Ads not working after 1.4.11+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ads not working after 1.4.11+

It's like ads are instantly closing after being launched. Problem started after upgrading to 1.4.11 and persists in 1.4.12. Just upgraded to 1.4.13 and as informed by fellow players, ads still don't work. Only 1 in some 8 to 10 ads work.

This needs to get fixed ASAP!

Comment

Same here, you guys are losing advertising revenue and goodwill. Strange that this occurred while the season thing is on, are you trying to minimize the gem matching for those who have paid to have a higher total matched. Fix this problem or refund everyone who has paid extra for the season ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
        It's like ads are instantly closing after being launched. Problem started after upgrading to 1.4.11 and persists in 1.4.12. Just upgraded to 1.4.13 and as informed by fellow players, ads still don't work. Only 1 in some 8 to 10 ads work.
        My frequency of ads working is better, more like 2 out 3 work. The ones that don't open or work right seem to be Unity ads. Plus the issue goes in spurts with some repetive ads showing without problem, then a group of ads where the problem is more frequent.
        Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
        Ravenstar - BH (Assault), T100+
        Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
        Greystone - BH (Assault, Au/Xp miner), T100+
        Rageon - Warrior (Jugg), T100+

Comment

Please include your device info with bug reports, since most are not affecting everyone, neither is this one.

Ads have been working fine for me in 1.4.13, both on my phone (Samsung Galaxy J1, SM-J100Y, Android 4.4.4) and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F, Android 6.0.1)

I did do a full re-install of the game for 1.4.12, did normal update (via Play Store) to 1.4.13 on my phone; wife's was fresh install at 1.4.9, then normal update to .11 - .12 - .13 (just in case it matters)
          Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
            Please include your device info with bug reports, since most are not affecting everyone, neither is this one.

Ads have been working fine for me in 1.4.13, both on my phone (Samsung Galaxy J1, SM-J100Y, Android 4.4.4) and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F, Android 6.0.1)

I did do a full re-install of the game for 1.4.12, did normal update (via Play Store) to 1.4.13 on my phone; wife's was fresh install at 1.4.9, then normal update to .11 - .12 - .13 (just in case it matters)
            Clearly many people have the issue, but many others don't. From what I have heard, I believe the issue is from the ad providers end. Maybe the provider is not giving out required number of ads to a specific region and this is causing the players in that region to not be able to watch ads.

Comment

I strongly believe that some bugged ad is the cause of this issue. Maybe the ad of that game called 'Rise of empire: ice and fire' (think that was the name) or maybe some other ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaydon View Post
                Same here, you guys are losing advertising revenue and goodwill. Strange that this occurred while the season thing is on, are you trying to minimize the gem matching for those who have paid to have a higher total matched. Fix this problem or refund everyone who has paid extra for the season ticket.
                Using a lenovo tab 4 plus running android 7.1 I occasionally get one or two ads to work right at the start of the session but then one of two things happen.

1 I click on a box choose the option to watch the ad and it immediately drops me back to the game .
                2 I click on the box and my game simply freezes requiring me to open the character screen to get back to the game.

I am not happy with re-installing every ten minutes so I guess I have lost about 500 gems so far.

I don't know if this is a glitch with Eternium or with the advertising company but it does need to be fixed quickly .

Comment

Originally posted by Blaydon View Post

I don't know if this is a glitch with Eternium or with the advertising company but it does need to be fixed quickly .
                  They say it is a glitch on ad providers end. I feel so as well. Hopefully they fix this annoying bug quick, for losing out this much gems is no joke......

Comment

Related? https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ds-not-working - logged almost a year ago, and have been forwarded to Unity Ads, but still happening every now and then for me - maybe they're triggering more for the people experiencing issues now...

Edit:
                    It seems that almost every "ads related" bugs come back to those same types of ads from Unity Ads... no idea what it'll take for them to get their act together...

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Related? https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ds-not-working - logged almost a year ago, and have been forwarded to Unity Ads, but still happening every now and then for me - maybe they're triggering more for the people experiencing issues now...

Edit:
                      It seems that almost every "ads related" bugs come back to those same types of ads from Unity Ads... no idea what it'll take for them to get their act together...
                      So you are saying this is one of those things the devs don't do anything about, nor do the ad provider considering the issue was reported long back as well?

Any workaround for this? Clearing cache is not helping. If the devs and/or ad providers don't fix this, it will be very difficult for competitive players who are not whales or cheaters as well as are affected by this bug to compete. May well be the quit trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post
                        So you are saying this is one of those things the devs don't do anything about, nor do the ad provider considering the issue was reported long back as well?
                        If the same type of ads are triggering your issues, then there's nothing Dream Primer, nor Making Fun, can do about it. Unity Ads need to discontinue serving those types as ads. As mentioned in the linked report, but it doesn't seem like they care, and the response of "having trouble finding the problem" indicates they believe it's a user side thing, and thus no action needed on their end.

Any workaround for this? Clearing cache is not helping. If the devs and/or ad providers don't fix this, it will be very difficult for competitive players who are not whales or cheaters as well as are affected by this bug to compete. May well be the quit trigger.
                        There is no work around, you just have to hope that you don't receive a buggy ad from the provider.

The issue is NOT with Eternium, but with Unity Ads! Eternium could potentially find a different provider, no idea what's involved there...

Comment

The issue is NOT with Eternium, but with Unity Ads! Eternium could potentially find a different provider, no idea what's involved there...
                          So you are saying that now I have to tackle 'ad RNG' as well. Well, this really sucks.

I would urge the devs to find a solution to this. There has to be something.

Comment

Yeah, I would love a proper resolution as well - maybe it's time to take things to the Unity Ads' forum or email their support channel, until they sort it out. I've been reporting failed loading ads, via the Report Ad from within the ad's Privacy pop-up...

My average so far is about 1/5 failing, and a fair number of those resulting in the game lagging, needing a restart. But yeah, it's nothing new for me, and have been on going for a while...
                            Last edited by Nhat; 07-15-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I would love a proper resolution as well - maybe it's time to take things to the Unity Ads' forum or email their support channel, until they sort it out. I've been reporting failed loading ads, via the Report Ad from within the ad's Privacy pop-up...

My average so far is about 1/5 failing, and a fair number of those resulting in the game lagging, needing a restart. But yeah, it's nothing new for me, and have been on going for a while...
                              1/5 failing is something. 4/5 or even 5/5 is simply disgusting. Devs have to take this more seriously and work on it, and do it ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X