Forced version updating immediately when releasing bugfixes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced version updating immediately when releasing bugfixes

I decided to report this as a big BUG because it is VERY unfair and makes big frustrations among players. Whenever releasing bugfixes, please do not allow players to connect to server until they update to new version, and potentially discard off-line progress if not updating immediately.

We all know what is fixed in the 1.4.13 in comparison with 1.4.11. Some players keep running old versions and take advantages of the bug while other updated and do not have the same advantages. In other word, the obedient, fair players are always in disadvantage.
    Last edited by Alica2122; 07-15-2019, 07:11 AM.

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
    In other word, the obedient, fair players are always in disadvantage.
    ...always...

Comment

I suggest to remove all the CE obtained AFTER releasing the fact that this was a bug and give back the gems amount spent, about 400 per each, regarding chests... But this is too complicated and I'm afraid illegal Precious won't be taken away.
      NAHi ViCU COTU 7388
      Mobile only SW Schrei TL141

Comment

Do we have assurance that NO CEs are currently available other than by salvage? If not, it would penalize those who are on current patch, but still have a CE drop or Locked Chest.
        At this point we only guess what the Developers intend.

Comment

Rollback

Comment

I have only just heard about this bug and I have read somewhere that some people have already amassed 20+ CE's. Now I bought the season pass and have put well over £100 into this game, glad it's not pay to win. However it is starting to seem like exploit to win. Frustrating to say the least, could do with 20+ CE's. Maybe one day I will get lucky and a bug will positively affect me and I won't even realise. That said, it would be nice to know if CE's have been removed from the game (other than salvage) or not?

Comment

lmcelhiney, there is official answer on Discord
              https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...577#post141577

Attached Files
              Last edited by Alica2122; 07-15-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Devs like pay for celestials

Comment

I love how the Devs are saying people cant afford to open chests with gems. That is literally not the case. I would more than happily spend all 15k gems I have on CE's. Now I know they wont be appearing in Chests anymore, I can leave story mode alone again and concentrate on re-doing all the TL's I had already done.

Well done to all the folk that have saved up 20+ CE's I expect to see you in the top 10 for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
                    I decided to report this as a big BUG because it is VERY unfair and makes big frustrations among players. Whenever releasing bugfixes, please do not allow players to connect to server until they update to new version, and potentially discard off-line progress if not updating immediately.

We all know what is fixed in the 1.4.13 in comparison with 1.4.11. Some players keep running old versions and take advantages of the bug while other updated and do not have the same advantages. In other word, the obedient, fair players are always in disadvantage.
                    I logged in yesterday on my PC, and the game made me accept the upgrade in order to play. If you do not accept the upgrade, you cannot play on your PC.

FYI, I played through daily quests and ran a couple of trials, and the places where I had found celestial essence in the past no longer had celestial essence. I assume that this "bug" has been fixed now.
                    Last edited by Ozymandius; 07-16-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

I logged in yesterday on my PC, and the game made me accept the upgrade in order to play. If you do not accept the upgrade, you cannot play on your PC.

FYI, I played through daily quests and ran a couple of trials, and the places where I had found celestial essence in the past no longer had celestial essence. I assume that this "bug" has been fixed now.
                      Can I ask some more questions for clarification:

- Are you playing also on other device?

- Is it asking for profile upgrade or application upgrade? In the first case (profile upgrade) you only click accept and can log in, in the second case (app upgrade) you have to open Microsoft store, upgrade your app, restart the game then log in again.

My personal experience is that the Microsoft store upgrade your game first, then the upgraded version of the game ask you for profile upgrade. However, if we disable auto-upgrade in Microsoft store, I am not sure that that the app will ask you to upgrade your app.

Comment

The prompt for the upgrade to version 1.4.13 came through the game itself when I opened the game. I tested to see if I could still play without updating, but it would not let me play until I accepted the update. My iPhone is also running version 1.4.13. I will check to see what version that I have on my android mobile after work and get back to you.

P.S. - my android tablet upgraded automatically because I had played 1.4.13 on the pc.
                        Last edited by Ozymandius; 07-17-2019, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
                          The prompt for the upgrade to version 1.4.13 came through the game itself when I opened the game. I tested to see if I could still play without updating, but it would not let me play until I accepted the update. My iPhone is also running version 1.4.13. I will check to see what version that I have on my android mobile after work and get back to you.
                          That is what I expected. The Microsoft store automatically updated your app (the code of the game) to version 1.4.13 so you cannot play app version 1.4.13 with profile 1.4.11. You may note that you only had to agree to profile update then you could continue play immediately, without opening Microsoft store and downloading new code (because the code was already updated).

Comment

I had been grinding gems from ads/story mode, so had a pretty big pile when I first started seeing CEs in locked chests (v1.4.11). I ended up buying several, but got concerned that I was 'wasting money' (lol -- how naïve!), since they were somewhat common. I was impatiently waiting for the patch because I wanted the MS fix that was promised, but the Play Store kept showing the old version, so I kept farming. I didn't find out it was considered an 'exploit' until after I patched to 1.4.13.

When I found out that many players were allowed to keep running the 'bugged' version (and still are?!), I kind of felt like a chump for updating, but how much fun is it, really, to 'win' Eternium in this way? I just don't get the appeal... smh.

Comment

It is correct and true, that certain players purposefully do not accept version updates, and then continue to play (exploit) prior versions where drop tables were more favorable.

This is indeed a huge exploit (cheat which Devs "allow") and this makes playing this game so very sad for most of the "fair" and "honest" players.
                              VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Working...
                              X