No announcement yet.

Forced version updating immediately when releasing bugfixes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coda , completely agree, it is sad for the rest of us. My hope is that these exploit type people will not stick by the game and move on. You are one of the true champions of the game, someone that so many people try to emulate, hopefully people will take grace and follow in your illustrious footsteps.

Even with all my frustrations, trials and tribulations, I will continue to support this game to the full. Massive respect to the devs for continuing to try and keep this game current and interesting. Not many games keep my interest for over a year. So I doff my cap to all the devs and Legendary players that still continue to play.

Bring on 2020.

Lots O love

Rafers

Comment

Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post
      I love how the Devs are saying people cant afford to open chests with gems. That is literally not the case. I would more than happily spend all 15k gems I have on CE's. Now I know they wont be appearing in Chests anymore, I can leave story mode alone again and concentrate on re-doing all the TL's I had already done.
      Is THAT what the forced march to a new version today was about?!
      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Apparently they do have a way to prevent older versions from connecting, but the other issue is the delay in rolling out the new version - which is unfortunately beyond their control, up to Microsoft, Google, Apple and Amazon; can't block older version if the latest isn't available for download yet...

Recalled a similar thing during the Crafting Beta releases, bugged version got Checksum mismatched errors when trying to connect... Although I don't think anything was done about "previously obtained resources"...
        Last edited by Nhat; 07-17-2019, 12:24 AM. Reason: typos
        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

Is THAT what the forced march to a new version today was about?!
          Just to clarify, are you talking about v1.4.13, or is there an even newer one? (and what platform are you on?)

Comment

Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post

Just to clarify, are you talking about v1.4.13, or is there an even newer one? (and what platform are you on?)
            I am on 1.4.13 and the CE's are only a memory AFAIK. I'm a well-known abuser of Chromebook with touchscreen. My Eternium comes from the Google Playstore.
            FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

This was just posted in the Eternium FB group. A prime example of what happens when there are no in-game notifications or prompts on the game intro. STILL lots of players have no idea that they’re playing an old version or that it’s considered an exploit because they don’t read the forum consistently or they aren’t on discord. All could’ve been prevented with in-game notifications that EVERYBODY sees. *I* didn’t even know that it was an exploit until I happened to stumble across Nhat’s post that was buried in a thread here on the forum. Admin/Devs should have posted an official statement in the Announcements as soon as they realized what was happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post
                This was just posted in the Eternium FB group. A prime example of what happens when there are no in-game notifications or prompts on the game intro. STILL lots of players have no idea that they’re playing an old version or that it’s considered an exploit because they don’t read the forum consistently or they aren’t on discord. All could’ve been prevented with in-game notifications that EVERYBODY sees. *I* didn’t even know that it was an exploit until I happened to stumble across Nhat’s post that was buried in a thread here on the forum. Admin/Devs should have posted an official statement in the Announcements as soon as they realized what was happening.
                to prevent things like this bug/exploit version. i highly recommend that there's should be a prior notification before entering the game.. Not all players LIKE ME know the forums/discord. btw im the one posted that and just created forum acc today.

Comment

Originally posted by kier0990 View Post

to prevent things like this bug/exploit version. i highly recommend that there's should be a prior notification before entering the game.. Not all players LIKE ME know the forums/discord. btw im the one posted that and just created forum acc today.
                  Exactly! And that’s my point. Before Devs and players start lighting pitchforks and storming the gates crying “CHEAT” there needs to be a system in place to prevent innocent mistakes from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post

Exactly! And that’s my point. Before Devs and players start lighting pitchforks and storming the gates crying “CHEAT” there needs to be a system in place to prevent innocent mistakes from happening.
                    this matter will affect the friendly and fun environment of the game if players like me will get ban because of this

Comment

Originally posted by kier0990 View Post

this matter will affect the friendly and fun environment of the game if players like me will get ban because of this
                      WTF. I really do not understand what the developers are thinking.

As I have proposed, simply do not allow older versions to log in to the game server with an error message requesting players to update to newer version, and discard off-line playing progress if the players try to play offline in older versions too long. This is all. No additional notifications are needed, nobody can neglect the update. And mainly nobody will be considered as cheater/exploiter of the old version when they have to update in the first chance.
                      Last edited by Alica2122; 07-17-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post

WTF. I really do not understand what the developers are thinking.

As I have proposed, simply do not allow older versions to log in to the game server with an error message requesting players to update to newer version, and discard off-line playing progress if the players try to play offline in older versions too long. This is all. No additional notifications are needed, nobody can neglect the update. And mainly nobody will be considered as cheater/exploiter of the old version when they have to update in the first chance.
                        innocent players nothing to do with it devs do..
                        ​​​​​​why devs dont use the news tab to inform players to update because of the bug version :3

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
                          After reading this, I think that a crock of poop. Why in the world would anyone even try to push though an event now? The only ones that will do so are the ones who were able to get the CE in the first place.
                          Last edited by helopilot; 07-17-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

So, I've seen some players post that they now get notices to update when they open the game while online. However some choose to ignore it and force close the game and they play offline to continue to get more CEs. It should be made possible that once players get that notice that the game should remain unplayable even offline. I have another game that does exactly that, annoying, but it really forces me to update.
                            Last edited by Seiji Hoshino; 07-19-2019, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Amazon hasn‘t updated to .13 since many days.
                              Therefore they can‘t force close the game yet, it would lock out everyone playing on Fire OS.
                              Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Bronze2: #62 Warrior (Dekay) TL118
                              Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
                              Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131

Comment

Amazon finally approved the build yesterday and .13 was forced on all platforms.

Comment

Working...
                                X