accounts that were at higher levels. Hoping I don't have to go thru this again!
              FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Info request, for anyone who experienced the issue: did you use the "Switch Hero" button to change back to the event Hero?
                (Edit: Never mind - "Switch Hero" takes you to the Heroes screen now, so not related to the old functionality for that...)

Just trying to get more info for the devs to hopefully track this down. I haven't encountered it yet - always use Heroes screen to change, plus I don't play on main much during events. If anyone remember what they did just before the reset, please post and I'll try to reproduce - consistent/reproducible errors are much easier to fix...

Thank you.
                Last edited by Nhat; 05-28-2019, 12:06 AM.
                Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                  Info request, for anyone who experienced the issue: did you use the "Switch Hero" button to change back to the event Hero?
                  (Edit: Never mind - "Switch Hero" takes you to the Heroes screen now, so not related to the old functionality for that...)

Just trying to get more info for the devs to hopefully track this down. I haven't encountered it yet - always use Heroes screen to change, plus I don't play on main much during events. If anyone remember what they did just before the reset, please post and I'll try to reproduce - consistent/reproducible errors are much easier to fix...

Thank you.
                  I've had it happen previously as well, in all cases I remember, I had exited to main menu ( so it immediately saves to server), then next time I opened app, it had dropped my trial levels. I can't remember as I ever switched heroes before exiting app. Hope this info helps
                  CL 935
                  Warrior - TL99
                  BH - TL100
                  Mage - TL89
                  Warrior - TL80
                  Mage - TL80

Comment

I've had it happen previously as well, in all cases I remember, I had exited to main menu ( so it immediately saves to server), then next time I opened app, it had dropped my trial levels.
                    oh crap, I thought doing that would protect me from this bug.

Comment

I've had it happen previously as well, in all cases I remember, I had exited to main menu ( so it immediately saves to server), then next time I opened app, it had dropped my trial levels. I can't remember as I ever switched heroes before exiting app. Hope this info helps
                      Hmm, I do this all the time - have not encountered the bug yet.

Next question, for anyone affected: Do you play on multiple devices? (Unfortunately, I won't be able to test this, since I only play on my phone, but again, any info will help, thanks)
                      Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Although not affected, input from a user playing on multiple devices regularly:

I'm swapping between four devices - phone (ios, regular play), phone (android, for the android-only daily-gem-deal), tablet and pc (final push in ANB) - and never experienced this bug.
                        I take care of saving my profile by switching characters before the device is changed though.

Furthermore, sometimes Eternium doesn't recognice I've played on another device immediately.
                        In this case I restart Eternium at once.
                        Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
                        Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131
                        Bronze3: #1 BH (Nancy) TL143
                        Season1: #? Warrior (Dekay) TL153

Comment

My friend lost levels all the way down to 5. He showed me the screen (Screenshot was taken) and I told him that it was because he was taking advantage of a bug in the game.

Combat stats for Camomi in trial level 5.
                          Trial boss: Magroth.
                          Camomi died 927465550 times during the challenge.
                          Ability Damage DPS %Total
                          Total 0 0
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20190613_030312.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	138506
                          If he died once a second, he would have been playing since 1990.

1 year =31,536,000 seconds
                          927,465,550 seconds = 29.4 years

Michael Garrison St George 688.
                          On my first smartphone
                          The salesperson "This phone does everything".
                          My only question was "Does it ring and can answer it?"
                          As it turned out, not one normal ring tone.
                          Last edited by StGeorge688; 06-13-2019, 07:07 AM. Reason: Added screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

Hmm, I do this all the time - have not encountered the bug yet.

Next question, for anyone affected: Do you play on multiple devices? (Unfortunately, I won't be able to test this, since I only play on my phone, but again, any info will help, thanks)
                            One device only. Samsung A5
                            CL 935
                            Warrior - TL99
                            BH - TL100
                            Mage - TL89
                            Warrior - TL80
                            Mage - TL80

Comment

Haven't yet had it happen in this ANB Gold. Happened in both bronze and silver tho
                              CL 935
                              Warrior - TL99
                              BH - TL100
                              Mage - TL89
                              Warrior - TL80
                              Mage - TL80

Comment

Working...
                              X